PDA

View Full Version : So what did some of you do....

YardRat
08-13-2011, 11:46 AM
...before Al Gore invented the intratubes to give you a place to vent and something like this (trading Evans) happened?

Kick the dog?
Beat the wife?
Tear the heads off of your sister's dolls?
Cry yourself to sleep?

Get over it. **** happens.

It has for every team in the league, for every season of their existence. Big deal.
We've been down this road before, and we will again.
We've been winners before, and we will be again.

I don't like the Evans trade any more than the average fan, but it's certainly no reason to go ballistic, jump off of a bridge, or pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

You want to see what Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt can add to the team? If Stevie is a one-year wonder? Well, their opportunity just got bigger. Good for them, hopefully they can succeed and it will become good for us.

We were 4-12 with Evans, we can be 4-12 without him. Best of luck and I hope he does well in Baltimore. I hope our young guys do even better in Buffalo.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Acting out with aggressive behavior in order to try, and alleviate the disappointment of a situation, or decision that was beyond your control is a very adolescent course of action. Any adult guilty of such actions should seek immediate psychiatric help, and shouldn't be watching football. JMO

jmb1099
08-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Great post.

...before Al Gore invented the intratubes to give you a place to vent and something like this (trading Evans) happened?

Kick the dog?
Beat the wife?
Cry yourself to sleep?

It has for every team in the league, for every season of their existence. Big deal.

I don't like the Evans trade any more than the average fan, but it's certainly no reason to go ballistic, jump off of a bridge, or pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

You want to see what Easley, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt can add to the team? If Stevie is a one-year wonder? Well, their opportunity just got bigger. Good for them, hopefully they can succeed and it will become good for us.

We were 4-12 with Evans, we can be 4-12 without him. Best of luck and I hope he does well in Baltimore. I hope our young guys do even better in Buffalo.

better days
08-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Acting out with aggressive behavior in order to try, and alleviate the disappointment of a situation, or decision that was beyond your control is a very adolescent course of action. Any adult guilty of such actions should seek immediate psychiatric help, and shouldn't be watching football. JMO

Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you it is healthier to vent your frustrations than to hold them inside.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you it is healthier to vent your frustrations than to hold them inside.By taking it out on a dog, or beating your wife? lol Come on now.

better days
08-13-2011, 12:18 PM
By taking it out on a dog, or beating your wife? lol Come on now.

No, I did not say that. I was refering to venting on a message board.

Extremebillsfan247
08-13-2011, 12:23 PM
No, I did not say that. I was refering to venting on a message board. Taring the heads off of dolls, beating a dog, or wife, crying yourself to sleep isn't venting on a message board. These were the kinds of actions I was referring to. If you read the OP's post, you might understand that a little better I think. No respected therapist, or psychiatrist would EVER suggest violent, or volatile behavior as a means for venting frustrations. That is not subject to personal opinion, it's a fact.

ServoBillieves
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I beat up small children at the local playground. Then I cried in a corner for a few minutes, wrote my local congress about alcohols price and then took to skeet shooting Elvis records while pantsless on my apartment roof. After my girlfriend gave me meds, I threw tainted meat in to a koi pond.

Wait... When they cancelled Mystery Science Theater?

better days
08-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Taring the heads off of dolls, beating a dog, or wife, crying yourself to sleep isn't venting on a message board. These were the kinds of actions I was referring to. If you read the OP's post, you might understand that a little better I think. No respected therapist, or psychiatrist would EVER suggest violent, or volatile behavior as a means for venting frustrations. That is not subject to personal opinion, it's a fact.

I think a psychologist would approve of a person tearing the head off a doll or crying yourself to sleep. In fact I have heard of some that keep dolls in their office for just that purpose. You are only crossing the line when your venting hurts another living being. That is a fact. You should watch the movie Anger Management. MARISA TOMEI, Jack Nicholson & Adam Sandler, very funny & addresses this very issue.

OpIv37
08-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Way to completely miss the point, YR.

Some of us don't want to be 4-12 again, and some of us don't see how trading players for picks that MIGHT help in 2-3 years helps this team get better.

The Evans trade may not be a reason to go ballistic on it's own, but coupled with all the other actions, and more importantly, lack of action, by this FO is plenty reason for fans to be upset.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2011, 12:51 PM
i'm not getting over it anytime soon. **** you bills.

i might begin to get over it when the bills actually show they want to win and i don't see that anytime in the near future. maybe when ralph the scumbag dies and the bills get a real owner.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Taring the heads off of dolls, beating a dog, or wife, crying yourself to sleep isn't venting on a message board. These were the kinds of actions I was referring to. If you read the OP's post, you might understand that a little better I think. No respected therapist, or psychiatrist would EVER suggest violent, or volatile behavior as a means for venting frustrations. That is not subject to personal opinion, it's a fact.
shut the fat up. nobody said they were going to do that or did that. get real.

X-Era
08-13-2011, 01:05 PM
I love it. It sure seems like some of us like it when we underspend. It sure seems like some here like us when we sign no one. It sure seems like some here want us to hoard our cap room. It sure seems like some are perfectly happy with Pears and Urbik as the right side of our line. It sure seems like some like it when we go with an unproven player over a proven vet.

Well then, it sure seems like some like to maintain the status quo which means losing seasons.

Do I expect more? No. Do I hope for more? You're damn right I do. I will always hope that the Bills will pull their heads out of the collective asses and realize what it takes to win in the NFL. No, I will never be happy with the status quo when that means losing seasons.

Personally, I think the Lee trade was a stupid move. But, I still hope it works out for the best. I have no control over it and am over it right now. It will be another data point. My overall outlook for the upcoming season didn't change much. I'm hopeful for an over-achieving team that somehow defies all the things working against them and makes it to the playoffs. But, I am extremely doubtful that it will happen. No matter how bad this team is, I will continue to go to games every year and watch every game every year. But I will be damned if I'm going to happily go along with losing. The history on this team speaks for itself. HOF GM, HOF HC, HOF Quarterback, RB, DE, and C is what it took to take this team to the SB. But now we can go with UDFA's, rookies, and a ton of cap room? It's frankly laughable.

No, I won't ever believe that our current plan is the path to a SB win. I will believe that when I see it. I will root for the Bills, I will go to the games, I will be excited and hopeful for what we might do next. But, I won't be happy with the status quo, when that means losing seasons, like some around here are.

jmb1099
08-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I am as frustrated as anyone. Thousands of children died In Somalia yesterday because they simply didn't have enough to eat. It's not that I'm missing the point, it's just that I try to save my outrage for things that deserve it. For fear of trying to read someone's mind, i think this might be what YR is getting at, at least in part.
Besides, we've been losers for so long I don't think we'd know how to handle a winning sports franchise in buffalo. There'd probably be masss suicides.

X-Era
08-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I am as frustrated as anyone. Thousands of children died In Somalia yesterday because they simply didn't have enough to eat. It's not that I'm missing the point, it's just that I try to save my outrage for things that deserve it. For fear of trying to read someone's mind, i think this might be what YR is getting at, at least in part.
Besides, we've been losers for so long I don't think we'd know how to handle a winning sports franchise in buffalo. There'd probably be masss suicides.Perspective. I agree. But, it's out of the framework of the discussion and purpose for this area of the board. This is a Buffalo Bills message board. The negative sentiment is appropriate considering the recent happenings. Is it the worst thing in the world right now? No and it never will be. But is what happened with Lee the worst thing to be happening with the Bills right now? Many think so. That makes it relevant and discussion worthy. Unpleasant? Maybe. But worthy of discussion.

jmb1099
08-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Perspective. I agree. But, it's out of the framework of the discussion and purpose for this area of the board. This is a Buffalo Bills message board. The negative sentiment is appropriate considering the recent happenings. Is it the worst thing in the world right now? No and it never will be. But is what happened with Lee the worst thing to be happening with the Bills right now? Many think so. That makes it relevant and discussion worthy. Unpleasant? Maybe. But worthy of discussion.
Not saying it shouldn't be discussed. Also not happy about what we received in return for Evans or the timing of the deal. I love football and love the Bills. But at the end of the day it's just a game.

Historian
08-13-2011, 02:18 PM
it's certainly no reason to pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

Why not?

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:18 PM

Some of us don't want to be 4-12 again, and some of us don't see how trading players for picks that MIGHT help in 2-3 years helps this team get better.

The Evans trade may not be a reason to go ballistic on it's own, but coupled with all the other actions, and more importantly, lack of action, by this FO is plenty reason for fans to be upset.

The point is there is no reason for acting like whiny little *****es over something you have no control over, or know very little or nothing about regarding the background, or the truth.

It's football, for chrissakes...not life.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I love it. It sure seems like some of us like it when we underspend. It sure seems like some here like us when we sign no one. It sure seems like some here want us to hoard our cap room. It sure seems like some are perfectly happy with Pears and Urbik as the right side of our line. It sure seems like some like it when we go with an unproven player over a proven vet.

Well then, it sure seems like some like to maintain the status quo which means losing seasons.

Do I expect more? No. Do I hope for more? You're damn right I do. I will always hope that the Bills will pull their heads out of the collective asses and realize what it takes to win in the NFL. No, I will never be happy with the status quo when that means losing seasons.

Personally, I think the Lee trade was a stupid move. But, I still hope it works out for the best. I have no control over it and am over it right now. It will be another data point. My overall outlook for the upcoming season didn't change much. I'm hopeful for an over-achieving team that somehow defies all the things working against them and makes it to the playoffs. But, I am extremely doubtful that it will happen. No matter how bad this team is, I will continue to go to games every year and watch every game every year. But I will be damned if I'm going to happily go along with losing. The history on this team speaks for itself. HOF GM, HOF HC, HOF Quarterback, RB, DE, and C is what it took to take this team to the SB. But now we can go with UDFA's, rookies, and a ton of cap room? It's frankly laughable.

No, I won't ever believe that our current plan is the path to a SB win. I will believe that when I see it. I will root for the Bills, I will go to the games, I will be excited and hopeful for what we might do next. But, I won't be happy with the status quo, when that means losing seasons, like some around here are.

I will count that as one vote "Cry myself to sleep", with a bonus for bed-wetting thrown in.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
but it's certainly no reason to pull out the Ralph Wilson voodoo doll and start driving pole barn spikes into it.

too late.

jmb1099
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
Exactly

Michael82
08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
After the Music City Ripoff, I didn't have a board to vent on. I broke my remote and punched a hole in the wall. :ontome:

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Why not?

Because none of us know the facts behind the move.

But, just go ahead and create a reality out of perception and disregard what might really be the truth.

Historian
08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Because none of us know the facts behind the move.

But, just go ahead and create a reality out of perception and disregard what might really be the truth.

Where have you been the last 45 years???

Every player....every year....the list goes on and on.

It's no wonder nobody even wanted to coach here.

better days
08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
The point is there is no reason for acting like whiny little *****es over something you have no control over, or know very little or nothing about regarding the background, or the truth.

It's football, for chrissakes...not life.

Well, the truth is the Bills traded Evans for a 4th rnd pick. That is not acceptable to me & I will ***** about it until the Bills have a winning season.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Your disagreement with actions taken by the front office doesn't = a lack of action.

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
I went very optimistic to pessimistic in one hour yesterday. this trade totally ruined my excitement for season and the home opener most of all. i just bought tickets wednesday for the raiders game. i have no urge to go now, knowing the Bills have no interest in winning. of course i will go and support the team but i will not go to another game all year.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Where have you been the last 45 years???

Every player....every year....the list goes on and on.

It's no wonder nobody even wanted to coach here.

Same place as you...a little farther back from the ledge though, apparently.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I went very optimistic to pessimistic in one hour yesterday. this trade totally ruined my excitement for season and the home opener most of all. i just bought tickets wednesday for the raiders game. i have no urge to go now, knowing the Bills have no interest in winning. of course i will go and support the team but i will not go to another game all year.

And if they look good/great tonight, and Nelson/Easley/whoever gives any indication of being able to perform opposite Stevie you will be right back running after the bandwagon.

Historian
08-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Same place as you...a little farther back from the ledge though, apparently.

I guess so.

You apologists seem so addicted to losing that it doesn't even phase you anymore.

Well you certainly got it.

Enjoy.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Enjoy.

I will...Just as I have for the last 40+ seasons, and whatever more down the road that I'm fortunate enough to be around for.

YardRat
08-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Just for the record, I'm well aware that at some point this season I will probably post something out of emotion that is the equivalent of throwing my TV through my window and having this thread tossed back at me :D

X-Era
08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I will...Just as I have for the last 40+ seasons, and whatever more down the road that I'm fortunate enough to be around for.Diving a Yugo with sunglasses on? As long as there are endless roads with pot holes, yeah it will be a bumpy ride but hey a Yugo and a pair of sunglasses.

jmb1099
08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Just for the record, I'm well aware that at some point this season I will probably post something out of emotion that is the equivalent of throwing my TV through my window and having this thread tossed back at me :D
Me too. I remember that Dallas game on Monday night a few years ago... Not a good moment in the Brennan house

BertSquirtgum
08-13-2011, 11:59 PM
And if they look good/great tonight, and Nelson/Easley/whoever gives any indication of being able to perform opposite Stevie you will be right back running after the bandwagon.

nope. the offense is going to be terrible this year. i can see the defense improving significantly but i don't see the offense doing well. i hope i'm wrong but i highly doubt it.

YardRat
08-14-2011, 08:46 AM
nope. the offense is going to be terrible this year. i can see the defense improving significantly but i don't see the offense doing well. i hope i'm wrong but i highly doubt it.
The offense struggled mightily last night, but that's to be expected in the first preseason game. Of course, I'm not expecting our o-line to get much better either.

Hell, if the two-minute drill at the end of the game didn't show you how limited the playbook was for last night nothing will.

ChristopherWalken
08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I think we should give them a "golly gee" slug on the shoulder and say. "better luck next time fellas, now lets go get an ice cream float and forget all about it!". :rolleyes:

Its been too long since this team has given us something to cheer about that the Bills fan base is losing its passion for the game.

There are healthy ways for dealing with sport induced aggressions and believe it or not, even a psychiatrist would agree, that a message board is somewhere close to the top of that list.

For those of you that can't hack it, collect your macramé needles and go turn on a WNBA game.

better days
08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
The offense struggled mightily last night, but that's to be expected in the first preseason game. Of course, I'm not expecting our o-line to get much better either.

Hell, if the two-minute drill at the end of the game didn't show you how limited the playbook was for last night nothing will.

The more limited a playbook is, the better it should be executed. Well, it was executed very poorly last night, that is what concerns me.

Demon
08-14-2011, 11:42 AM

Kick the dog?
Beat the wife?
Cry yourself to sleep?

Dude, you have 28,000 posts. What the **** did you do before the internet?

YardRat
08-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Dude, you have 28,000 posts. What the **** did you do before the internet?

Tore the heads off of Lecter's dolls.

TonyIncredible
08-14-2011, 03:53 PM

Kick the dog?
Beat the wife?
Cry yourself to sleep?

I did all of the above :/