19-TeBucky Jones, NO
20-Reggie Tongue, Sea
21-Dexter Jackson, Az
22-Adam Archuleta, SL
23-Keion Carpenter, Atl
24-Zach Bronson, SF
25-Kenoy Kennedy, Den
26-Ed Reed, Balt

Ed Reed 26, no way, he should be higher.

Jan Reimers
06-25-2003, 04:08 PM
Keion Carpenter? :snicker2:

Demon
06-25-2003, 04:12 PM
I know i will sound bias and all that, but i don't care what anyone says, Cory Wire is as good or better then half of those guys, esspially Carpenter, Kennedy, Harrison, Parrish..... pleaaaaaaaaaase. I don't care what these rankings say, we'll see what Wire does this season in the playoffs while all those losers are watching on tv.

Sports Weekly is officially a joke newspaper/magazine or whatever it is. I'v never even heard of it. It must be like a Miami based magazine or something.

Mr. Miyagi
06-25-2003, 04:13 PM
You finheads can have all the stats you want, top CBs, top safeties, 3rd ranked D, etc. But when it all comes down to it, you still didn't make the playoffs and we still swept you last season. :laughter:

MDFINFAN
06-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
You finheads can have all the stats you want, top CBs, top safeties, 3rd ranked D, etc. But when it all comes down to it, you still didn't make the playoffs and we still swept you last season. :laughter:

This has nothing to do with with us having stats, just sharing info from different sources, notice I commented on ed and his status on this list., This list is not my personal opinion and I disagree with some of the rankings...but then again I don't watch every game and every team to determine, what a true list should look like, I only go on what I see, like most of you,..but this list was prepared by a outside source other than the bills fans and Phins fans..so I thought it, a lot lets bias..if you don't agree with it, fine, that's why it's posted here, for debate. But I'm not bashing the bills and don't think you should blast phinfans because of some publications choices.

The_Philster
06-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Keion Carpenter? :snicker2:

Keion is doing pretty well in Atlanta...no big surprise...he was good here as well, IMO.

TigerJ
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Keion was part of the old regime. He was also probably not the best safety for the kind of defence Williams wanted to run, not that PP proved to be any better. He is a pretty solid guy in the Wade Phillips scheme. I agree that Wire has the potential to climb the list, maybe pretty quickly, but as far as the sporting world is concerned he's not a proven commodity yet.

Doc
06-25-2003, 08:48 PM
I agree TJ about Wire. He has a lot to prove, but hopeful signs are that he keeps himself in good shape regardless and has a full year of NFL-style conditioning under his belt (i.e. to avoid hitting "the wall"), and he spent the off-season going over gamefilm with Steve Jackson, the Bills' safeties coach. Both of those things will only help him get better faster.

As for Keion, his neck is a concern and may end his career. It's too bad because I liked him.

:violin:

R. Rich
06-26-2003, 05:57 AM
Hey, I'm no Tuna or 'Boys fan at all, but to even think there are 10 safeties in the NFL better than Roy Williams? No way! Even after only a season in the league, I think he and Ed Reed have shown they are among the best.

NC-BILLS44
06-27-2003, 07:57 AM
As my avatar states "Coy Wire Rocks!!" The list will need updating very soon.

Patrick76777
06-27-2003, 08:04 AM
Sammy Knight at number 8? Funny how the 8th best S in the NFL can sit on the FA open market for over 2 months and nobody gave him a look. You would think a guy that good would have been scooped up right away.

WG
06-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Doc, Yeah, I liked Keion too.

Wire will be fine w/ some experience. Heck, he's young and still played reasonably well on a team w/ no front 7!

MDFINFAN,

Funny, b/c even amid those rankings, your secondary, which I admit is amongst the best in the league, at least for now, couldn't manage even 1 INT v. us in two games! Interesting, eh. I'll just put that up for debate. B/c while Drew pitched 15 INTs v. the 7 other toughest teams we played, many w/ Ds/secondaries not nearly as good as yours, in two games the Fin 2ndary couldn't manage even one!

Patrick76777
06-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Wys, i'm sorry, but everytime I read, "Against the toughest teams" in your posts, I go nuts.

WG
06-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Well, here's the breakdown 76:

Teams lost to in which Drew tossed 15 INTs:

G.B.: 12-4
Oakland: 11-5
Pats (twice): 9-7
Jets (twice): 9-7
K.C.: 8-8

Teams we beat and against which Drew didn't have any INTs:

Cincy: 2-14
Detroit: 3-13
Chicago: 4-12
Houston: 4-12
Minnesota: 6-10
S.D.: 8-8
Miami (twice): 9-7

So other than Miami, how would you categorize that breakdown?? Just curious!

B/c call me silly, but it doesn't really seem as if we beat any teams of any consequence other than Miami, and both of those games were largely on the strengths of D and Henry's rushing. Drew did relatively nothing in the first game, and had only a handful of big pass plays in the second.

Just callin' it the way it is brother! :)

Patrick76777
06-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Ok wys. good job.

WG
06-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Truth

NC-BILLS44
06-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Drew did relatively nothing in the first game, and had only a handful of big pass plays in the second.

[/B]

I'll take those handful of big pass plays. Especially when they're for TDs, ala, Moulds & Price.

WG
06-27-2003, 01:15 PM
I won't risk the entire season, just as we did last year, on hopes that we'll get big plays all year long! That's not the way to win games witness the K.C., Oakland, Jets, G.B., and both N.E. games, almost the S.D. game and the negative big plays that went against us while Drew was trying to make more big plays.

You live by the big play, you die by the big play.

Games won due to big plays by our passing O: 1

Games lost due to negative big plays by our passing O: 6

You could up that games won to 3 if you include the Minnesota (6-10) and Chicago (4-12) games both won in O/T. But the "big plays" were in O/T, they didn't get us there!

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I'll take those handful of big pass plays. Especially when they're for TDs, ala, Moulds & Price.

So I won't take those "handful of big pass plays" since more of them seem to go against us than for us. It's easy to only reflect on all the good things, good plays, and other things that went right and looked spectacular last season, but we have to look at the big picture and the whole deal in order to assess the worth and value of living and dying by the 'big play'.

The net result is negative by a long shot.

Just remember, you don't get anywhere in this league by being able to beat teams .500 and worse. You have to be able to beat all the teams that we didn't beat last year. As well, we're not gonna have the luck (more than likely) with the Fins starting QB and two starting WRs out due to injury this season. We'll have to beat them at full strength more than likely.

WG
06-27-2003, 01:17 PM
P.S. You also don't get anywhere in this league by big plays courtesy of the passing O.

Strong rushing which complements D infinitely more than good passing does, coupled w/ solid D is what will get us there and is what has gotten teams there in the past!

;)

NC-BILLS44
06-27-2003, 02:08 PM
All I meant is that if we can get a handful of big plays each game, that would be great. I didn't say anything about only going for the big play. Of course the running game must be established, but a handful of big plays, offensively and defensive, can make the difference in a game. Isn't that why people are excited about the potential of Willis M. and Spikes? They can make the big play, like bust a 80 yd run or force a key turnover.

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Well, here's the breakdown 76:

Teams lost to in which Drew tossed 15 INTs:

G.B.: 12-4
Oakland: 11-5
Pats (twice): 9-7
Jets (twice): 9-7
K.C.: 8-8

Teams we beat and against which Drew didn't have any INTs:

Cincy: 2-14
Detroit: 3-13
Chicago: 4-12
Houston: 4-12
Minnesota: 6-10
S.D.: 8-8
Miami (twice): 9-7

So other than Miami, how would you categorize that breakdown?? Just curious!

B/c call me silly, but it doesn't really seem as if we beat any teams of any consequence other than Miami, and both of those games were largely on the strengths of D and Henry's rushing. Drew did relatively nothing in the first game, and had only a handful of big pass plays in the second.

Just callin' it the way it is brother! :)

Good assessment Wys, Looking at who you beat did bother a lot of fin fans, but as they say on any given Sunday, and the bills just had our number on those Sundays.

MDFINFAN,

Funny, b/c even amid those rankings, your secondary, which I admit is amongst the best in the league, at least for now, couldn't manage even 1 INT v. us in two games! Interesting, eh. I'll just put that up for debate. B/c while Drew pitched 15 INTs v. the 7 other toughest teams we played, many w/ Ds/secondaries not nearly as good as yours, in two games the Fin 2ndary couldn't manage even one!

That was odd to us as well, we usually pick Drew, especially when he was in NE..The one Madison dropped into Moulds hands was probably as close as we got last year. I think a healthy Madison would have caught that one, he was a step too slow with that knee problem. But hats off to Drew for putting the ball where he had to in those 2 games..I think that's why Wanny brought in Knight, who I too couldn't understand sitting on the market as long as he did after all the int's he had. I actually think NO put it out that he was too slow to scare people off and then resign him before TC for cheap. Wanny also brought in Buckley who I think picked off Drew in your NE games. Plus this is another year for Freeman, who I think will eventually developed into a fine Safety.

Earthquake Enyart
06-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Miami is over rated. especially in their secondary. Moulds always has his biggest games against the vaunted fish.

MDFINFAN
06-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Miami is over rated. especially in their secondary. Moulds always has his biggest games against the vaunted fish.

Then a lot of teams are under rated...but the fact that the secondary keeps other teams, other than you:priest: in check, says a lot about them, give props where props are deserved, use you head not your heart. It's a better conversation when you can prove why their not good, or over rated, 1 or 2 bad games a season does not make a unit over rated.