PDA

View Full Version : Nix Being Opportunistic

Thundering Buffalo
08-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Nix knows we have a lot of holes to fill to be competitive. Trading Evans frees up more cap space and gives us trade leverage if the right deal comes available. Case in point was how he handles the Poz situation filling 3 needs instead of over paying for a fringe player. There are 2 cuts coming up and there will be plenty of talent available with a smaller market of teams available because most will have their rosters set or won't have the cap room to sign other players. Lee is at the end of his career, it gives him a chance to play for a winner, and it gives us a chance to become a better team.

Ebenezer
08-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Nix knows we have a lot of holes to fill to be competitive. Trading Evans frees up more cap space and gives us trade leverage if the right deal comes available. Case in point was how he handles the Poz situation filling 3 needs instead of over paying for a fringe player. There are 2 cuts coming up and there will be plenty of talent available with a smaller market of teams available because most will have their rosters set or won't have the cap room to sign other players. Lee is at the end of his career, it gives him a chance to play for a winner, and it gives us a chance to become a better team.
They had so much cap room he could have bought the same free agents as the Eagles and still had room to play.

Thundering Buffalo
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
I have not seen an updated cap figure since the trade, if you or someone else has that number it would give more fuel to the fire under Nix's a$$. thanks

X-Era
08-14-2011, 06:07 PM
I have not seen an updated cap figure since the trade, if you or someone else has that number it would give more fuel to the fire under Nix's a$$. thanksFrom what I've come up with it's around 20-23 mill under.

Thundering Buffalo
08-14-2011, 06:43 PM
There are 2 more cuts needed to get to the final rosters a lot can happen and we could definitely use help on the right side of our O line

OpIv37
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM

1. How did Nix fill 3 holes by not re-signing Poz? That doesn't make any sense.

2. We had TONS of cap space before moving Evans. Cap space hasn't been an issue for this team for years- it's spending that cap space that causes them problems.

3. How exactly does trading a player for a pick- who may or may not help in 2-3 years- give us a chance to be a better team? This also makes no sense. IF we use the pick properly it MIGHT make us better in 2-3 years time, but as far as the 2011 Bills are concerned, we are a worse team without Lee Evans.

There is no logic in your post whatsoever. It comes across as grasping at straws to defend the Bills' front office for the sake of defending them.

OpIv37
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
oh and one more thing: for years, the Bills have signed other teams' trash after the 1st 2 rounds of pre-season cuts. It never gets us anywhere. Other teams are cutting them for a reason.

Zero
08-14-2011, 06:52 PM

This is too funny. So according to you, Nix is biding his time, allowing impactful players to leave the organization all the while doing next to zero to add players through free agency, because he's waiting for the "right" opportunity? LMFAO, thats rich

elltrain22
08-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Its never gonna happen while Ralph is the owner. The hope I have now, is that when he goes, Terry Pegula steps up, and decides to turn this into a class organization once again.

Pipe dream I know, but else do I have to hope for??

Crisis
08-14-2011, 07:13 PM
oh and one more thing: for years, the Bills have signed other teams' trash after the 1st 2 rounds of pre-season cuts. It never gets us anywhere. Other teams are cutting them for a reason.

the lawyer milloy signing was worth it... i'd do that every year if it meant beating the pats 31-0 once...

still cant believe thats the last time we beat them.