PDA

View Full Version : I think spiller is Evans "replacement'

mrbojanglezs
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Evans wasn't good at being effective in the primary routes gailey requires. Lot of gailey's offense is quick slants and over the middle within 20 yards type throws.

However, I believe that when we go 4 or 5 wide spiller will be used as the replacement for evans as the streaker/burner to draw coverage away from the middle of the field. He did this well at clemson and I bet that is what the plan is.

I wouldn't worry too much about Evans being gone, all he did was draw double teams and run streaks we have Spiller who can do the same thing IMO

Thoughts?

justasportsfan
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about Evans being gone, all he did was draw double teams and run streaks we have Spiller who can do the same thing IMO

Thoughts?

Losing a players who draws double teams is a good thing? Since when has Spiller drawn anything?

mrbojanglezs
08-14-2011, 06:12 PM
i never said it was a good thing, he hasn't drawn anything yet because he has barely got snaps and hasn't been utilized yet, this year he will be more involved in the passing game, he'll be out wide running streaks and if he doesn't draw double coverage then he'll be blazing by the corner and be open, if he draws it then stevie, nelson, parrish, or jones will be open

Demon
08-14-2011, 07:09 PM
This thread reminds me of when Steve Tasker said last night during the telecast "Spiller trying to avoid a sophomore slump".... umm, don't you actually have to do something during your rookie year to be worried about a sophomore slump... ?

casdhf
08-14-2011, 08:10 PM
'Scoe will be in there too.

The last buffalo fan
08-14-2011, 08:19 PM
'Scoe will be in there too.

Who are you anyway?

casdhf
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
They call me the great mexican slayer. Watch out!

Cleve
08-14-2011, 09:27 PM
This thread reminds me of when Steve Tasker said last night during the telecast "Spiller trying to avoid a sophomore slump".... umm, don't you actually have to do something during your rookie year to be worried about a sophomore slump... ?

They sounded like serious Company Men on that telecast.

If you include last night's snore fest, the Bills offense have scored a whopping 13 points in the last 3 games they've played.

Demon
08-14-2011, 11:03 PM
They sounded like serious Company Men on that telecast.

If you include last night's snore fest, the Bills offense have scored a whopping 13 points in the last 3 games they've played.

lol for sure. If i didn't know any better, i'd think the Bills were actually the Patriots the way they were talking about us.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-15-2011, 12:12 AM
i think buffalo plans on using spiller the way the rams used marshall faulk. but with 100 less touches. spiller looks way more aggressive and comfortable, you can tell...

Dozerdog
08-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Losing a players who draws double teams is a good thing? Since when has Spiller drawn anything?

3rd grade art class:mybills:

Dozerdog
08-15-2011, 09:03 AM
i think buffalo plans on using spiller the way the rams used marshall faulk. but with 100 less touches. spiller looks way more aggressive and comfortable, you can tell...

Then they would be using him like Kevin Faulk.

EDS
08-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Evans wasn't good at being effective in the primary routes gailey requires. Lot of gailey's offense is quick slants and over the middle within 20 yards type throws.

However, I believe that when we go 4 or 5 wide spiller will be used as the replacement for evans as the streaker/burner to draw coverage away from the middle of the field. He did this well at clemson and I bet that is what the plan is.

Thoughts?

Wasn't Spiller supposed to be Fred Jackson's replacement? Fred is 30 too, only time until Buddy cuts him lose too.

Mski
08-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Losing a players who draws double teams is a good thing? Since when has Spiller drawn anything?im not sure he was even doing that anymore by mid point last season

Nighthawk
08-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Wow...I haven't been around here that much lately, but its clear to see that some things never change. All I can say to this thread is WOW....

psubills62
08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Wasn't Spiller supposed to be Fred Jackson's replacement? Fred is 30 too, only time until Buddy cuts him lose too.
Since when?

Static
08-15-2011, 09:58 AM
They call me the great mexican slayer. Watch out!

you're just a rumor :refuse:

EDS
08-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Since when?

Since the Bills used a first round draft pick on Spiller. Assine to draft a running back in early in the first round if he is not going to be your primary ball carrier.

trapezeus
08-15-2011, 10:57 AM
not to defend the bills ineptness too much, but the bills really didn't run too many patterns on saturday. Look at the final 2 min drive. they ran the same formation for all two minutes. You have to imagine gailey's game 1 offense will be much more imaginative.

I did like the use of spiller in the running game. that was the bread and butter of the bills 1990-94 offense. Get blockers down field, let thurman work his thing.

I'd like to see Johnny white get some first string action as a running back next week. not that i think he's some amazing running back, but it was criminal to ask him to perform behind the backups. his college tape showed he was a pretty decent runner. We know what fred is going to do behind this line, and spiller is possibly a slot guy and extra blocker with limited touches (so far). so let's see if white can run behind these guys. i get the sense he might be a nice kenny davis.

psubills62
08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Since the Bills used a first round draft pick on Spiller. Assine to draft a running back in early in the first round if he is not going to be your primary ball carrier.
Jackson is versatile, but Spiller is a much different back to me. Don't think he was meant to replace him so much as complement him. It's the whole adding talent thing.

The Jokeman
08-15-2011, 11:17 AM
The Saints did it and won a Super Bowl against the Colts. That said we're no where nearly as talented as that Saints team.

EDS
08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Jackson is versatile, but Spiller is a much different back to me. Don't think he was meant to replace him so much as complement him. It's the whole adding talent thing.

Buddy needs to do a lot better than using a top 10 draft pick on a complimentary running back if this team is going to win some games.

Spiller was drafted to be Chris Johnson. Obviously, that hasn't happened.

EDS
08-15-2011, 11:26 AM
The Saints did it and won a Super Bowl against the Colts. That said we're no where nearly as talented as that Saints team.

What impact do you think Bush will have on the Dolphins? I am sure Brees had nothing to do with the Saints' success.

psubills62
08-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Buddy needs to do a lot better than using a top 10 draft pick on a complimentary running back if this team is going to win some games.

Spiller was drafted to be Chris Johnson. Obviously, that hasn't happened.
Yes, yes, we know Spiller has been a disappointment. Thanks for letting us know. I still don't think he was drafted to necessarily replace Jackson. I'd say if anything Johnny White is here to replace Jackson.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow...I haven't been around here that much lately, but its clear to see that some things never change. All I can say to this thread is WOW....

Thank you, I was thinking it, but I didn't want to say anything.