PDA

View Full Version : After seeing us in action, who would you like to see us go after?

X-Era
08-14-2011, 06:48 PM
For me, I thought the right side of the line played better than I expected but the depth is razor thin to non-existant. I'd like some veteran insurance.

I'd like to see us sign:

Flozell Adams- Old be played decent as the Steelers starter at RT last year. As a backup, vet RT that would be a good pickup.
Leonard Davis- Over 30 but could be a decent backup at RG

I'd have no issue with us cutting Maybin and Isiah Thompson to make room.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2011, 06:55 PM
For me, I thought the right side of the line played better than I expected but the depth is razor thin to non-existant. I'd like some veteran insurance.

I'd like to see us sign:

Flozell Adams- Old be played decent as the Steelers starter at RT last year. As a backup, vet RT that would be a good pickup.
Leonard Davis- Over 30 but could be a decent backup at RG

I'd have no issue with us cutting Maybin and Isiah Thompson to make room.

Davis would start over Urbik. As would my mother. And either cat. And a dead possum.

And I don't think cutting players is a problem with this team

X-Era
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Davis would start over Urbik. As would my mother. And either cat. And a dead possum.

And I don't think cutting players is a problem with this teamGotta make those roster spots.

sam5767
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Depth on OL....maybe another rb

YardRat
08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I can't argue with Davis or Adams as a stop gap. Hell, I'd take them both at this point.

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Gotta make those roster spots.
I know.

My point is that there are many players they can cut.

Bruce Hall?

TonyIncredible
08-14-2011, 07:05 PM
alright lets resign mike williams!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/didibuttonsley/files/2010/08/staypuft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Dr. Lecter
08-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Depth on OL....maybe another rb
I dunno about RB. Jackson, Spiller and White are OK and Caulcrick is fine if they keep an extra guy

X-Era
08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
The Pats get it:

"WR TJ Houshmanzadeh to meet with the Patriots. Would be an interesting reunion with Ochocinco, would it not?"

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora/status/102898598894776320

Were all set at #2 WR so we don't have any need for him. :rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
08-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Need the right side of OL NOW!

Lone Stranger
08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd inquire about Brian Waters; see if he has anything left.

BertSquirtgum
08-14-2011, 08:08 PM
they don't want to win. they aren't going to sign anyone.

Crisis
08-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Andrew Luck

BertSquirtgum
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
they could sign a handful of veterans that would make this team better but they won't because ralph is a cheap old ****.

Raptor
08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Yea I really can't see us signing any vets

I mean we just traded away Evans based nearly all on that fact that we want to give younger players shots

BertSquirtgum
08-14-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm interested in winning. I don't care if they give the young guys a shot. Give them a shot in pre-season and training camp.

BillsOverDolphins
08-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah, everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I'd also like the right side of the OL to be comprised by somebody other than the late shift from Burger King.

We badly need a veteran reliable receiving threat too, be it at TE or WR (preferably (WR).
If we don't address the OL, then we're going to need better QB depth soon as well.

TacklingDummy
08-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Should have traded Evans to Washington for McNabb.

Jaybird
08-14-2011, 10:19 PM
im all for some vets on the o line...

BertSquirtgum
08-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head here. I'd also like the right side of the OL to be comprised by somebody other than the late shift from Burger King.

We badly need a veteran reliable receiving threat too, be it at TE or WR (preferably (WR).
If we don't address the OL, then we're going to need better QB depth soon as well.

terrell owens anyone? ahahaha

cookie G
08-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd inquire about Brian Waters; see if he has anything left.

Unless he's hasn't left the couch for a year, a 34 year old Waters is lightyears ahead of a 25 year old Urbik.

BidsJr
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Send the fourth we got for Lee to the Colts. For Manning.

better days
08-15-2011, 12:41 AM
If you were Adams, would you want to spend most likely your last year in the NFL on the Bills with no chance of making the playoffs or a team that might have a shot at it?

The Bills would be the last option for Adams if no other team would have him & he wanted another payday.

Michael82
08-15-2011, 01:48 AM
I'd take Brian Waters for RG.

Figster
08-15-2011, 08:29 AM
In Chan Gailey's quest to make sure Fitzpatrick has zero competition on the roster he's left the Bill's without a sufficient backup QB. This is as much Buddy Nix's fault for not stepping in and say "Chan I understand and can appreciate the sense of loyalty you have for your starter, but the team comes first so we're going to bring in another serviceable QB"

At this point I don't even care who as long as he's serviceable, but we need another signal caller, help on the O-line, and a kicker with a stronger leg, or special teams/kickoffs are going to kill us.

better days
08-15-2011, 12:31 PM
In Chan Gailey's quest to make sure Fitzpatrick has zero competition on the roster he's left the Bill's without a sufficient backup QB. This is as much Buddy Nix's fault for not stepping in and say "Chan I understand and can appreciate the sense of loyalty you have for your starter, but the team comes first so we're going to bring in another serviceable QB"

At this point I don't even care who as long as he's serviceable, but we need another signal caller, help on the O-line, and a kicker with a stronger leg, or special teams/kickoffs are going to kill us.

I guess you haven't heard. They moved the kickoff from the 30 to the 35. Who do you suggest the Bills should get or could have gotten for QB?

Figster
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I guess you haven't heard. They moved the kickoff from the 30 to the 35. Who do you suggest the Bills should get or could have gotten for QB?

Right, and good kicker can punch the ball out of the endzone,

QB that can hit the broad side of a barn

Raptor
08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm interested in winning. I don't care if they give the young guys a shot. Give them a shot in pre-season and training camp.

Buddy and Chan disagree

Buddo
08-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Right, and good kicker can punch the ball out of the endzone,

QB that can hit the broad side of a barn

In case you weren't aware, it being a pre-season game, they deliberately didn't kick through the end zone, so as to get their coverage unit practise.

X-Era
08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Jon Stinchcomb has been released. That's another name who, when healthy, could help.

Figster
08-15-2011, 08:14 PM
In case you weren't aware, it being a pre-season game, they deliberately didn't kick through the end zone, so as to get their coverage unit practise.

Makes sense, thanks

BigDSpice
08-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Jon Stinchcomb has been released. That's another name who, when healthy, could help.
Another 30+ year old OL but a proven winner non the less and at this point any OL the Bills pick up is going to be an upgrade. The obvious answer to your question is to get some depth at the QB position. Dante?? I mean its not a franchise player were talking about but he is a solid NFL #2 QB, and once again probably a good mentor to Fitz.

X-Era
08-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Another 30+ year old OL but a proven winner non the less and at this point any OL the Bills pick up is going to be an upgrade. The obvious answer to your question is to get some depth at the QB position. Dante?? I mean its not a franchise player were talking about but he is a solid NFL #2 QB, and once again probably a good mentor to Fitz.Nice to see you posting!

Duante is old, I'm actually good with Thigpen even though he looked bad in the preseason game.

But on the OL, what's the downside? Get some depth at least.

BigDSpice
08-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Terrelle Pryor...Yes please!!!

BillsOverDolphins
08-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Terrelle Pryor...Yes please!!!

True, we definitely need more receivers.

X-Era
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Terrelle Pryor...Yes please!!!The guy is not an NFL QB as of now. Would I mind it? No. But is it clear cut? No.

BigDSpice
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Absolutely not an NFL QB as of now is right...but thats exactly what we have the luxury of dealing with right now. the kid is going to come out of the draft for basically the cost of **** paper, and even as cheap as the bills are even they can afford a guy like this. Even to just let him play in our "newly aquired" wildcat or even as a second or third stringer until he gets his feet wet. i know its a long shot since the draft hasnt even happened yet but if it got to the point of us having the chance to get him and us passing on him, id be thoroughly disappointed in our efforts to strengthen our offence this off season...(once again)...