PDA

View Full Version : What's our ceiling this year?

BillsOverDolphins
08-15-2011, 10:05 AM
@KC
OAK
NE
@CIN
PHI
@NYG
WAS
NYJ
@DAL
@MIA
@NYJ
TEN
@SDG
MIA
DEN
@NE

I'd say 7-9 is our max potential until proven otherwise

psubills62
08-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I'd put the absolute ceiling at 9 wins.

BillsWin
08-15-2011, 10:14 AM
19 wins is the ceiling for all teams.

Ickybaluky
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
If things go right the Bills could be a surprise playoff team, so I guess that is their ceiling. Watching that game the other day it is apparent they have improved defensively (especially in the front-7, where there are 3 guys who need extra attention). I think they will struggle at times on offense, but they are superior to the dreadful offensive team of 2009.

There are a number of ifs they need to overcome. They need their young players to step up and become consistent. They need good play out of Fitzpatrick, who had a decent year last year but is still just a gutsy guy who isn't as good as you want in a starter (IMO). They need to avoid injury, because they don't have a lot of depth. Hard to predict with so many unknowns.

Don't Panic
08-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Realistically, I think this can be a 9 win team at best. We do not have the offensive firepower to be a 10 win team even if everything breaks our way because our defense, while vastly improved, is not elite. Therefore, I think the best we can do is 9-7. I called 8-8 before the Evans trade, and I'd say 7-9 now (I am glass 2/3 full though) is probably where we'll actually end up.

baalworship
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
6 wins. We aren't that bad but unfortunately we start with 4 losses to the Pats and Jets.

TacklingDummy
08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
5 wins

mjt328
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
@KC - The Chiefs were a playoff team last year, but we could beat them
OAK - This is a game we should win, especially at home
NE - We haven't beaten the Pats in years. No reason that will change
@CIN - Another game we really should win, especially with Dalton at QB
PHI - No way
@NYG - Probably not
WAS - We should win this one
NYJ - I like our chances better than against New England, but still
@DAL - I expect the Cowboys to rebound this year. Doubtful we win.
@MIA - Another game we have a really good chance at winning
@NYJ - See above
TEN - Another team likely starting a rookie QB. I like our chances.
@SDG - A very tough team to beat.
MIA - See above
DEN - I like our chances here
@NE - See above

No game is un-winnable. And no game should be considered a definite win. Most likely, we win a couple that we shouldn't, but lose a couple that we shouldn't too.
I think the schedule looks like an 8-8 record at best. That's assuming we can sweep Miami and beat a playoff team from last year (KC).
It's very unlikely that we beat New England or the Jets in either contest, Philadelphia, the Giants, Dallas or San Diego.

WeAreArthurMoates
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM
9 wins
KC
Oak
Cincy
WAS
MIA (2x)
Tenn
Den

To me are very winnable games, I also think we can def beat the Giants if we get in Eli's head early, I also think we one of 4 vs. NYJ and New England.

BillsOverDolphins
08-15-2011, 11:36 AM
We should beat NE last game of the year--they'll be resting their starters...of course, I don't expect them to win, but that's a different story

OpIv37
08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
The WAS game is in Toronto.

Automatic loss.

Oaf
08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I say we lose to Oak, but beat Dal.

ddaryl
08-16-2011, 10:59 AM
@KC
OAK
NE
@CIN
PHI
@NYG
WAS
NYJ
@DAL
@MIA
@NYJ
TEN
@SDG
MIA
DEN
@NE

I'd say 7-9 is our max potential until proven otherwise

I agree with a 7-9 ceiling... and that would be a helluva accomplishment considering the roster turnaround last year and this year/youth influx.