PDA

View Full Version : FL's annual pre-season prediction

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I like to do this every August, and then look back to see how wrong I was.

@KC--- I see this as a realistic shot at a win. KC isn't really much different than the team that needed all of OT to beat Buffalo. 1-0

OAK-- Another win, IMO. Oakland is terrible, offensively, and they lost their best cover corner to free agency. 2-0

NE-- Loss. The Bills continue their losing streak vs Brady and Bellicheat. 2-1

@CIN-- Win. Cincy might be the worst team in the NFL. If the Bills lose this game, it will be crisis time in Buffalo. 3-1

PHI-- Yikes. 3-2

@NYG-- The Giants are a funny team. They look unbeatable at points, and they look awful at others. I still think it's a loss. 3-3

WAS--- Win. Washington is Washington, and the Bills have had pretty decent success recently vs the Skins. 4-3

NYJ--- Tough one. I think the Bills actually win this game at home. 5-3

@DAL--- Another tough one to predict. I think Dallas will have a disappointing year, and Romo could be hurt by now. I predict a close game, but a loss. 5-4

@MIA--- Miami isn't going anywhere with their current QB situation. Losing Ronnie Brown and Ricky Wiliams hurts, especially with Ronnie not running their Wild cat. Call me crazy, but I predict another win. 6-4

@NYJ-- Loss. There's no way the Bills beat the Jets twice, let alone in NY. 6-5

TEN--- I'm calling this a win. Hasselbeck is ancient, and on the downside of his career. 7-5

@SDG--- Although the Bills have played SD very tough recently, no win here. 7-6

MIA--- Win. 8-6.

DEN--- Denver sucks. I can't, however, see Buffalo winning 9 games, so I'm marking it down as a loss. 8-7

@NE--- See week 3

Overall, I think they'll go 8-8. If they play like they did in the 2nd half of last season offensively, and Merriman can stay healthy, they will surprise a lot of people.

BillsWin
08-15-2011, 11:55 AM
I think the Bills have potential to be an 8-9 win team if they stay healthy and the younger players develop. I believe we could pull something like this off.

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I think about 12 of the games are very winnable.

psubills62
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I think this is possible, but primarily because we have a lot of very bad teams on our schedule. I'd also file this more towards the optimistic side. I'm still predicting 6 wins overall.

As I've said before, I'd like to see a couple of upset wins over teams nobody gives a chance against, even if we also lose some games to teams we should defeat. To me, that would be the sign of a young, talented team.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I think we win 8 too but disagree on how it happens. i see us losing one to miami and beating denver.

ServoBillieves
08-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Though I respect your opinion FL, you're completely wrong.

19-0, Jasper and Batten to the Pro Bowl.

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I think, at worst, they'll improve by 2 wins over last season.

trapezeus
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
i think they will struggle, but in the off chance they beat the patriots early in the season, it could mean a new outlook...but i just think the talent gap is still too gigantic tobe plausible.

Mski
08-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I dont have that much faith in the team, but if Merriman can stay healthy all year, i see him having a career day against SD, may be just enough of the difference to make that one a W

Mski
08-15-2011, 12:20 PM
i think they will struggle, but in the off chance they beat the patriots early in the season, it could mean a new outlook...but i just think the talent gap is still too gigantic tobe plausible.if they manage to win their first game against NE, my outlook for the team will change 180... and i will in all likelyhood start donating to Mr Wilsons coffers again

dannyek71
08-15-2011, 12:37 PM
We will win 4-6 games total. If I had to guess, I would say 5 at most.

Forward_Lateral
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Maybin's gone, I now predict 16-0.

The King
08-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I predicted 7-9... losing 4 divisional games.

RoscoeMagic
08-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I can see anywhere from 5 to 11. Split the difference. 8's a solid prediction as any.

Dujek
08-15-2011, 03:17 PM
I still think they win 9. Get to play a lot of **** this year.

YardRat
08-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I think the Bills have potential to be an 8-9 win team if they stay healthy and the younger players develop. I believe we could pull something like this off.

You never know what could happen when you get a bunch of young guys full of piss and vinegar that don't know any better and mix them up with a few veterans that feel they have something to prove.