• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Years upon years later

and the team is still an fin joke...where are the positivists to shed some light on my doom and gloom? Come on out where are you now? What is the one common thread in the whole mess? Ralph Wilson. Hey he's got some good old boys running the shots now at least he can sleep well at night...
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Years upon years later

Here here!!!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I know a lot of people are worn down... and it's totally understandable. But I havent given up hope on Buddy Nix... he's basically starting fresh, he's made some questionable moves thus far... but he has a plan in place be it good or bad... prior to Nix I don't even think this team has had a gameplan.

In the end we still may suck, but at least we have shiny new uniforms!
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I saw lots of positives from our 1st string O and D... I saw some bright spots with Batten, White, Williams and Sheppard too.

Butler, Donahue, Brandon and Levy's ineptness at building a real team over a decade will take much more then 2 off-seasons by Nix /Gailey to fix.

Painful yes, frustrating yes, but if we go chasing the pipe, then we will always remain mediocre at best or worse...

at least with Nix plan they are bringing in drafted players that appear to be able to play
        Last edited by ddaryl; 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by King Bedard
          I know a lot of people are worn down... and it's totally understandable. But I havent given up hope on Buddy Nix... he's basically starting fresh, he's made some questionable moves thus far... but he has a plan in place be it good or bad... prior to Nix I don't even think this team has had a gameplan.

I'm happy with Nix drafting players but he needs to turn the trading over to Whaley. He could do no worse in that area & most likely would do better because it would not take much to do so.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

You know, when they finally made all the games HD, I said "We're gonna suck, but at least we'll look damn good doing it!"

Same thing applies again because of the new unis.

As far as Nix, I'm not convinced he has a plan. If he wanted to go young, why did he keep Poz, Whitner, Kelsay, Stroud and Evans last year, and re-sign Kelsay and attempt to re-sign Poz and Whitner? And if he doesn't want to go young, why did he trade Evans and why hasn't he used some of that cap space to bring in FA's? It seems to me like he's playing it down the middle then desperately trying to adjust when it doesn't work.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Have to see how they're going to perform under a new regime.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                and the team is still an fin joke...where are the positivists to shed some light on my doom and gloom? Come on out where are you now? What is the one common thread in the whole mess? Ralph Wilson. Hey he's got some good old boys running the shots now at least he can sleep well at night...
                Wait, did I miss the Bills sucking again this season? Man, and here I thought it was just a couple days after the first pre-season game.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  I saw lots of positives from our 1st string O and D... I saw some bright spots with Batten, White, Williams and Sheppard too.

Smith, Donahue, Brandon and Levy's ineptness at building a real team over a decade will take much more then 2 off-seasons by Nix /Gailey to fix.

Painful yes, frustrating yes, but if we go chasing the pipe, then we will always remain mediocre at best or worse...

at least with Nix plan they are bringing in drafted players that appear to be able to play
                  I saw this post in 2002. And 2005. And 2007. And 2010.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

I think Bedard summed it up well. They've made some questionable moves, no denying that. But I think it will be worth watching the team this year to look for improvements.

The defensive front 7 is almost entirely revamped, I think there are maybe 3 total players from the front 7 that were here before Nix/Gailey (K. Williams, Spencer Johnson, Chris Kelsay). I believe they'll work on the offense next and if their defensive philosophy is any clue, they'll start in the trenches.

To me, the defense seems to be progressing and if things go well they could even become dominant in 2012. The offense needs some work, but I like that they're adding pure talent at the skill positions.

I'd like to see Nix moving faster (and better with some decisions). But overall I think it's a solid plan, just need the right players.

One thing I'm very concerned about is getting the right players on the OL. Thus far I haven't seen indications that they're good at scouting OL. I think Rinehart, Urbik, etc. were all decent pickups given the circumstances, but none of them are good enough to start. And of the four guys that they've picked in the draft and signed in FA to be starter (Cornell Green, Kyle Calloway, Ed Wang, Chris Hairston), two are off the team, the third is moving there fast and the last needs a ton of work. Let's hope they're better at picking OL in the first few rounds than they are in the last few or in FA. The only ray of hope on the OL was that they actually went after Clabo, not that that's any consolation at this point.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Considering five of our six picks in rounds 1-3 the last two years have been defensive selections, I think they'll look to build up the offense next year.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I'm sorry but nix could be the second coming of Lombardi and it's not going to make a difference in this organization. If he's a great coach that's wonderful and it will make for some fun upsets and glimpses of competitiveness. We can always watch our mediocre squad over achieve because they are coached and think we have a chance when we really don't. Give it up people it's an honor to play for an NFL team but everyone in the league knows Wilson is a nut job and uncommitted loser with a losing old school mentality. This team can not win while Ralph Wilson is alive that is the reality of it. So go out there and line his pockets he'll be snickering at all you dumb asses from his grave...

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

I simply can't be a fan with that kind of outlook.
                        It was all

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I simply can't be a fan with that kind of outlook.
                          Why not?

That's the reality of the situation.

Ralph Wilson does not know how to run a football team, and as long as he's the owner, the only way this team will win is if we luck into 3 perfect drafts in a row (which is all but statistically impossible).
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Billz_fan
                            • Jan 2003

I think Nix has a plan yes. However his plan is based on what Ralph will let him do. In other words if Nix had free reign to make the moves he wanted to in order to get this team back to winning asap then he would be doing much much more and yes he would be bringing in some free agent help other than low/middle tier guys.

Plain and simple any GM that comes in has to work within the frame work Ralph has set up and that is not spending any big money in any area.

Yes Ralph is the common thread that keeps this team right where it is. Losing yet making money.
                            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• The King
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Why not?

That's the reality of the situation.

Ralph Wilson does not know how to run a football team, and as long as he's the owner, the only way this team will win is if we luck into 3 perfect drafts in a row (which is all but statistically impossible).
                              Because I watch football because I enjoy it. I watch every game with the hope that we win. If in my head we've lost already then i might as well go to Macy's for the afternoon.
                              It was all

Comment

Working...
                              X