X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Maybin took a bit bite of Bills' cap THIS year

Maybin is guaranteed for 15 mil. With the release of him now, the cap hit is 9 mil this year.
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM.
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Maybin took a bit bite of Bills' cap THIS year

Brings the Bills up towards the cap limit. Ralph playing the numbers game...

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

no cap limit in 2011 kids.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
        • Sep 2008

The kids from Jersey Shore deserve their millions more than this ****head. Pathetic.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
          Not sure how many more times this needs to be said.

Cap hits don't matter this year, since there's no cap floor and we aren't even close to the cap ceiling.

Also, where'd you get the 9m figure? That doesn't seem realistic based on how the Bills normally write out their contracts. I'm pretty sure he only had around 5m total left on his contract, and that was in salaries, not necessarily guaranteed money.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Unless I've read something wrong, there is a cap ceiling this season and next, just no floor. Limit on the upper end, not on the lower.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
              Unless I've read something wrong, there is a cap ceiling this season and next, just no floor. Limit on the upper end, not on the lower.
              That's my understanding as well.
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                Right... I believe the intent was to say we were avoiding the floor not the ceiling.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

That doesn't mean it should go unnoticed in my opinion. It's just an example of how the Bills front office is gaming the system to their financial benefit. Money is worth more than wins to this franchise. I don't think they see the 2 as relationship oriented. But, I could be wrong.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                    That doesn't mean it should go unnoticed in my opinion. It's just an example of how the Bills front office is gaming the system to their financial benefit. Money is worth more than wins to this franchise. I don't think they see the 2 as relationship oriented. But, I could be wrong.
                    Nope. I agree, that's the way they run things. But, this was a smart move. Re-investing into the OL would be smart too.

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
                      • Mar 2004

Highest paid cheerleader in NFL history...
                      Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                        How is it an example of the FO gaming the system? From the sounds of it, if Maybin's cap hit was high enough they could have simply kept him on the team for a few more years to help reach the cap floor in 2013.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                          How is it an example of the FO gaming the system? From the sounds of it, if Maybin's cap hit was high enough they could have simply kept him on the team for a few more years to help reach the cap floor in 2013.
                          It's money back in there pocket that they likely won't re-invest.

Besides, 15 mill was guaranteed in 09. His salary is 757K with bonuses available if he hit the incentives which he likely never did.

Not sure where this 9 mill number is coming from.

"8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed, including a $7.087 million signing bonus. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million (Voidable Year), 2015: Free Agent"

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 08-15-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Also, where'd you get the 9m figure? That doesn't seem realistic based on how the Bills normally write out their contracts.
                            Not that they are completely trustworthy but they were discussing it on WGR last week and somebody tossed out an $8M figure (might have been Jerry Sullivan).

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

My response was of a general viewpoint to the no cap limit in 2011 post, and had nothing to do with the Maybin release. Proper comprehension within my post is a requirement for understanding the statement behind it. It was nothing more than my opinion of the no cap limit in 2011 rule, and how the Bills are using that to their benefit which should not go unnoticed.
                              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 08-15-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X