PDA

View Full Version : levitre running with 2s

NOT THE DUDE...
08-16-2011, 02:51 PM
rinehart is starting now. hmmm, he is more physical. dude is a monster...

trapezeus
08-16-2011, 02:55 PM
this can't possibly be a long term decision. if it is, please fork into the "when did you lose your optimism" thread.

CAbills
08-16-2011, 02:56 PM
are your sure you dont mean for Ubrik? if its levitre with the 2s im depressed

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Look at the thread starter before anybody reacts..........

tampabay25690
08-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Look at the thread starter before anybody reacts..........

HA HA HA

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Levitre or Urbik???

I NEED ANSWERS NOW!!~!!

CAbills
08-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Change on the O-line
Posted by Chris Brown on August 16, 2011 – 2:45 pm

"The Bills offensive line had a change made to it Tuesday afternoon.

Second string left guard Chad Rinehart was bumped up to the first unit replacing Andy Levitre, who is now with the second unit.

We’ll get more answers on this change after practice. "

Dr. Lecter
08-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Let's hope this is a one day thing.

Why replace somebody not name Urbik or Pears?

homeslice5484
08-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Brown deleted the post

CAbills
08-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Joe_B from WGR just posted same thing from camp

wmoz11
08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Has to be to send a message. I don't have the coaches tape, obviously, but I haven't noticed much of a problem from that left side. Maybe he has been missing assignments?

k-oneputt
08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Gailey holding players accountable. Good, it's about time. Don't get the job done you get demoted. I'm sure it won't last but it sends a message to the whole team.

methos4ever
08-16-2011, 03:18 PM
On twitter it was updated by Ludwiak? that he's running with the 1s at RG, not LG.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15445863

Now Mckissic is saying he's at LG...

Okay, I'm out. I'll wait for Chan.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Let's hope this is a one day thing.

Why replace somebody not name Urbik or Pears?

are you paying attention? urbik had 2 pancakes sat. he did fine except for that one move my melton and that was it. levitre looked bad from what i saw... isnt rinehart more physical, in more of the dielman mode from the chargers.

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Has to be to send a message. I don't have the coaches tape, obviously, but I haven't noticed much of a problem from that left side. Maybe he has been missing assignments?
What is the message being sent to Urbik who was GOD AWFUL?

EDS
08-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Levitre was a Dick Jauron pick . . .

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
Levitre was a Dick Jauron pick . . .
CUT HIM AND WOOD I GUESS. both Jauron picks.

wmoz11
08-16-2011, 03:35 PM
What is the message being sent to Urbik who was GOD AWFUL?

I think a message sent to a 2nd round pick that seemingly has a starting spot locked down is more effective than sending a message to waiver pick-up who could be replaced any minute. In this way, anyway. It's public.

Maybe Gailey is sensing some entitlement coming from Levitre. Couple that with some missed assignments (if there were any) and a message could do some good.

Ed
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe we're overrating Levitre and Rinehart is just playing better?

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
rinehart is starting now. hmmm, he is more physical. dude is a monster... Gailey is experimenting possibly to see if Rinehart can step up should Livitre go down to injury. He must have seen something on tape during the Bears game, and now wants to see how Rinehart would fare vs Denver's first team defense. This is a guess.

Another possibility is a shake up of our Oline. This could be a Gailey version of shock treatment for that Oline. He wasn't happy with their performance during the Bears game. What better way to send a message to the rest of your Oline than to send a guy that appeared to be unmovable on the first team, to second string? This may have 2 effects if the case. 1, it shows no one's job on that Oline is safe. 2, it shows the guys on the 2nd and 3rd teams that if they work hard, there is a chance at being promoted to the 1's. These are also guesses.

This is a puzzling move though, it would seem there is something else behind it other than Levitre just not living up to his billing as a starter. JMO

EDS
08-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Gailey is experimenting possibly to see if Rinehart can step up should Livitre go down to injury. He must have seen something on tape during the Bears game, and now wants to see how Rinehart would fare vs Denver's first team defense. This is a guess.

Another possibility is a shake up of our Oline. This could be a Gailey version of shock treatment for that Oline. He wasn't happy with their performance during the Bears game. What better way to send a message to the rest of your Oline than to send a guy that appeared to be unmovable on the first team, to second string? This may have 2 effects if the case. 1, it shows no one's job on that Oline is safe. 2, it shows the guys on the 2nd and 3rd teams that if they work hard, there is a chance at being promoted to the 1's. These are also guesses.

This is a puzzling move though, it would seem there is something else behind it other than Levitre just not living up to his billing as a starter. JMO

Rinehart will probably be cut next week.

DraftBoy
08-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I repeat...I LOVE THIS TEAM!

BillsOverDolphins
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
wtf?

NOT THE DUDE...
08-16-2011, 03:59 PM
nix and gailey want more physical bigger players! i remember watching rinehart last year and he was getting serious push. levitre gets bulls rushed way to much, hes a finesse player...

trapezeus
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
i've never heard of a finesse lineman before.

better days
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Gailey is experimenting possibly to see if Rinehart can step up should Livitre go down to injury. He must have seen something on tape during the Bears game, and now wants to see how Rinehart would fare vs Denver's first team defense. This is a guess.

Maybe Chan is thinking if Rienhart can handle LG he could move Levtrie to RG.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM

randy cross, john fina, richmond webb etc:awm:

BillsOverDolphins
08-16-2011, 05:23 PM

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/216/slideshow_21626/display_image.jpg?x=627657

RoscoeMagic
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
nix and gailey want more physical bigger players! i remember watching rinehart last year and he was getting serious push. levitre gets bulls rushed way to much, hes a finesse player...

If we want big mean physical players then why did Buddy draft Wang, Hairston, bring in Howard, Wrotto, Pears. These guys are softies who don't play with the mean streak Levitre does.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Maybe Chan is thinking if Rienhart can handle LG he could move Levtrie to RG. That could be a possibility. Good thinking. JMO

mayotm
08-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Levitre will be starting come week 1. It's probably best to hear what Chan has to say after practice versus speculating.

Buddo
08-16-2011, 06:08 PM
TBH, I would guess it's as much about evaluating Rinehart, as anything else. The 2nd string onwards, is rubbish as a unit, but within a better unit, some of them may be viable players.
I think there's talent amongst the 2nd string, but they generally are, atm, either woefully inexperienced, or coming off injuries, or both, especially at OT.
Of course, some of the other reasons people have given, may also be valid. Iirc, I think I read somewhere that Kyle Williams gave Levitre a good going over at Monday's practise, so maybe that is having an effect.
I can't say I recall Rinehart from Saturday's game tbh, but I'd say that is a good thing, as I certainly saw Urbik, Wrotto and Howard look inept at times.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Is this team trying to lose?

If there is anything to this, I am rooting against us every single game, and hoping that we move to ANYWHERE, so we will all be spared this continuing idiocy.

Extremebillsfan247
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Levitre will be starting come week 1. It's probably best to hear what Chan has to say after practice versus speculating. Your most likely right, but he could end up moving over to starting RG while Rinehart plays on the left side. Gailey thinks Rinehart has earned a look with the 1's. Gailey could be trying to find out which one of these 2 is a better fit there before moving one to the RG(Right Guard) position. They may both be starting by the end of preseason.

methos4ever
08-16-2011, 06:32 PM
It's one practice folks, let's not get the tar and feathers (or nooses) out yet...

Mahdi
08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Colts are a good example of a finesse OL

The last buffalo fan
08-16-2011, 06:59 PM

http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123037/2111855/2123836/050809_sn_Balletboys_ex.jpg

Philagape
08-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Asked if he's unhappy with Levitre's play, Gailey said: "No. Chad's just earned a shot."

-- AP

mikemac2001
08-16-2011, 07:31 PM
play hard get a shot....whats wrong with that

like it

Romes
08-16-2011, 09:20 PM
Is this team trying to lose?

If there is anything to this, I am rooting against us every single game, and hoping that we move to ANYWHERE, so we will all be spared this continuing idiocy.

One could make a pretty good case this team is trying to go for Luck.

wmoz11
08-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Okay, he earned a shot. Make that shot at RG, for ****'s sake.

YardRat
08-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I heard Levitre was back with the ones today.

kishoph
08-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I heard Levitre was back with the ones today.

That's what WGR reported for this morning's walk throughs.

Extremebillsfan247
08-17-2011, 06:14 PM
I heard Levitre was back with the ones today.He was. Levitre wasn't demoted, nor was he replaced. Rinehart has done enough for Gailey to want to see him compete with Levitre for that position. Now the battle for the LG position begins. It wont last long though I imagine. I think it goes as far as next Monday and Gailey will crown a starting LG between the 2. The loser probably will end up moving over to RG. JMO

Michael82
08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Levitre is taking starting reps at LG and some backup reps at C.

methos4ever
08-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Levitre is taking starting reps at LG and some backup reps at C.

Some of the draft mags at the time of his drafting said that may be his best position. Perhaps if Rinehart pans out, they move him to center and Wood back to guard (the harder position with single blocks as we've now illustrated) and boom, four out of five positions are competitive and NFL quality.

Michael82
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Some of the draft mags at the time of his drafting said that may be his best position. Perhaps if Rinehart pans out, they move him to center and Wood back to guard (the harder position with single blocks as we've now illustrated) and boom, four out of five positions are competitive and NFL quality.

No way in hell. Wood is back at Center where he belongs. If anything, I consider moving Levitre to RG. But Wood has C locked up!

mysticsoto
08-18-2011, 09:56 AM
No way in hell. Wood is back at Center where he belongs. If anything, I consider moving Levitre to RG. But Wood has C locked up!
Agreed. Wood has C locked up. They just give reps out to others every once in awhile just in case.

I think the whole Levitre/Rhinehart switch had to do with Gaileys' dissatisfaction on Levitre's run blocking more than anything. Overall, Levitre is still the better Guard, but he needs to get stronger!!! I said this last year, and he still hasn't done anything about that. He needs to hang out w/Troup and Carrington.

psubills62
08-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I find it strange that Levitre is taking snaps at C. I can't imagine that says good things about Hangartner's standing with the coaches.

madness
08-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Gailey stated shuffling guys around is actually part of the season's contingency plan. Don't panic, we just aren't use to a HC who actually thinks ahead by getting other players ready in case we lose a couple to injury.