X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

TD Celebrations, Yes or No ?

This morning STEVIE JOHNSON did an interview on WGR, during it he talked some about TD celebrations. I'm curious to know what are some of the opinions on these celebrations, should they be banned, should they be allowed, etc, etc. Also what are some ideas of TD celebrations that you would like to see from SJ.

Here is the link to the interview.
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: TD Celebrations, Yes or No ?

He should hop into the front row of handicaps, take someone's cane and pretend to be blind.

Stevie "Wonder" Johnson
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

It's one thing if you're in control of a game to have a little fun, but I hate it when someone celebrates when we're losing. Spike the ball and get back to work.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

I say as long as your not doing anything to disrespect the other team (taunting) or it's fans it should be allowed, also no foreign objects allowed (pens, cell phones, etc.).

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I don't really dislike celebrations, but I much prefer guys who simply hand the ball to the official.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I think they should be allowed as long as there's no taunting, but personally I don't like them. If someone wants to celebrate and act like a douche, there shouldn't be a rule against it.

It comes back to what Marv Levy told Thurman Thomas after an elaborate touchdown celebration: "Next time you get in the end zone, act like you've been there before."
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

TD celebrations are great, the guys worked his whole life to get to that endzone in the NFL, why take away his fun? Is he causing death, mass murder, or financial hell? No? Then let him pretend to ride the pony, he'll be on sportscenter
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

They get more juvenile each year.

Doesn't bother me but basically...it's played.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• bf1
                  • Oct 2010

I hate that the NFL takes emotion out of the game. Celebrating isn't my thing personally, and I don't like my team doing it too much. But when it's done against my team it makes me root that much harder to make the other team/player eat it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I am not against it but IMO players should not act like they just won the sb which is the only time really to celebrate anything.

The pats as a whole don't go crazy over anything because the goal is to win the sb. The get a win, move on to the next game.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Im all for them. Let the players show some emotion.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

If they are done with a little taste and kept short I don't mind them

But I really respect a player who goes about his business and doesn't feel the need to do some quirky dance that lasts a 1/2 minute or more

The player that just flips the ball back to the official and takes a hug or a high five from his players is the player I respect the most

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Even back in my less grumpy, optimistic days, I didn't like TD celebrations. Just hand the ball to the official and get off the field.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BloFan4Life
                            • Dec 2009

They need them in the game. Half the fun of a football game is watching what happens when a player gets into the endzone. That whole TO star thing that went back and forth was awesome. It brought real emotion into the game.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              If they are done with a little taste and kept short I don't mind them

But I really respect a player who goes about his business and doesn't feel the need to do some quirky dance that lasts a 1/2 minute or more

The player that just flips the ball back to the official and takes a hug or a high five from his players is the player I respect the most
                              high five and move on. Your JOB is not done until you win the sb.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X