PDA

View Full Version : Merriman's Light's Out Move - Played Out?

Blogabills
08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I loved seeing Merriman back in action, but really wished he would stop doing that light's out dance he started back in San Diego. Reminds me of his juicing days. Is anyone else sick of it?

tatersalad
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I'd love to see it every Sunday twice

Crisis
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
I'm sure I'd think it was stupid if he was on another team, but as long as he's getting the chance to do it, I really couldn't care less.

The King
08-17-2011, 03:47 PM
It's no different than Takeos ninja kick.

malvado78
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Can't be played out. Prior to last weekend he hadn't been able to do it in 2 years...

Mad Bomber
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I loved seeing Merriman back in action, but really wished he would stop doing that light's out dance he started back in San Diego. Reminds me of his juicing days. Is anyone else sick of it?
Are you kidding? The more times I see that this year, the happier I'll be.

mysticsoto
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
If he's getting the sacks...he can do whatever he god damn pleases!!!

Extremebillsfan247
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I loved seeing Merriman back in action, but really wished he would stop doing that light's out dance he started back in San Diego. Reminds me of his juicing days. Is anyone else sick of it?If Merriman did it playing like Aaron Maybin, I'd be appalled by it. But if Merriman is balling out, terrorizing opposing QBs, and getting sacks then I have no problem with it. JMO

better days
08-17-2011, 04:16 PM
If Merriman did it playing like Aaron Maybin, I'd be appalled by it. But if Merriman is balling out, terrorizing opposing QBs, and getting sacks then I have no problem with it. JMO

Well, Merriman only does his lights out dance when he puts a player on the ground, so anytime he does it, that will be a great thing to see as a Bills fan.

Bangarang
08-17-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm all for Merriman dancing. Espcially if it's after destroying Brady or Sanchez.

trapezeus
08-17-2011, 04:35 PM
if he was doing it all the time even after tackles made 12 yards down field, it would be played out. but he doesn't do that, plus watching him do it in chicago was positively uplifting.

sdbillsfan2
08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
why should he stop ? Hell, I'll be dancing when the "d" get sacks ?

YardRat
08-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I could watch it all season long, and hope to.

ServoBillieves
08-17-2011, 05:25 PM
When did Mitchell55 get a new account?

Blogabills
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
yikes the people have spoken!

trust me nothing would make me happier than Merriman being in a position to do the dance. i just am not a big fan of it specifically.

but i cede to the clear majority. (and, frankly, anything to make the Bills fun again isn't a bad thing).

BillsFanCupp38
08-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Love the lights out dance. Brings enthusiasm and energy to our leader lacking defense!

BLeonard
08-17-2011, 06:28 PM
I just hope that he doesn't tear his achilles or something while doing it.

Unlike most of the Bills' celebrating I've seen in recent years, when Merriman does it, it'll be because he actually DID something.

-Bill

BillsOverDolphins
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't care if he whips his dong out and smacks a Jill in the face with it while celebrating...if he's getting sacks then I'm all smiles.

Michael82
08-17-2011, 06:41 PM
I can't wait to see him do Lights Out after slamming Tom Brady into the turf and right in front of him.

Blogabills
08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
I just hope that he doesn't tear his achilles or something while doing it.

Unlike most of the Bills' celebrating I've seen in recent years, when Merriman does it, it'll be because he actually DID something.

-Bill

Nate Clements Nate Clements Nate Clements

Mike13
08-17-2011, 08:05 PM

Or that circle punch thing Jason Taylor does.

elltrain22
08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, all you that said it is played out, we'll see how ya feel when he puts Tom Brady on his ***

sam5767
08-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, all you that said it is played out, we'll see how ya feel when he puts Tom Brady on his ***

Merriman is exactly what we need....attitude on defense. I have no problem with him doing that after each sack....it fires up the crowd...it fires up his teammates....and just picture the highlight shows, all showing a Buffalo Bill...celebrating something good....hell yeah !!!

jcdavey
08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
i wish football fans were smarter and realized that he actually never juiced during a season

he had one positive test on august 2nd 2006 and all of his other tests , and roger goodell backs me up on this, were negative

jcdavey
08-17-2011, 08:37 PM
exactly, sack guys have celebration moves

jared allen swings a bat or whatever , these guys have had their moves for decades , it's great fun

BertSquirtgum
08-17-2011, 10:33 PM

are you blind? he is still juicing.

BertSquirtgum
08-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I can't wait to see him do Lights Out after slamming Tom Brady into the turf and right in front of him.

while he's doing the dance, brady will be on his knees trying to suck off a ref to get a penalty.

Blogabills
08-18-2011, 09:40 AM
i wish football fans were smarter and realized that he actually never juiced during a season

he had one positive test on august 2nd 2006 and all of his other tests , and roger goodell backs me up on this, were negative

I get your point, but I'm a pretty bright guy, so I don't know that this is because "we" aren't "smart."

The fact of the matter is he broke an NFL rule regarding steroids and got suspended 4 games for it. So clearly the NFL believed he was using steroids to enhance his performance. (Why else would he have used them considering the side-effects?)

So I feel pretty good saying he had "juicing days." The NFL did and they brought the hammer down on him, and also instituted that whole "you can't go to the pro bowl in the same year you got nailed for roids" rule.