PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket available on PS3

wmoz11
08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Wow, huge news, IMO.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-coming-to-playstation-3.aspx

This wildly successful subscription package allows hardcore football fans to watch every single NFL game of the season. The games are broadcast in full HD, and you also get access to the popular Red Zone Channel, which shows cuts from game to game to give you live looks at crucial moments in each match-up. The biggest draw is that the Ticket allows you to see games that take place outside of your regional broadcast area, a boon for fans living in cities away from their home teams and fantasy football players who want to keep tabs on their rosters.

jmb1099
08-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow, huge news, IMO.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/17/nfl-sunday-ticket-coming-to-playstation-3.aspx
That is huge news!

BLeonard
08-17-2011, 04:58 PM
Damn... I have a PS3 with an HD connection to my brand new 46 inch HDTV already set up...

$340 though? Usually, with DirecTV, you can talk them down some... Doubt that'll be the case with PS3.

But, it is tempting as hell and a very good move for PlayStation to make... It gives them something XBox 360 doesn't have... At least that I know of...

-Bill

The Spaz
08-17-2011, 05:11 PM
$340? Have fun with that wow...wtf.

SquishDaFish
08-17-2011, 05:13 PM
LOL I pay less with Direct TV and get it on every Tv with HDDvRs lol

JJamezz
08-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Wow, I'm REALLY surprised there wasn't something in their deal with Directv to prevent this.. I was certain there was.. Why else would DTV pay the exorbitant price that the NFL charges them, with no exclusivity?

I'm really hoping the NFL makes live games available online at some point, like they're doing with the preseason this year.. I bought it mostly because I was curious about the quality (when run through my tv), and I have to say it's impressive. I'm so damn tempted to go the Game Rewind route for $40 a year and save some cash, but I just don't think I can wait until late Sunday or Monday to watch, let alone keep myself from knowing the outcome..

jmb1099
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Wow, I'm REALLY surprised there wasn't something in their deal with Directv to prevent this.. I was certain there was.. Why else would DTV pay the exorbitant price that the NFL charges them, with no exclusivity?

I'm really hoping the NFL makes live games available online at some point, like they're doing with the preseason this year.. I bought it mostly because I was curious about the quality (when run through my tv), and I have to say it's impressive. I'm so damn tempted to go the Game Rewind route for $40 a year and save some cash, but I just don't think I can wait until late Sunday or Monday to watch, let alone keep myself from knowing the outcome..
Looks like it's directv providing the service.