• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

BBD: Pryor is in Supplemental Draft

The news is in the quote, the opinion is in the link.

Today the NFL officially declared QB Terrelle Pryor eligible for its rescheduled NFL Supplemental Draft. However that eligibility comes at the price of having to miss the first 5 games of the regular season to include all practices. Pryor will still be able to attend team and position meetings however.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: BBD: Pryor is in Supplemental Draft

Suspension good for PR and nothing else. Like he was going to play during the first five (or 16) games anyway.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
      Suspension good for PR and nothing else. Like he was going to play during the first five (or 16) games anyway.
      Missed reps is the first issue (and its a massive one) and what is he being suspended for? What NFL rule did he break?
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Missed reps is the first issue (and its a massive one) and what is he being suspended for? What NFL rule did he break?
        Being a big douche?

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
          Being a big douche?
          Well while I wont deny he's guilty of that, if that was a suspendable offense there would be no NFL season.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I would say "common sense" but that's obviously not an NFL rule. And I'm not sure why you're asking me...I never said I agreed or disagreed with it. I don't think it will end up mattering anyway - kid's got bust written all over him.

He's already missed plenty of reps in TC, this was practically going to be a lost year anyway.

Just thinking out loud here, but I know there's a requirement that a player be 3 years out of HS before entering the NFL - does that requirement say anything about maintaining amateur status? I'm assuming not, or else someone would have brought it up by now.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jamze132
              • Jun 2003

I would spend 6th. Gailey might be able to get something out of him.

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Well while I wont deny he's guilty of that, if that was a suspendable offense there would be no NFL season.
                He obviously didn't break any NFL rule, so I think it's just a power play by the league to demonstrate their authority. I think it's just a message to say that you may be able to avoid punishment and discipline in college, but the NFL has it's own rules and can do what it wants, so they're putting Pryor on notice to fall in line quickly.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

because the only reason the NCAA allowed him to play in the bowl game was because he promised he would return to OSU next year and serve his suspension. I suspect the NFL is suspending him the 5 games he was supposed to sit for the NCAA
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    because the only reason the NCAA allowed him to play in the bowl game was because he promised he would return to OSU next year and serve his suspension. I suspect the NFL is suspending him the 5 games he was supposed to sit for the NCAA
                    That has nothing at all to do with the NFL. I think its a joke if it is for anything to do with while he was in college. Did Reggie Bush get suspended? Will Cam Newton get suspended if the ncaa finds something? What about all these Miami players?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Can you break down how the supplemental draft works for us that don't know, Draftboy? If they draft him in the 1st round, do they lose a 1st round pick next year?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        Incorrect, the only reason Ohio State allowed him to play. The NCAA has made no ruling on a punishment at that time.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                          He obviously didn't break any NFL rule, so I think it's just a power play by the league to demonstrate their authority. I think it's just a message to say that you may be able to avoid punishment and discipline in college, but the NFL has it's own rules and can do what it wants, so they're putting Pryor on notice to fall in line quickly.
                          But not the others who committed actual crimes or has the offenses plus academic fraud?

Im calling out the double standard not neccesairly the suspension.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            Can you break down how the supplemental draft works for us that don't know, Draftboy? If they draft him in the 1st round, do they lose a 1st round pick next year?
                            There are 6 eligible players in this years draft.

On Monday each GM (who so chooses) will email the league with a bid for any of all of the players.
                            -You may bid only one pick per player and highest bid wins his right.

-In case of a tie breaker I believe they resort back to the previous April's draft list and select the lower (or worse) team.

-If your bid is selected you then forfeit you pick for the next April's draft and get the rights to the player.

The Bills have 9 picks in the coming draft;
                            1st
                            2nd
                            3rd
                            4th-2
                            5th
                            6th-2
                            7th
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

But not the others who committed actual crimes or has the offenses plus academic fraud?

Im calling out the double standard not neccesairly the suspension.
                              I don't know, maybe this is kind of a first step for the NFL in a new approach in how they deal with these kind of situations. Maybe they realize that what's going on in college is also giving the NFL a bad image.

Comment

Working...
                              X