X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Not all steroids are created equal...

Seems like the stigma these days paints all PED's as illegal. Yes there are plenty of illegal PED's out there. However there are plenty of products out there which can be considered PED's yet are perfectly legal to sell. Check out this website: http://www.primordialperformance.com...andromass.html

At the bottom of that product page you will see that this product would show up in a drug test. Yet this site can sell this online and ship in North America.

Now tell me that if you saw something like that in Merriman's vehicle you wouldn't check into it because of it's name to see if it is illegal. He could have easily had something like that product on him and when they investigated it came up as legal. Still though, that could be something that would show up in a NFL drug test.
    BERNIAC!
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Not all steroids are created equal...

Or maybe Pat Moran is still full of ****, and made another "mistake" just like his last 25 "mistakes"
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    also cheese

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Stewie
      Or maybe Pat Moran is still full of ****, and made another "mistake" just like his last 25 "mistakes"
      Well that is always a possibility!
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Not many replies...

Puts a little damper on the Pat Moran defamation parade I suppose. Not saying his report is true or founded but what he says about steroid possession not being illegal has SOME truth to it.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• malvado78
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by hydro
          Not many replies...

Puts a little damper on the Pat Moran defamation parade I suppose. Not saying his report is true or founded but what he says about steroid possession not being illegal has SOME truth to it.
          I agree that there is a Pat Moran defamation parade going on but speculation what Pat think Merriman got stopped for is no more productive that Pat releasing his story with no solid facts or details.

Unfortunately the current situation will be resolved 1 of 3 ways...

1. There is nothing to it. So little the NFL doesn't even really look into it. They just test Merriman. He is clean. Pat looks like an idiot blogger hack. And the story is slowly forgotten.

2. The NFL tests Merriman. He tests positive. Uh oh. maybe there was something to it. But there is not reason to look further because there is physical evidence of steroid use and Merriman is suspended for 1 yr. Pat gains some credibility back BUT his piece he wrote still has no real substantiation and still is a piece of hack writing that he needs to learn from and put some FACTS into his stories that can be verified from more than one source.

3. NFL investigates. Verifies Pat's story. Test Meriman and and whether or not he tests positive it is likely Merriman still gets suspended. Pat gains credibility.

So far everything is pointing towards Case 1.

Only time will tell if anything becomes of this. But as Coach Sal stated in teh other thread the fact the Pat has not come out with further substantiation after Merriman refuted his story means that it is unlikely this is going any further.

So it does suck to see all the defamation of Pat. Hope he does alright through this. I know he brought it on himself and I think that what is did was wrong/stupid way of doing things. But I wish no ill to come of anyone. Nor do I wish anyone's career life to be ruined.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Totally agree Malvado, we don't know until more comes out. Doubt Pat is going to provide anymore to help his case though which is all on him.
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

I use a prescription steroid nasal spray every single day. In my case, it's used to treat allergies and prevent the development of nasal polyps, which I am prone to develop. It's also non-systemic, which means it doesn't enter my bloodstream, can't enhance athletic performance, or carry the risk of liver damage etc. that are typically associated with steroids.
              Last edited by TigerJ; 08-19-2011, 10:24 PM.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Ha! That would be hilarious if it was a bottle of Singulair he had a prescription for.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Every party has a pooper and today that pooper is you.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Seems like the stigma these days paints all PED's as illegal. Yes there are plenty of illegal PED's out there. However there are plenty of products out there which can be considered PED's yet are perfectly legal to sell. Check out this website: http://www.primordialperformance.com...andromass.html

At the bottom of that product page you will see that this product would show up in a drug test. Yet this site can sell this online and ship in North America.

Now tell me that if you saw something like that in Merriman's vehicle you wouldn't check into it because of it's name to see if it is illegal. He could have easily had something like that product on him and when they investigated it came up as legal. Still though, that could be something that would show up in a NFL drug test.
                    Just because something shows up on a NFL test does not mean it is banned by the NFL either. They have a long list of PED's that are allowed.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by better days
                      Just because something shows up on a NFL test does not mean it is banned by the NFL either. They have a long list of PED's that are allowed.
                      Yeah I hear you for the third time. But I am talking about the fact you need to take into account that he might have had a LEGAL steroid on him that may be detectable in a NFL drug test which ISN'T allowed by the NFL. NOT saying that is the case, just that it is a possibility. I am enlightening you people.
                      Last edited by hydro; 08-19-2011, 12:43 PM.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Yeah I hear you for the third time. But I am talking about the fact you need to take into account that he might have had a LEGAL steroid on him that may be detectable in a NFL drug test which ISN'T allowed by the NFL. NOT saying that is the case, just that it is a possibility. I am enlightening you people.
                        Yeah well I only said it for the 3rd time in response to your posts. The point is Merriman has denied that anything was found that was confiscated. There should be no story.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by malvado78
                          I agree that there is a Pat Moran defamation parade going on but speculation what Pat think Merriman got stopped for is no more productive that Pat releasing his story with no solid facts or details.

Unfortunately the current situation will be resolved 1 of 3 ways...

1. There is nothing to it. So little the NFL doesn't even really look into it. They just test Merriman. He is clean. Pat looks like an idiot blogger hack. And the story is slowly forgotten.

2. The NFL tests Merriman. He tests positive. Uh oh. maybe there was something to it. But there is not reason to look further because there is physical evidence of steroid use and Merriman is suspended for 1 yr. Pat gains some credibility back BUT his piece he wrote still has no real substantiation and still is a piece of hack writing that he needs to learn from and put some FACTS into his stories that can be verified from more than one source.

3. NFL investigates. Verifies Pat's story. Test Meriman and and whether or not he tests positive it is likely Merriman still gets suspended. Pat gains credibility.

So far everything is pointing towards Case 1.

Only time will tell if anything becomes of this. But as Coach Sal stated in teh other thread the fact the Pat has not come out with further substantiation after Merriman refuted his story means that it is unlikely this is going any further.

So it does suck to see all the defamation of Pat. Hope he does alright through this. I know he brought it on himself and I think that what is did was wrong/stupid way of doing things. But I wish no ill to come of anyone. Nor do I wish anyone's career life to be ruined.
                          In my opinion what sucks is the defamation of Merriman & the entire Bills organization by Pat Moran. Moran had no qualms about ruining Merrimans career or life to make a name for himself.

Unless Moran has incontrovertible proof that Merriman broke the law or even the NFL rules, his career & life should be ruined IMO because he brought it on himself while trying to hurt another person for his own gain.

Comment

• hydro
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            In my opinion what sucks is the defamation of Merriman & the entire Bills organization by Pat Moran. Moran had no qualms about ruining Merrimans career or life to make a name for himself.

Unless Moran has incontrovertible proof that Merriman broke the law or even the NFL rules, his career & life should be ruined IMO because he brought it on himself while trying to hurt another person for his own gain.
                            Can't argue with this. I am throwing out a possibility of what could have happened. But in the end, Pat posted something without enough knowledge to substantiate it. He is taking heat for it and rightfully so. Like CoachSal said when you have big news you need to have all your ducks in row.
                            BERNIAC!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

**** this thread. i want the whole defense to take steroids and crush every team they play against.

Comment

Working...
                              X