X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hemi13
    • Jan 2004

Should Buffalo take Pryor?

I been watching alot of footage of this guy, and he's got some talent, but the Question is. Should the Bills take this guy in the supplemental draft?
    Bills Backers of Tucson
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Should Buffalo take Pryor?

i wouldn't. i didn't think he was that great of a QB at Ohio State.

i also think the bills could be in the running for a QB early. so why waste a pick on a project when we have that in brad smith, thigpen, and nesbit and maybe even to some degree in Fitz?

Let's show some resolve to what we have. Evaluate this offense this year and hope the defensive draft was gotten right. If it blows up like most of us think it will, the bills will be picking early with a top selection at a QB and maybe even a stud OL.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

For a seventh round flyer I wouldn't be upset

I would assume he could be used in the Wildcat formations.

Imagine if he was at QB and Smith lined up at WR and the possible miss matches that could create? Something to think about at least.

I don't have hope of him being our future full time QB however.

Comment

• hemi13
        • Jan 2004

Okay, this is only my thinking. We won't be getting the first pick in next years draft. Which means Luck is going to someone like Miami. If we took Pryor in the 4th round and lost that extra 4th round pick we got for the Evans trade, it's not that big a risk. Gailey is a very good QB coach, so these two might fit together well.
        Bills Backers of Tucson

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I'd give up as high as one of next year's 4ths for him.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by hemi13
            Okay, this is only my thinking. We won't be getting the first pick in next years draft. Which means Luck is going to someone like Miami. If we took Pryor in the 4th round and lost that extra 4th round pick we got for the Evans trade, it's not that big a risk. Gailey is a very good QB coach, so these two might fit together well.
            I don't think Miami is very good, but I would be very surprised if they ended up with the first pick in next year's draft. Top 10, I could see.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

You are watching the wrong footage then friend.

Comment

• Blogabills
                • Aug 2011

Not a chance for me. Michigan fan here. Saw Pryor play plenty of times. Nobody is sold on him as a solid NFL QB due to accuracy issues. He's athletic as all get-out, no doubt. But he makes the worst decisions at the worst times and is not at all accurate.

Pass.
                In-depth stats-based blog about the Bills and the NFL at Blog-a-Bills or follow us on Twitter @blogabills...

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

I'm no scout, but I seen Pryor's NFL comparison being Travaris Jackson, and I think that seems about right to me. Good size, really athletic, live arm, but very raw as a pro-style passer. He is a QB, so the position switch isn't realistic. May be able to contribute right away as a Wildcat-type guy, but a project.

What kind of pick to you give up for that? Late round? Makes less sense for the Bills after signing Brad Smith.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

As a 7th round flyer, sure bid it up. He showed some (albeit limited) development at Ohio State. The issue with Pryor has been his consistency.

You'll see his Sugar Bowl and say ok the guy is finally getting it, then you watch him v. Iowa last year and you say ok nevermind.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                        I'm no scout, but I seen Pryor's NFL comparison being Travaris Jackson, and I think that seems about right to me. Good size, really athletic, live arm, but very raw as a pro-style passer. He is a QB, so the position switch isn't realistic. May be able to contribute right away as a Wildcat-type guy, but a project.

What kind of pick to you give up for that? Late round? Makes less sense for the Bills after signing Brad Smith.

Pryor is a Gailey style player and as you mentioned above has been compared to TJackson. The Bills were very interested in obtaining Jackson in the offseason.

I don't mind the gamble but what concerns me most is reaching with a high round pick.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

It's not a stone cold lock he gets picked at all but I'd honestly be surprised if he goes before the 6th. This guy needs a TON of work on his mechanics and there was no indication he's up for that based on his days st OSU. He's used to getting the star treatment. If he was humble with a huge work ethic I'd feel better about taking a shot. 7th round? I guess so why not?

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                            Will not tolerate vandalism.
                            • Apr 2006

No. This team is already very deep with quarterbacks (Fitz, Smith, Thigpen, Nesbitt, Brown), and I don't see Pryor coming in and being an improvement over any of them except maybe Brown.

Comment

• malvado78
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                              No. This team is already very deep with quarterbacks (Fitz, Smith, Thigpen, Nesbitt, Brown), and I don't see Pryor coming in and being an improvement over any of them except maybe Brown.
                              The word I would use for that list is pathetic not deep...

Comment

Working...
                              X