PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Heard

jdbillsfan
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Any info on this guy?

Was voted by Chris Brown as the most surprising player in camp. 6'6 350lbs.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-2011-Training-Camp-awards/964adfb0-d903-4b80-b171-3a44f4233818

Looks like he has a chance at making the team.

CAbills
08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Looked pretty darn good in the first game, consistently getting a big push.

kishoph
08-19-2011, 09:52 PM
He didn't look bad the 1st preseason game.

TigerJ
08-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I'll tell you what I remember. The Bills claimed him from the Oakland PS late last season. It was said at the time that he was big and athletic, but raw. It was also said, if I remember correctly, that he had a bit of a mean streak. I read somewhere recently that his college career, like Jasper's involved moving from one side of the LOS to the other. I think he played a couple years at DT and one at OT, or something like that. I can'tt recall if like Jasper he also transferred. I believe he ended up at Memphis in any case.

Night Train
08-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Suddenly, the Bills are massive on the DL.

350 lb. Heard, 390lb. Jasper, 320lb. Dareus, 328lb. Troup.

All are getting push and are not being moved out in the running game. This allows Kyle Williams to slice through and make plays. It also allows outside speed rushers like Merriman and youngsters like Carrington,Batten to make plays.

Front 7 improvement is encouraging. Let's see if it transfers to the regular season.

TigerJ
08-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I disagree with you on only one small point, Night Train. Dareus reported to camp at 343lbs, so he and the line are even more massive than you thought. But they also seem to be athletic.

psubills62
08-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Suddenly, the Bills are massive on the DL.

350 lb. Heard, 390lb. Jasper, 320lb. Dareus, 328lb. Troup.

All are getting push and are not being moved out in the running game. This allows Kyle Williams to slice through and make plays. It also allows outside speed rushers like Merriman and youngsters like Carrington,Batten to make plays.

Front 7 improvement is encouraging. Let's see if it transfers to the regular season.
Only two of those guys should see time, but I agree with what you're saying. Didn't Nix say before that they were looking to get bigger in the front 7?

mysticsoto
08-20-2011, 11:18 PM
He played well the 1st preseason game, but I wasn't very impressed with him against the Broncos. He did virtually nothing. But then again, Jasper hasn't done much either, so I'd say it's up in the air for who wants the possible last spot the most...

BertSquirtgum
08-21-2011, 12:41 AM
torrell troup couldn't get any push at all today. did not look very good.

Night Train
08-21-2011, 06:00 AM
torrell troup couldn't get any push at all today. did not look very good.

What ??? LOL

They sucked as a team last night but film showed Troup blasting past his blockers twice and almost sacking the QB, despite having his hand completely bandaged.

Another 2 closeups showed him stacking the double team in the middle, with the RB getting wrapped up at the LOS.

That loud flush is your credibility going down the bowl.

mysticsoto
08-21-2011, 04:09 PM
What ??? LOL

They sucked as a team last night but film showed Troup blasting past his blockers twice and almost sacking the QB, despite having his hand completely bandaged.

Another 2 closeups showed him stacking the double team in the middle, with the RB getting wrapped up at the LOS.

That loud flush is your credibility going down the bowl.

Yeah, Troup looked good. Two 300 lb linemen could not push him out of the middle front. I love that he's gotten stronger! Hope he gets that club off his hand soon so he can grab & tackle better.

YardRat
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I may be one of the biggest fans of Torrell Troup simply because I had the Bills drafting he and Carrington in my team mock last year, but in all honesty there were plays where he got stood up or pushed back/to the side by one guy. However, there were also plays where he handled the double, shot into the backfield, shed and moved down the line into the play, etc. Stuff like that happens to everybody, every game, and sometimes we end up seeing just what we want to see and dismiss anything opposite.

I think the guy is going to be a stud.

ddaryl
08-21-2011, 06:01 PM
DT might be a huge position of strength on this team..