Clear All
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

GDT|Preseason Week 2|Bills vs. Broncos|Invesco Field 8:35PM EST

Preseason Week 2

August 20, 2011|8:30 PM

Invesco Field - Denver, CO

Radio and Television

Channel 136 (Bills) Channel 93 (Broncos)

Online Viewing Sources

xslive.net
    First-row Sports
    NFL.com (requires one-time $20 subscription)
    MyP2P

Game Previews and Notes

BB.com Preview

NFL.com Official Preview

Broncos Starters to play into the 2nd
    Yahoo Preview
    Bills Merriman, Parrish out
    Bills' pass-rush depth important
    Training camp awards

Depth Charts

Buffalo Bills

Bills Preseason Depth Chart

Denver Broncos

Broncos Preseason Depth Chart

Last Regular Season Meeting

The Broncos, who outgained the Bills 532 yards to 275, retook the lead on Cutler's 6-yard keeper. The celebratory mood among the frozen fans, who endured temperatures that dipped into the single digits, ended quickly when Fred Jackson's 65-yard catch set up Steve Johnson's 3-yard touchdown grab that put Buffalo back on top, 23-20.
    Full recap

Things I Hope to See

Pass-rush minus Merriman

Shawne Merriman looked like the Lights-Out of old last weekend, but again he is missing a game. With Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams eating up space and humans on the defensive line, I hope to see other pass-rushers step up and show flashes. We may not be able to count on Merriman for 16 games and we can't afford to manufacture pressure all season.

Passing game in sync

After a pretty bland showing last weekend in Chicago, the Bills' offense, and more specifically passing offense, reportedly had a horrible week of practice. Lee Evans' departure puts instant pressure on guys that haven't been expected to produce at the NFL level yet. It's time to show some progression and for someone to take over the #2 WR position.

Levitre winning the LG spot

Although the current regime did not draft Andy Levitre, the fact remains that he was a 2nd round pick. And up until now, there haven't been many questions about his play. Now, he faces a challenge from Chad Rinehart - a player brought in by Gailey and Nix. It's time for the more talented player to step up and win the job. Expect for these two to each get a couple series'.

Marcus Easley doing something

We keep hearing about the physicality and athleticism of the former 4th-round pick, but no one has seen anything of substance on the field. The former Husky looked timid returning kicks last week. It makes you wonder if he's still suffering from a nagging injury. Going along with the passing game theme - this guy has the look, size, strength, speed to step up and be a playmaker. It's time to do something with all of those attributes.

Let's go Buffalo!

Last edited by wmoz11; 08-20-2011, 06:51 AM.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: GDT|Preseason Week 2|Bills vs. Broncos|Invesco Field 8:35PM EST

Well Done!!!

Comment

• Mindbender
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
      Well Done!!!

Agreed, must have taken some time. Nice!
      "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

• wmoz11
        • Sep 2008

I was up inordinately early today, so I got an early start on this. Can't promise one every week, but once the template is down it doesn't take too long.

Sucks that NFL highlights aren't readily available on Youtube. When I do these for hockey it's usually a lot better.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy. Looking forward to another step forward for this team tonight.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• wmoz11
            • Sep 2008

Per Gailey, starters to get 20 plays. Second team to get 25 plays. Levitre starting at LG and will see time at center.

Comment

• 2slowtogofast
              • Sep 2007

I hope Fitz looks decent out there. Also hope defense continues in the right direct with out Merriman. If we lose him to injury this year It would be nice to know our D can still hold its own. Lets just hope it does not happen though.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
                Per Gailey, starters to get 20 plays. Second team to get 25 plays. Levitre starting at LG and will see time at center.
                seems weak... the O needs the entire 1/2

Comment

• wmoz11
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  seems weak... the O needs the entire 1/2
                  I'm sure it's just an estimate. If we look really poor I'm sure he'll keep guys in. Doubt he'll be really strict with that number.

But I do agree with you. Especially with these young receivers.
                  Last edited by wmoz11; 08-20-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

If we have another offensive outing like we did against the Bears, I'm going to start to worry a little bit. We need to see that this offense is capable of putting together scoring drives that result in more than just a field goal. Another 3 point outing would raise the red flag of concern in my opinion. Nice work by the OP on putting this thread together. Go Bills
                    Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 08-20-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

If you want to watch the game online......
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

No injuries please. I think 3 series (a little over a 1/4) for the starters is a good amount, you can't push them too hard seeing that there were no OTA's and mini camp, slow and easy. I like to see a little more of the run from the starting unit, but I realize that it's probably the passing game that needs more work due to timing of routes and such. Also I know it's only preseason, but put up a W, this team needs to learn to win, even if it's preseason. GO BILLS. :historian:

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

I think Dareus is going to make Denver pay for not drafting him tonight...

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by don137
                            I think Dareus is going to make Denver pay for not drafting him tonight...

I forgot all about him saying that. Time to open up a can of DAREUS whop ass.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

Love having football back.

Comment

Working...
                              X