X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lmcshadow
    • Nov 2007

Lee fitting in

Seems like Lee learned how to do a little route running. Did we make a mistake on him??

Link
    The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Lee fitting in

are you kidding me? of course the Bills made a mistake getting rid of Lee for a 4th round pick.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by lmcshadow
      Seems like Lee learned how to do a little route running. Did we make a mistake on him??

Link
      http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...%2FFootball%29
      Yeah, I posted about this in another thread. Any Bills fan that is happy the Bills traded Evans for a 4th better think again.

And to all the people that called Evans a one trick pony, 3 receptions on 3 DIFFERENT routes including a slant, that blows your argument for trading Evans out of the water.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards ruled the preseason too. Maybe because defenses don't game plan.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
          Trent Edwards ruled the preseason too. Maybe because defenses don't game plan.
          So you are comparing Lee to Trent? Seriously? Preseason, just a preview of things to come. Keep posting about how bad Evans is so I can throw it in your face during the season.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
            Yeah, I posted about this in another thread. Any Bills fan that is happy the Bills traded Evans for a 4th better think again.

And to all the people that called Evans a one trick pony, 3 receptions on 3 DIFFERENT routes including a slant, that blows your argument for trading Evans out of the water.
            Are you seriously using one half of one preseason game to make any kind of an argument? Really??
            Do you think when people call Evans a one-trick pony, they mean he literally NEVER EVER runs a different route?
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Preseason, just a preview of things to come.
              This is why I brought up Trent. Is preseason typically a preview of things to come? Do preseason game conditions remain in the regular season? Do the same players who make plays in the preseason do it in the regular season too?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Are you seriously using one half of one preseason game to make any kind of an argument? Really??
                Do you think when people call Evans a one-trick pony, they mean he literally NEVER EVER runs a different route?
                Many of them yes, I do believe that is what they thought. So you are saying Evans is capable of running other routes, but the Bills did not ask him to. OK that is what I said as well.

One half of a preseason game on a team that Evans was only a part of for SIX DAYS, very impresive start any way you look at it. If any player the Bills picked up played that way after only being on the team for 6 days, there would be 6 threads on this board about that player.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Evans isn't DONE by any stretch but the Bills don't have a QB who can throw a consistent long ball.

Short passes with seperation in tight quarters isn't his game at all. Thus the low reception totals the past 2 years.

And we know $$ had plenty to do with it.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Many of them yes, I do believe that is what they thought. So you are saying Evans is capable of running other routes, but the Bills did not ask him to. OK that is what I said as well.
                    Oh man, did you read that wrong.
                    Calling someone a one-trick pony means they can do one thing WELL. As in, when they do other things, they're not so good or consistent at it.

One half of a preseason game on a team that Evans was only a part of for SIX DAYS, very impresive start any way you look at it. If any player the Bills picked up played that way after only being on the team for 6 days, there would be 6 threads on this board about that player.
                    Because the board is full of homers.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

I'm sure Evans will have a good season as a Raven, and I'm glad for him.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Oh man, did you read that wrong.
                        Calling someone a one-trick pony means they can do one thing WELL. As in, when they do other things, they're not so good or consistent at it.

Because the board is full of homers.
                        Well, I did not read it wrong. SARCASM.

Again are you comparing Lee to Trent?

Like I said wait until the season plays out. I just hope I don't throw something at my TV when I see Evans & Lynch lead their teams this season while the Bills got nothing for either of them.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Well, I did not read it wrong. SARCASM.

Again are you comparing Lee to Trent?

Like I said wait until the season plays out. I just hope I don't throw something at my TV when I see Evans & Lynch lead their teams this season while the Bills got nothing for either of them.
                          you crazy? we got chris hairston. one word. championship.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                            We play to win the game!
                            • Oct 2009

Evans wanted to be dealt to a winner.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                              Evans wanted to be dealt to a winner.
                              Even if that were true, NO successful team GIVES its players away. If the Bills are ever going to have success they have to stop doing this.

Comment

Working...
                              X