PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel better or worse about this team after todays game?

Novacane
09-08-2002, 08:15 PM
I feel much better. Yeah, the loss hurt but I think they can fix special teams. What are the %'s that they will have another game that bad?

I came into today wondering if we would be able to run the ball and concerned about the Defense. I loved the running game and was happy with the D play. If the O and D can keep playing like they did today I like our chances better than I did comming into the game.
Can't wait until next Sunday!

shelby
09-08-2002, 08:18 PM
heartbroken, yet hopeful.

The_Philster
09-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Better yet apprehensive about our special teams. We showed we could run the ball, could get some pressure on the QB. If we continue to build on those things, I think we'll be OK.

Novacane
09-08-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Better yet apprehensive about our special teams.

Amem to that! I am going to be holding my breath on every kickoff now until we prove we can consistantly cover them.

don137
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
I was encouraged by the game. I believe they will be fun to watch this year. I enjoyed this game more than any game last year. Fans got there moneys worth.
I am encouraged but not sold on the DL. I feel much better about them now then about 24 hours ago. You can tell the Jets defense respected the pass. As a result Travis had a great day. Travis did a great job running the ball and waiting for his blockers. I do get a little nervous with his holding the by loosely at times which can result in fumbles.

Herdwatcher
09-08-2002, 08:48 PM
I feel pretty good about out put from the team. the special teams blew the win but I think they will come around, when, is the big Q.

HenryRules
09-08-2002, 08:51 PM
I think they showed today that most of the pieces are in place, they just need some time. Hollis and Moorman both looked good (I don't blame blocked punts on the punter) and Rogers looked pretty good returning as well. Its suprising since we gave up 37 points, but the D played amazing. Martin got absolutely nothing and Vinny didn't do overly great either. I'd say at least 17 of the 37 points were due to special teams mistakes and turnovers by the offense giving the Jets a short field to work with.
Offense looked pretty good. I didn't see Drew's second interception, though. Jerk infront of me decided the middle of the play would be the perfect time to take off his shirt.

NoCtUrNaL
09-08-2002, 09:04 PM
Post edited: Please refrain from malicious personal attacks.

TigerJ
09-08-2002, 09:35 PM
I never feel very good about a loss, but I'm a little more optimistic about the future. There sure aren't many "easy" games on the schedule though.

LABillsFan
09-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Competitive is the word I would use to describe the team. The D did get burned alot when you consider the fact the Jets offense had the ball for 20 min and put 20 points on the board. There were 3 man rushes at times that seemed too passive. But a very respectable performance non the less.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2002, 06:34 AM
i feel a helluva lot better.i just laugh at the thought that we ONLY gave up a 1st round pick for bledsoe.

lordofgun
09-09-2002, 11:00 AM
I feel SO much better about 2/3 of the team and a lot worse about 1/3 of the team. Unfortunately that 1/3 cost us the game.

I don't expect it to happen again.

BIG WIN FOR THE BILLS VS. VIKES NEXT WEEK!

NoCtUrNaL
09-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Post edited: Please refrain from malicious personal attacks.

vabillsfan
09-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Gotta be happy. Not about the loss, that's a tough one. But man, we were not predicted to be a good team. We showed great effort and should have won. A made FG here and there and its a diff game. However, if we want to win, we simply have to "score more points" than the other guy. Learn to tackle on ST and we're ok. Biggest "OH MAN" of the day --- Bledsoe leveling that D Lineman on the Price reverse. That was awesome.

Elvis Impersonator
09-09-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey guys what's up? the one thing I took out of this game was:

Pre-season don't mean jack.

I hate to see games affected by officiating, just glad to see the Jets came out of it with a 'W'.

The Bills will definitely pull some upsets, this season. Bledsoe to Moulds is the real deal. Good luck the rest of the way (cept for Part II).

Voltron
09-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Man I love the optimism here. I think I will start to hang out here all the time. The other place is full of pessimists and cry-babys. Consider me impressed with this team. Although it did take about 2 hours for me to calm down after the loss :D. Besides ST and Ruben Brown having the worst game of his career (Props to him for admitting it) the team looked good. I still think we need one more big time player on the OL and DL. Al in all a good effort by D and O. ST ... I hope they make them watch that tape 100 times over and over so they know what it was like to watch all the damn replays!