• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmb1099
    • Sep 2004

In Game Rant

1) Our pass defense is atrocious
    2) Our oline is horrendous
    3) Those who call Fitzpatrick Fitzmagic must have seen some awful magicians growing up

That's all for now
  • cpearl
    • Mar 2005

Re: In Game Rant

You do know this is preseason, right? Parrish is out, Merriman is out. Vanilla play calling. Settle down.

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jmb1099
      1) Our pass defense is atrocious
      2) Our oline is horrendous
      3) Those who call Fitzpatrick Fitzmagic must have seen some awful magicians growing up

That's all for now
      Until we lose our 8th game, we are going to the Super Bowl.
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by cpearl
        You do know this is preseason, right? Parrish is out, Merriman is out. Vanilla play calling. Settle down.
        Yup. And all I see is more of the same.

Comment

• jmb1099
          • Sep 2004

And we let Willis Maghee score two touchdowns.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

The year the Bills played the Skins in the Super Bowl, when they were, by far, the two best teams in the league, they went 0-9 combined in preseason.

The year Detroit went 0-16? They were undefeated in preseason.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• jmb1099
              • Sep 2004

Yup, its only preseason, just like the last 11 seasons. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but if you're happy with what you've seen in this game than I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

• Oaf
                Do you read what you write?
                • Jun 2007

I don't care whether we win or lose. Our offensive line sucks, our WRs suck (although no fault of theirs), and Fitz has been anything but consistent.
                Last edited by Oaf; 08-20-2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cpearl

Vanilla play calling has nothing to do with Fitz not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. When he's bad he's really bad.

Comment

• AB4now
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Thurmal
                    The year the Bills played the Skins in the Super Bowl, when they were, by far, the two best teams in the league, they went 0-9 combined in preseason.

very true but there are some things to take away from this
                    1. bell couldn't stop an old man in a hoover-round.
                    2. losing evans to trade has affected the pass game
                    3. starting defense lost its umph after the first series(granted without merriman)
                    4. our corners don't look like t6hey can cover much either
                    5. the first sign of fight out of the offense came after a bad hit to nelson
                    JMO tonights starting performance=
                    thats whats up

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by jmb1099
                      Yup, its only preseason, just like the last 11 seasons. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but if you're happy with what you've seen in this game than I don't know what to tell you.
                      I hear ya. Just playing a little devil's advocate. I have little doubt we'll be terrible, but you gotta admit that they're not running any plays that they will in the regular season, especially since we play Denver this year.
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Worse OT's in the league

Comment

• jmb1099
                          • Sep 2004

I hear ya. Just playing a little devil's advocate. I have little doubt we'll be terrible, but you gotta admit that they're not running any plays that they will in the regular season, especially since we play Denver this year.
                          Agreed. But we have to execute on the plays we are running and we're not. We're in for another long year I'm afraid.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Every year someone posts this. Every year what we see in preseason mirrors what we see in the regular season. Eventually we'll stop seeing this when people wake up and realize that this team ***** blows.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I'm listening on the radio, and it's been a tough game to listen to. I know I miss a lot of what's going on with audio only, but it sounds as if Fitz has been very inaccurate, except for the interception, when he was on the money and Easley let it bounce off his hands.

I get the argument that it's preseason and there are players missing and the play calling is bland etc. etc. ad nauseum. But the other side of the equation is Denver is executing. Both Orton and Quinn have been on target, and the running backs are exposing weakness in the Bills pass defense and finding all kinds of room underneath.

I'm hoping against hope that Tyler Thigpen figures out how to throw the ball in the thin atmosphere in the second half.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X