PDA

View Full Version : So, what's up with Moats?

YardRat
08-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Is he going to get cut?

Mr. Miyagi
08-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

YardRat
08-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Barnett, Torbor, Davis, Sheppard, Moats and White. Two of those guys are going to get cut, put on IR, or PS'd. I can't see them keeping more than four ILB's. Discounting injuries, Barnett, Davis and Sheppard are locks for the final roster, IMO. That leaves the fourth spot availbe for one guy between Torbor, Moats and White.

IMO Torbor should be gone (especially after last night), but with this team you never know.

Moats has had a surprisingly quiet training camp and preseason, and he really hasn't shown much in his time on the field during the games.

Could this be one of those 'Whoa...didn't see that coming' moments if he is released?

Ingtar33
08-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Torbor was the starter last night... and came out when the no.1 defense came out... so i think the bills brass thinks he's the best of the mess we have at lber... that probably means moats and white are gone.

ServoBillieves
08-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Still don't get why he got moved to ILB

Dujek
08-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Probably get kept as a flex between ILB and OLB.

YardRat
08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Still don't get why he got moved to ILB

Batten seems to be the 'glory boy' this preseason so far.

Bangarang
08-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Moats is overrated. He'll be remembered (by Bills fans only I'm sure) as the guy to get one good last hit on Favre. He'll probably go on to accomplish nothing in this league yet people act like he was on the verge of becoming an All Pro olb.

BertSquirtgum
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Barnett, Torbor, Davis, Sheppard, Moats and White. Two of those guys are going to get cut, put on IR, or PS'd. I can't see them keeping more than four ILB's. Discounting injuries, Barnett, Davis and Sheppard are locks for the final roster, IMO. That leaves the fourth spot availbe for one guy between Torbor, Moats and White.

IMO Torbor should be gone (especially after last night), but with this team you never know.

Moats has had a surprisingly quiet training camp and preseason, and he really hasn't shown much in his time on the field during the games.

Could this be one of those 'Whoa...didn't see that coming' moments if he is released?

yupp. torbor was absolutely terrible last night.

BertSquirtgum
08-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Torbor was the starter last night... and came out when the no.1 defense came out... so i think the bills brass thinks he's the best of the mess we have at lber... that probably means moats and white are gone.
this bills brass has proven that they make really smart decisions(sarcasm). they should all be fired if the Bills' record is worse than 5-11 this year. or ralph should take that cap money he isn't using and overpay bill cowher to come here, make gailey the o-coordinator and wannstedt the d-coordinator. that's an amazing fantasy of mine.

Mski
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
didnt moats berak his leg last night?

YardRat
08-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Gailey said none of the injuries were serious and expected all three to be available for the regular season. Has that changed?

Extremebillsfan247
08-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Moats wont be cut.

Michael82
08-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Torbor is terrible. He should be cut. Andra Davis should start with Barnett until Sheppard is ready. Moats should go back to OLB. He was better there as a pass rusher.

Night Train
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Torbor is terrible. He should be cut. Andra Davis should start with Barnett until Sheppard is ready. Moats should go back to OLB. He was better there as a pass rusher.

Davis has played very well both games.

EDS
08-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Davis has played very well both games.

Crazy that the Bills will have three 30+ starting linebackers. Rebuilding?

I remain confused as to why Moats was moved inside. Surely he is a better back-up option outside compared to Coleman and Kirlew.

John Doe
08-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Probably get kept as a flex between ILB and OLB.

His versatility includes special teams too.

tampabay25690
08-22-2011, 07:36 AM
White goes to PS and Torbor gets cut.
They probably let him start to see what he brings to the 1st string...

Moats has upside so he will be staying..........ILB/OLB young guy....

Historian
08-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Moats blows goats!

That being said...I think he makes the final roster...he's Nix's Maybin.

psubills62
08-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I really don't see Moats getting cut. He was one of the only LB's last year who looked like he knew where the QB was.

I also saw something on Buffalo Rumblings (no idea how accurate it is, this was the first I had seen it) that said the coaches were grooming Moats to be the every down ILB. They think he provides pass rush from the inside, is athletic enough to stay in coverage, etc. Basically be the guy Poz was last year and Barnett will be this year.

Mski
08-22-2011, 08:30 AM
i think the only reason anyone cares if moats makes the team, is because his cliam to fame it being the last one to put a big hit on farve, and outside of buffalo im not sure if anybody cares. i like the guy, but if he doesnt make the team, it doesnt suprise me