• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Who helped/hurt themselves last night

Who Helped Themselves: Not too much went right for the Bills and very few players stood out. Fred Jackson looked solid running the ball and in pass protection. Marcell Dareus had another sack and looked sharp. Not much else went right for the Bills and nobody else really helped their case.

Who Hurt Themselves: Many players really didn't help their cause in the loss to Denver. C.J. Spiller got the start and didn't deliver. He didn't run well and continues to struggle badly in pass protection. The offensive line looked bad especially Demetrius Bell and Andy Levitre who started before giving way quickly to Chad Rinehart. Levitre returned and played into the 2nd half as it appears he may have lost his starting job. Ryan Fitzpatrick let his struggles in training camp follow him into the game as he struggled leading the team to just three points in one half of action.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Who helped/hurt themselves last night

Ill tell you what

i like the passion they played with after the injury (1st team offense) it kinda woke them up freddy ran angry and i loved it

if easley didn't drop that pass i believe we would have scored.....and gave the team some positive to bring out of the game.

i also liked how chan reacted at half.....pretty much calling out the oline and saying they need to play smart but never back down...

overall this is a preseason game but both preseason games we have gone down to score on our opening drive. have to take the positives and work on the negatives.

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

the whole team was a negative. they only good things i saw was danny batten looks like he might turn into something and marcell dareus. we all know freddy is the man, so no matter what he did, i think he's still the unquestionable starter. the secondary looks really bad. troup was getting 0 push. he was actually getting pushed backwards a lot by the center.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-21-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

I didn't like Corto's play last night or the OL
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• CAbills
          • Jul 2004

Getting smacked around and taunted seemed to fire them up. I expect a good week of practice and better showing at home against the Jags. The bills defense was so vanilla its hard to really take anything from it really. It was disappointing.

Nothing really worries me expect the terribleness of the offensive line. Yikes. Also Kelvin Sheppard being hurt is really hurting, because Torbor shouldn't make this team but he is going to because of Shepps missed time.
          Lets Go Buffalo!
          Boiler Up!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

why do people use the word vanilla to describe something? it's so ****ing gay. just say they played like a bunch of pussies.

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Who helped themselves?

Dareus - Looking solid as expected

Kyle - Still a monster

Batten - Yes, he did have a personal foul, but that's easily correctable (don't drive the QB into the ground with your shoulder). Other than that though, his play was great.

Searcy - Played excelled for a rookie!

Hall - Even if White hadn't gotten hurt, he might be in position to steal his job.

Chandler - he's playing decently as a TE, but he's also playing well on STs too.

Corey McIntyre - Had Bailey actually engaged Corey when the Donald Jones illegal hit occurred, Bailey might have followed Jones to a hospital also! Liked the fire he and the Bills showed (finally) when that happened! They need to play w/that fire ALL the time!

Troup - Even a double team of 300 lb Olinemen couldn't push him out of the way.

Who hurt themselves:

Bell - had a terrible game as did most of the OL after the 1st drive.

Spiller - confirming what I originally thought - he was a BAD draft. Even if he plays average - it's not good enough for a #9 pick. He needs to be extraordinary or he's a waste.

McKelvin - Not up to 1st CB potential. Again, I preferred DRC and all indications are that McKelvin will not live up to drafted status either.

Jasper - continues to underwhelm. He doesn't play w/fire. He just wants to drive his opponent back. Too 1 dimensional. I realize he lacks experience, but he needs to look at his fellow players and learn from them. So far, he doesn't seem to be doing that.

Heard/Dotson - they didn't play any better than Jasper.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Forgot about a few more worth mentioning:

Aiken - played well. He might need to get more time with the 1st stringers

Roosevelt - did ok also, but doesn't have Stevie's level of hands and drops a few every now and then.

Easley - Has apparently lost his confidence. He should be doing much better than what he's showing. Looked better in the 2nd half, but he needs to be able to show something against 1st stringers...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
                  I didn't like Corto's play last night or the OL
                  Barring injury, the only time Corto will ever see the field (assuming he makes the team) is on special teams.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Barring injury, the only time Corto will ever see the field (assuming he makes the team) is on special teams.
                    With kickoffs pretty much eliminated thanks to the NFL rules...I hope they don't keep Corto. He's terrible and you don't need strictly ST players anymore. It's not worth the roster space.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Anyone happen to notice ILB A. Davis played very good for the 2nd week in a row ? People are busy watching Barnett but give Davis his due.

Miss Poz ? Not at all.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                        why do people use the word vanilla to describe something? it's so ****ing gay. just say they played like a bunch of pussies.
                        For those of you who don't know what the term vanilla means, I will explain it for you:
                        Both offensive and defensive schemes are run at a basic level on purpose. It is done to gauge the talent level of your individual players on tape, and not the team as a whole.

There are no fancy plays, no game planning, no exotic blitzes from your defense etc. It is the primary reason why it is said to not take preseason games seriously. They are meant to be evaluation tools for the HC, OC, and DC. It makes cutting the roster down to your final 53 players easier.

This now you know moment brought to you by Sahlen's hot dogs. <-My cheap endorsement plug.

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                          For those of you who don't know what the term vanilla means, I will explain it for you:
                          Both offensive and defensive schemes are run at a basic level on purpose. It is done to gauge the talent level of your individual players on tape, and not the team as a whole.

There are no fancy plays, no game planning, no exotic blitzes from your defense etc. It is the primary reason why it is said to not take preseason games seriously. They are meant to be evaluation tools for the HC, OC, and DC. It makes cutting the roster down to your final 53 players easier.

This now you know moment brought to you by Sahlen's hot dogs. <-My cheap endorsement plug.
                          Good point - the Bills barely blitzed at all.

Maybe they were trying to see who could apply pressure without the help of blitz packages.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by John Doe
                            Good point - the Bills barely blitzed at all.

Maybe they were trying to see who could apply pressure without the help of blitz packages.
                            Most of the sacks we have made on defense these past 2 games were all culminations of our defenders beating the man in front of them. It's why what Dareus is doing is getting such high praise and not just by those following the Bills. JMO

Comment

• bf1
                              • Oct 2010

Bumbling Buddy Nix has hurt himself for the third straight year. Yes third. Scouting director who had Maybin high on his board.

Comment

Working...
                              X