PDA

View Full Version : Why not move Hangartner back to center?

bills4ver
08-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Why not put Hangartner back to center and put Wood back to RG

That will fix the RG for now and help the line?

Is Hangartner that bad?

Dujek
08-21-2011, 11:43 AM
No, and he's not as much of a drop-off from Wood as Urbik is at RG.

Lone Stranger
08-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Seems logical but that's not the way the Bills are thinking these days.

Ingtar33
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Why not put Hangartner back to center and put Wood back to RG

That will fix the RG for now and help the line?

Is Hangartner that bad?

that's thinking, the bills don't do that. don't you know? thinking's bad.

Novacane
08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Because he makes 3 mill a year and the Bills plan to cut him because of it!

SquishDaFish
08-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Put hang at rg and get a rt somewhere

bills4ver
08-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Because he makes 3 mill a year and the Bills plan to cut him because of it!

You know whats sad that's exactly what I thought

The guys not a super star but can start, and back-up swing at guards so why keep him at 3m

Just cut him more money in old ralph's pocket

ServoBillieves
08-21-2011, 12:48 PM
To simply answer thr thread title: because its the right thinh to do.

Hamgy is as good as Wood at center, and Wood is a major upgrade at RG.

But nevermind logic, lets build through the draft with a 4th round tackle and hopefully next year a 5th round guard!

YardRat
08-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I'd rather see Hang inserted at RG, an LT signed, and move Bell to RT. Although Wood hasn't really stood out from Hang at the center position as of yet, I think it puts our five (four currently?) best linemen in their best positions. It wasn't unusual to see Hang get bullied, blown up, or blown by last season.

Scumbag College
08-21-2011, 01:09 PM
What annoys me is that the interior OL wasn't that bad to begin with and the OTs have been a problem for a long time. So, the obvious move is to bring in castoffs from other teams and tinker with the middle and ignore the tackle position. Makes perfect sense.

justasportsfan
08-21-2011, 01:35 PM
that's thinking, the bills don't do that. don't you know? thinking's bad.

you said pretty much Hang sucks at center. Putting him back at RG would fix that position but doesnt fix the center. Moving Wood to center required thinking and the bills did that.

Ingtar33
08-21-2011, 03:36 PM
you said pretty much Hang sucks at center. Putting him back at RG would fix that position but doesnt fix the center. Moving Wood to center required thinking and the bills did that.

hang does suck at center... and was getting owned last year by the NT's (any of them) in our division. but he's not as bad as the dropoff we have at RG now.

think of it this way... if you rated them out of 10 (10 being good)

hang at center = 4
wood at center = 7

wood at guard = 6
?? at guard = 2

so do you want a 4,6
or a 7,2

that's what we're looking at. While wood is an upgrade over Hang at center, unfortunately we just opened up a BIGGER hole at guard. Personally i'm wondering why we're not trying hang at guard... he used to play it, it's not like he can''t

Michael82
08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I'd rather see Hangartner moved to RG. He was a decent guard at Carolina...wasn't he?

ServoBillieves
08-21-2011, 06:24 PM
I'd rather see Hangartner moved to RG. He was a decent guard at Carolina...wasn't he?

Since I've moved down here, while visiting Town Tavern and Tavern by the Tracks, I've encountered some Panthers fans, and the more knowledgeable ones said they were pretty upset to see Hangman go but weren't too concerned. They said he's a great stop gap but is upgradeable.

That being said... With how he played for us in the middle and how Wood played at guard, what situation looks better people? (Not pointed at you Mikey)

Let's see...

Pears - Urbik - Wood - Rinehart - Bell (What was tested)

Pears - Urbik - Wood - Levitre - Bell (Better...)

Pears - Hangartner - Wood - Levitre - Bell (No Urbik is a plus)

Pears - Wood - Hangartner - Levitre - Bell (Swapped)

Stinchcomb - Hangartner - Wood - Levitre - Bell (Tada...)

homeslice5484
08-21-2011, 07:09 PM
The bills will cut him because hes a vet at 3 million a year, and we dont pay our depth enough, which is why we have no good depth. We cut decent vets every year for salary reasons even though they still can help this team.

mrbojanglezs
08-21-2011, 07:12 PM
I agree, either this or put him at RG, either of these options will put the best line on the field