X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Don't worry, it's only preseason

In preseason you have vanilla offenses vs. vanilla defenses. Win and loss doesn't matter. Remember back in the Kelly era, the Bills never won in preseason. Don't worry.

• BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: Don't worry, it's only preseason

What's a vanilla offense? or defense for that matter? does it mean they are use white color codes? did they eat vanilla ice cream before playing?
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 08-22-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

Hey, look at the bright side. Only 2 more games to go before they count, and 4 more games after that before the sabres seasons starts.

I really want to see the sabres win the stanley cup and see what it does to the bills in terms of "wait some more" attitude. Because pegula still hasn't owned this team for more than a year and he's got expectations up. if they win it all, the bills reaction to that will be very interesting. but since both remain our losers, we let them operate however they choose.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

I prefer my offenses to be chocolate chip cookie dough.

That being said, yeah, I don't care about the preseason, I just want the right changes to be made and so far... well they're not being made.

Sign a tackle, put Hangman at guard, and I have 0 problem with what this team might do.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
          Hey, look at the bright side. Only 2 more games to go before they count, and 4 more games after that before the sabres seasons starts.

I really want to see the sabres win the stanley cup and see what it does to the bills in terms of "wait some more" attitude. Because pegula still hasn't owned this team for more than a year and he's got expectations up. if they win it all, the bills reaction to that will be very interesting. but since both remain our losers, we let them operate however they choose.

The Bills look down on the Sabres, remember? They think the NFL is so much more superior and more popular that who cares.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bf1
            In preseason you have vanilla offenses vs. vanilla defenses. Win and loss doesn't matter. Remember back in the Kelly era, the Bills never won in preseason. Don't worry.
            Well, you're almost right.

We use a vanilla offense and a vanilla defense because we're just trying to evaluate players.

The other team actually wants to win the preseason game, so they game plan and have a more advanced offense and run more stunts and blitzes on defense.

That's why we always look so bad in preseason.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

I hate vanilla....I love Rocky Road

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Well, you're almost right.

We use a vanilla offense and a vanilla defense because we're just trying to evaluate players.

The other team actually wants to win the preseason game, so they game plan and have a more advanced offense and run more stunts and blitzes on defense.

That's why we always look so bad in preseason.
                add the fact that our "vanilla" offense didnt look like it was able to handle a D that game planned pointed out glaring deficiencies on our oline, no matter how much you "dumb down" a game plan in preseason, against an opponent we'll face later in the season, one part that should have still been apart of it would be "protect the QB" which they did none of
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

The pats seem to go for the jugular whether it's preseason or regular season.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                  X