PDA

View Full Version : BBD: 53 Man Roster Prediction v3.0

DraftBoy
08-23-2011, 07:32 AM
http://tinyurl.com/3d6oz6t

With half the preseason already gone, its time to once again take a shot at trying to project the Buffalo Bills final 53 man roster.

With the trade of Lee Evans to Baltimore this was probably the easiest version of the 53 man roster we’ve done yet. The 53 names came together pretty quickly and there weren’t many tough decisions to be made.

mrbojanglezs
08-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Agree except I think chris white might make team over torbor.

The Jokeman
08-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Agree except I think chris white might make team over torbor.
Torbor offers more flexibility in that he can play on the outside or inside. Toss in you could probably get White to come back on the Practice Squad and develop and/or call up in an emergency.

mrbojanglezs
08-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Torbor offers more flexibility in that he can play on the outside or inside. Toss in you could probably get White to come back on the Practice Squad and develop and/or call up in an emergency.

Ya could see it torbor hasn't exactly been good though

k-oneputt
08-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Nelson and Torbor are gone.
They find a way to keep Moats. I'm not his biggest fan but he is one of their draft picks and he showed some production last year.
I can see them keeping a 6th cb.

The Jokeman
08-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Ya could see it torbor hasn't exactly been good though
and to expect a low round drafted rookie to outplay him is a lot. Heck even to ask a high round rookie to outplay him is a lot. Keep Torbor for the year and look for White to get his shot to be a backup/ST in 2012.

YardRat
08-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Anybody else find it humorous that DB's url is 'tiny'?

YardRat
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Why the change of heart on TE's, DB?

DraftBoy
08-24-2011, 06:50 AM
Why the change of heart on TE's, DB?

Chandler has been getting the starting nod, Pianalto is making plays, and Nelson I have to believe has one last shot.

All in all its still not a good group, but its sadly one of our deeper positions. I could still see any of the 5 making the team at this point.

As k-one pointed out, he thinks Nelson is gone which I can't say I disagree with but who do you keep in his place?

Like I said this was the saddest and easiest 53 man roster I had to put together yet. And that's not a good thing.

Dr. Lecter
08-24-2011, 07:38 AM
David Martin over Nelson

Jon Corto over one of the LBs (hopefully Torbor)

Ed
08-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I could see them cutting Shawn Nelson and keeping LB Chris White. Or an extra CB or RB. I could see them keeping Wrotto also.

Most of the cuts seem pretty obvious though. There shouldn't really be any major surprises.

YardRat
08-29-2011, 08:12 PM
QB (3):Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith
RB (3):Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, Johnny White
FB (1):Corey McIntyre
WR (5):Marcus Easley, Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones
TE (3):Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin, Zack Pianalto

OT (3):Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston

OG (4):Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Rhinehart, Mansfield Wrotto
OC (2):Eric Wood, Geoff Hangartner
DE (4):Dwan Edwards, Marcell Dareus, Spencer Johnson, Alex Carrington
NT (2):Kyle Williams, Torrell Troup
OLB (4):Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman

ILB (5):Nick Barnett, Andra Davis, Kirk Morrison, Kelvin Sheppard, Chris White
CB (6):Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, Justin Roger, Reggie Corner
S (5):Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Bryan Scott, Da’Norris Searcy, Jon Corto
K (1):Rian Lindell
P (1): Brian Moorman
LS (1): Garrison Sanborn

wmoz11
08-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Pretty good list, Yardie, but I don't see Moats getting cut yet. I know Corto is a good ST guy, but I don't think we carry 5 safeties.

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Ill never get the Corto fascination.

Mad Max
08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Anybody else find it humorous that DB's url is 'tiny'?

That's alright his ego makes up for it.:biggrin:

YardRat
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Pretty good list, Yardie, but I don't see Moats getting cut yet. I know Corto is a good ST guy, but I don't think we carry 5 safeties.

I think Moats may be headed to IR. Not a fan of keeping Corto, but I have a sinking feeling that he's going to stick.

Ill never get the Corto fascination.

Me either...I'd rather Roosevelt, Moats or even Howard take his spot.

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 09:57 PM
That's alright his ego makes up for it.:biggrin:

Ya damn skippy it does!

PromoTheRobot
08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
TE Nelson is the surprise cut. Eddins might be the surprise roster player.

PTR

YardRat
08-30-2011, 06:17 AM
TE Nelson is the surprise cut. Eddins might be the surprise roster player.

PTR

He could make it over Coleman.

jimbohastle51
08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
draftboy i congrats on the site. i forgot to mention that when you first posted it was up and running, it looks great! i have been posting on this board for around 7 years so its awesome to see posters doing something with there passions!
i agree with most of your roster except i think we only carry 2 TE's and i we keep white on the 53 but cut hangartner. wood and urbik can play C and G so i think if someone got injuried we could easily fill that spot (and i think the bills would gladly shed his salary in favor of letting a young guy get reps if wood went down).

DraftBoy
08-30-2011, 10:49 AM
draftboy i congrats on the site. i forgot to mention that when you first posted it was up and running, it looks great! i have been posting on this board for around 7 years so its awesome to see posters doing something with there passions!
i agree with most of your roster except i think we only carry 2 TE's and i we keep white on the 53 but cut hangartner. wood and urbik can play C and G so i think if someone got injuried we could easily fill that spot (and i think the bills would gladly shed his salary in favor of letting a young guy get reps if wood went down).

Thanks!

Im not sure we'll only carry 2 though, that would leave us thin for goalline situations unless they use an extra OT as eligible.

jimbohastle51
08-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks!

Im not sure we'll only carry 2 though, that would leave us thin for goalline situations unless they use an extra OT as eligible.

good point. i still think we will sign a vet or 2 to play at tackle and/or guard after final cuts are made as well.

Buddo
08-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I can't for the life of me remember what the matter is with Martin. He's not practising, but what's his injury?
I don't think for one moment we will only keep two TEs btw.
While Chandler is going to be the #1, I can still see Martin (if fit) getting on the field a fair bit, to help the O-Line. Neither Pianalto or Nelson are up to much with that atm.
Anyone got any views on how Caussin's blocking has been, as he seems to have made a few plays as well.
I'm not so sure they wouldn't like to find spots for Chris White, and maybe even Jasper, as well, tbh. How they do that though, would be the tricky part. Coleman I can see as a guy who could well be in 'trouble', although he's not really done much obviously wrong, more that Moats, for example, would qualify as a better OLB, even though they want to use him inside.
I wonder if they are contemplating using Morrison outside, which might also free up a spot for White, if they did cut Coleman.