• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Classic Bills blunders leading into a new season

I think the cutting of langston walker and moving AVP in OC a week before the season started the new age of bills buffoonery of making decisions that were obvious a long time ago. Additionally, this season, we've seemed to add "create issues where none seemingly existed.

So what stuff are we doing right now that is screwing up our chances even more than we thought

1. Trading lee evans for a 4th
    2. angering Freddie Jackson and refusing to trust him as the starter despite him being the most productive bill for the last 2 years.
    3. Making Levitre a second stringer and then a solution to our LT problems
    4. Not bringing in hangartner to solidify line play. Sure he might be less talented than wood, but wood was better at G than anyone else.

I'm sure there will be more, i mean we have 3 weeks before the season starts. once the cuts come, i'm sure we'll have sided with a Jasper who has done nothing, than find a way to keep a more productive player that will be scooped up before he hits the practice squad.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Classic Bills blunders leading into a new season

Originally posted by trapezeus
    I think the cutting of langston walker and moving AVP in OC a week before the season started the new age of bills buffoonery of making decisions that were obvious a long time ago. Additionally, this season, we've seemed to add "create issues where none seemingly existed.

So what stuff are we doing right now that is screwing up our chances even more than we thought

2. angering Freddie Jackson and refusing to trust him as the starter despite him being the most productive bill for the last 2 years.
    4. Not bringing in hangartner to solidify line play. Sure he might be less talented than wood, but wood was better at G than anyone else.

I'm sure there will be more, i mean we have 3 weeks before the season starts. once the cuts come, i'm sure we'll have sided with a Jasper who has done nothing, than find a way to keep a more productive player that will be scooped up before he hits the practice squad.
    Hangartner can also play guard. I would rather see him at guard than Wood. Wood can handle the NT much better than Hang.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

5. Moving Moats from OLB- where he looked decent- to ILB- where he looks lost.
      6. Having to move Carrington to OLB because we re-signed Kelsay, who is mediocre and out of position at 3-4 OLB anyway, and moved Moats to ILB.

6 may not be a big deal if we run more 4-man fronts, but it could potentially hold Carrington back and hurt our pass coverage.
      Last edited by OpIv37; 08-23-2011, 08:49 AM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days
        Hangartner can also play guard. I would rather see him at guard than Wood. Wood can handle the NT much better than Hang.
        Hangartner isn't a Pro bowler, but he's infinitely better than Urbik.

But Urbik is probably getting the NFL minimum, and Hangman will be getting 2.5 million this year, and 2.8 million next year.

I have the feeling he doesn't make the final roster.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

The giants are in need of a CB. We should trade another former 1st rd pick ,Mckelvin to them for a 4th.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            The giants are in need of a CB. We should trade another former 1st rd pick ,Mckelvin to them for a 4th.
            nah, more like a 6th.

Comment

• El Guapo
              • May 2007

1. Lee Evans would not be part of the solution in the three-four year plan. Keeping him made us better this season and next, but not for the long haul.

2. Oh no, did Freddie get his feelings hurt? What a blunder. The season is surely over because Freddie's ego is made of glass. We may as well not even play this season because poor Freddie didn't start a pre-season game. Give me a break.

3. Good point.

4. eh, we'll see.
              A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• GreedoII
                • Aug 2007

This team didn't have a chance in the 1st place to make the playoffs so who cares? They are getting rid of dead weight leftover players They still need to purge a few more in my opinion:

Kelsey
                Hart
                Bell
                Torber
                Mckelvin
                Jackson
                Lindell
                Wilson
                A.Davis

Just play the young guys and take your bumbs and bruises.
                Get rid of these losers.....

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by GreedoII
                  This team didn't have a chance in the 1st place to make the playoffs so who cares? They are getting rid of dead weight leftover players They still need to purge a few more in my opinion:

Kelsey
                  Hart
                  Bell
                  Torber
                  Mckelvin
                  Jackson
                  Lindell
                  Wilson
                  A.Davis

Just play the young guys and take your bumbs and bruises.
                  Get rid of these losers.....
                  very dumb post. very dumb.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Apologists, please realize i'm not against bottoming out. i just thought you could bottom out in one year and start adding. The bills actually had a mediocre offense last year. if their fixes this year in a defense heavy draft work, by simply not touching the offense from last year, would have been better than crushing it into the ground.

Evans, i'm fine with not being part of the plan. a 4th rounder? to a decent team? Arizona was in the mix. Arizona will suck because kolb is JP/Rob johnson hybrid. he won't last the season. it would have been like getting a late 3rd. Even if evans wanted out, not since dominic hasek have we given a player away for so little in return.

The freddie jackson issue isn't about hurt feelings. it's about how productive players see this organization. how many productive players should we push aside and then wonder why they don't sign with us. We take it as a shot to buffalo the city. it's not. it's because a bunch of morons can't come up with a plan and stick with it.

the line situation is infinitely worse than we thought. last year it kinda seemed like people were getting it. simply by ****ing around with levitre, a fairly consistent player for people who we all see won't get the job done, seems stupid. i thought wood and levitre are definite memberes of a successful line. Now we are essentially finding out that wood is the only guy they believe in. And levitre was part of a buddy draft.

There is no plan. the plan isn't even to get luck. They ****ing show us that they are the smartest men in the world this april with the 1 spot when they draft a punt returning wide receiver.

I think i overshot on my 3-13 prediction.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Moats to ILB
                      No offensive line signings
                      Toying with player positions
                      Trading Evans
                      Pat Moran
                      Not cutting dead weight
                      Did I mention they have probably 3/5th's of an offensive line?
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

The biggest blunders continue to be the draft by far. I'm convinced. Even the Bills, as cheap as they are, could be a playoff team if they really drafted well. I was just listening to Colin Cowherd, and he was talking about a study that was just done by somebody that the ten teams that draft the best are shockingly all perennial playoff teams, and not all of them are big market, big spenders. It's teams like Baltimore, Atlanta, Philly, San Diego, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Indy, etc. They are not all big market teams, they just draft well and spend money wisely on the players they develop and want to keep. The Bills could do that, they just don't because the front office personnel consists of guys that hand out ice cream to fans instead of top notch football minds. The drafts continue to be butchered. Aaron Maybin, Paul Posluszny, Marshawn Lynch, Leo McKelvin, Donte Whitner, possibly C.J. Spiller and the list goes on... these guys are all top half first round draft picks (or better) and none of them live up to where they were drafted and/or aren't even on the team anymore. They all need to be impact starter/borderline Pro Bowl-type players, and they aren't. That's the biggest mistake, and the single biggest reason this franchise sucks.

Jon
                        Last edited by Mudflap1; 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Apologists, please realize i'm not against bottoming out. i just thought you could bottom out in one year and start adding.
                          Not only that, but if the plan is to bottom out and get younger, why the hell did they re-sign Chris Kelsay? We trade Lee Evans over $3 million, but Kelsay remains on the roster eating up $5 million. WTF?

More proof that there is no plan, and this team is just clueless.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Not only that, but if the plan is to bottom out and get younger, why the hell did they re-sign Chris Kelsay? We trade Lee Evans over $3 million, but Kelsay remains on the roster eating up $5 million. WTF?

More proof that there is no plan, and this team is just clueless.
                            i'm convinved kelsay has pictures of ralph getting his junk fondled by a group of sailors.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              X