PDA

View Full Version : You're the ones missing the opportunity...

The King
08-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Everyone is pissed off at the current state of the franchise. And 95% of the anger is addressed at Ralph Wilson.

Many of you are season ticket holders and I know everyone enjoys time at the Ralph. So why not make a statement this weekend. Everyone sit out the first quarter leave the seats empty. You really only have one opportunity to make a statement since the next game is in Toronto and there's no reason to miss games that count. Take the opportunity to sit in the parking lot have 1 or 2 more cold ones and say "you suck" Ralph.

BLeonard
08-24-2011, 12:47 PM
There isn't an exhibition game in Toronto this year...

Second, as much as Id' like to see a statement made, the tickets are bought (for anyone that bought them) so Ralph already has the cash. Also, it's not like an empty stadium for a preseason game is anything out of the norm.\

I like the idea in theory, but just don't see it translating in application.

-Bill

ddaryl
08-24-2011, 12:48 PM
LOL!.. I suggested that fans do this a few years ago.. I was told to STFU.

but do it during the regular season.. Don't go in just stay in the parking lot parade around the stadium, hold signs make noise and get the media's attention. When there is 50% empty seats and a whole lot of organizing going on around the stadium and 1000's march around the stadium while a game is being played you can bet the farm that the media will take notice....

that's the point.. yeah Ralph has his money, but the embarrassment of 1000's of fans willing to bring attention to Bills inept owner and front office moves to the public eye wil lhave an affect.. I guarantee it.

Funny how pissed people can get but how completely unwilling they are when it comes to making a real statement.

I'm all for bulletin boards too... but that was also labeled stupid... I guess it's smart to whine cry ***** and moan but do nothing ever...

BuffaloBlitz83
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Why not just not go to the game

Historian
08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh yea, and there's a day coming up when you're not supposed to buy gas, either.

:rolleyes:

The King
08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
There isn't an exhibition game in Toronto this year...

Second, as much as Id' like to see a statement made, the tickets are bought (for anyone that bought them) so Ralph already has the cash. Also, it's not like an empty stadium for a preseason game is anything out of the norm.\

I like the idea in theory, but just don't see it translating in application.

-Bill

Most season ticket holders hate having preseason tickets... so it might have legs there. Its not about the money for Ralph its about embarrassing the organization the way they have embarrassed its fans

ddaryl
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Why not just not go to the game

1st make it the home opener, that is when you will get real coverage

people protesting outside during a game will gain attention especially if its semi-organized and people are caring well thought out signs and telling reporters why they are doing what they are doing.. The fans put a face on the protest..

think about it, a NFL game is being played, but 50% of the fans are marching around the stadium during the entire game demanding change...

THATHURMANATOR
08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
I will do it for the opener if everyone else does.

The King
Oh yea, and there's a day coming up when you're not supposed to buy gas, either.

:rolleyes: Much easier to organize something like this than not buying fuel which is essential to everyday commuting.

I dont ***** half as much as some people on here... Im simply suggesting an action to support your words.

trapezeus
i think we are only left with drastic measures. i think this kind of protest organized to get media attention would be very moving.

especially with the common practice of flashmobs, why can't we organize to get a walk out or never walk in?

then get a couple people leading the charge and being the voice of the fans with common talking points.

1. we've on average given $x for less than 9 wins a season for 11 years.
2. they can't bring in new talent
3. they miss on the draft
4. the same people are constantly in charge despite major errors
5. other small market teams are winning

I really think we need to do this.

Ickybaluky
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
On a side note, King, are you going to Foxborough on Sep 17 for Drew's induction into the Pats HOF? I know you were a big fan of the guy, and it is open to the public.

BLeonard
08-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm staring to think we need a new billboard... Except, in place of the names of Jauron, Guy and Modrak, it needs to have Littman, Overdorf and Wilson.

-Bill

ChristopherWalken
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
The billboard thing has been done.

A Home Opener without any fans would spark national media coverage and the message would really be drilled home.

And I like the idea of just not going in for the 1st qrtr. This shows you care enough for your team that you are there and that you are pissed enough that you need a clear message sent to Wilson himself.

bf1
08-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I will do it if THATHURMANATOR does.

trapezeus
or what about, everytime the bills are down by 14 or more at a home game, the crowd starts to chant, "ralph wilson sucks."

The King
On a side note, King, are you going to Foxborough on Sep 17 for Drew's induction into the Pats HOF? I know you were a big fan of the guy, and it is open to the public.

I had planned on it but it's the same day as my brother in laws wedding so unless it's real early.

The King
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
or what about, everytime the bills are down by 14 or more at a home game, the crowd starts to chant, "ralph wilson sucks."

The players dont deserve that though.

ChristopherWalken
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
And as someone earlier mentioned the Toronto thing...there is another sound reason showing Wilson caring more for his personal gain and less for the fans of Buffalo. All the while disguising it as a heart felt attempt to keep the ailing Bills in Buffalo and to lure more fans from the great white north.

Its BS!

A shepherd would be out of a job without any sheep.

trapezeus
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
it's not a statement about the players. for every dareus and merrimen they bring in, they let an evans go, or fail to bring in more help.

this isn't a league about 1 player. it's about giving these guys the tools they need.

ralph wilson sucks doesn't say, "we hate the players" it literally says, "we hate the owner."

Ickybaluky
08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I had planned on it but it's the same day as my brother in laws wedding so unless it's real early.

No... 5 PM.

ChristopherWalken
08-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Actions speak louder than words IMO.

A loud mass repeating the same thing over and over is just interperted by a caoupole of local media hounds that a select bunch of whiney fans are starting to get restless.

This issue deserves a slap in the face. A 1 qrtr collective strike by the fans has never been done and would engage the national media - CNN, FOX, ESPN, NFL Network.

DraftBoy
08-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Public stunts like this rarely work and are good for 24-48 hours worth of a news cycle.

You guys are thinking way too small if you want National Attention and for it to stick.

ddaryl
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
Public stunts like this rarely work and are good for 24-48 hours worth of a news cycle.

You guys are thinking way too small if you want National Attention and for it to stick.

then do it again during the 2nd home game

trapezeus
08-24-2011, 03:22 PM
if fans could do it once to get the coverage, we could surely do it twice on a larger scale.

like i said, flash mobs happen all the time, why can't we get some organization and revolt against this ownership. it really is unfair that we are being gamed and possibly gamed right out of a team anyways. if ralph's death starts the team from moving, i predict people dismantle the stadium in a few days.

Bill Cody
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
You guys are delusional. Ralph Wilson is 102 years old. He puts his teeth in a glass at night to clean them and he thinks Bush is President. He does not care one bit about your stunts. Not one bit and he probably wouldn't even notice. But feel free to do it, it might be worth a few chuckles and I could use them.

You want to pull a stunt? Kidnap Ralph and tell him he can't see his rerun of "Gunsmoke" until he agrees to sell the team to a local group tomorrow. Too drastic? Maybe but that's what it would take to actually do anything of substance.

alohabillsfan
08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
You guys sure like to complain... How about, get off the sidelines, build an empire, buy the team and run it your way. If not, then STFU. Many a people, including HS dropouts have gone on to become billionaires, so stop with the poor me attitude and do something about it. If not, enjoy what you have not what you dont.

trapezeus
08-24-2011, 08:18 PM
ok, so don't count alohabillsfan in the numbers...however, i think we have consensus from the rest of the fans who don't like getting ****ed in the ass routinely. which is to say, we've got everyone else.

DraftBoy
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
then do it again during the 2nd home game

The issue(s) here is this;

1-You can't organize the fan base well enough to make this happen consistently
2-You're asking people to throw away good money that they paid for these tickets in a hard economy
3-Im not sure Ralph will notice or even care

alohabillsfan
08-25-2011, 06:11 AM
its basically a really bad idea. keep thinking...

CoolBreeze
08-25-2011, 08:15 AM
Just move the team already!!! That will solve everything. U folks won't have anything to complain about. I then urge you to attend another game in another stadium, and pay more than double what you pay in Buffalo. In the economics of today this city has no business have a NFL team.

ddaryl
08-25-2011, 08:19 AM

2-You're asking people to throw away good money that they paid for these tickets in a hard economy

Ok.. don't do it....

but I got this really crazy idea.. Just try it.. Start up a facebook page, tweet the idea.... I would say there are lots of PO'd Bills fans ready to make a statement. Just visit the official forums or 2billsdrive forums... From what i can tell there is plenty of momentum for something like this...

The fans are throwing away good money anyways... and if the media runs with it and so many people don't show up in the stadium it is guaranteed to get attention and get national media to start asking the Bills FO some really tough questions..

If people are going to spend as much time as they do whining *****ing crying and just being miserable as they are over the Bills then I have to believe people are willing to harness that frustration and do something like this..

Heck if the Bills look like dog crap during the 1st few games of the season then I wold think the situation would be ripe for such a demonstration

psubills62
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
So you want to sit out a quarter or two and make the stadium as empty as possible? Why would you want to confuse Ralph like that and make him think the game is in Miami?

Jan Reimers
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM

3 is the key. Stay away in droves, cancel your season tickets, stop buying merchandise, put up 17 billboards, chant insults like a Zen choir, whatever. You are not going to change Ralph at this point in his life.

But empty seats, lack of merchandise sales, etc. will sure make it easier for the franchise to move, once Ralph is gone.

Bill Cody
08-25-2011, 10:07 AM
3 is the key. Stay away in droves, cancel your season tickets, stop buying merchandise, put up 17 billboards, chant insults like a Zen choir, whatever. You are not going to change Ralph at this point in his life.

But empty seats, lack of merchandise sales, etc. will sure make it easier for the franchise to move, once Ralph is gone.

See now this man has a brain in his head. He's pretty grumpy, and noone will deny him the right to be or say he isn't entitled. Hell he's WAY entitled. But he's also not dumb enough to think this will do any good and it could actually backfire (although truthfully I doubt it will even be a blip on the radar). But please carry on folks.

DraftBoy
08-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Empty stadium seats means you're giving Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder more ammo to move our team.