• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

You Think Buddy Nix Hates His Job?

Just wondering what you all think.

You think he regrets taking the job or thinks the spending ceiling is just a challenge to try to overcome?

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: You Think Buddy Nix Hates His Job?

Originally posted by bf1
    Just wondering what you all think.

You think he regrets taking the job or thinks the spending ceiling is just a challenge to try to overcome?
    I wouldn't as he does what he loves and it's not like he has to answer to anyone since Wilson hasn't come out and said anything that put his job in jeopardy and if he were to get fired he could just retire again.

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Why would he hate it?

Nix was here in 2009, when the Bills went 6-10 and fired their Head Coach, while he was given a promotion. He wasn't going to get a GM job anywhere else and, in Buffalo, where they haven't been to the playoffs in over a decade, what exactly does he have to lose? If this "regime" fails, it'll just be another link in the chain as far as Buffalo Bills front office failures is concerned. But, if he succeeds, he'll be applauded and could possibly lead to another job in the NFL, maybe even on a team that wants to win.

As a GM, he's just like a lot of players the Bills get: Low cost, low risk... High upside.

-Bill

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He probably thought he had a normal GM job, then found out after his hands were being tied by Overdorf.

Frustration resonates down from the top and it's not a first for the Bills. See Dick Gallagher, Chuck Knox, Bill Polian, John Butler and probably more.

It could be Ralph is in rough shape and maybe the change of ownership could be coming soon but that's nothing more than a guess, based on Wilsons age.

I didn't expect more than 5 wins anyhow in 2011 but perception still makes this a bad situation. Our QB's could be running for their lives this season but I'd be shocked if they didn't draft one early next April, when 4-5 legit 1st rounders are showing...the best depth up top in a few years. If some OT's can be found before 2012, then it's not hopeless long term.

But that does litttle for a 2011 season that is 3 weeks away from starting.

Something has to change and maybe the calling out of the obvious by the press will force a change in direction after this year. The only hope now is finding some final cuts that could help us for this season.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BigZ
          • Sep 2003

Buddy loves his job....all but the part where he has to talk to Mr. Wilson and pretend that Ralph is making any sense.

Comment

• malvado78
            • Mar 2006

I bet you he hates it when Ralph drools on him...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

I sell crap to people for 28K a year, and loathe every minute of it. I do it to make my fiancee happy, and to keep us in the right direction.

If he hates his job, I'd love to switch places with him, try to run a team that I love, and improve the severe problems on the offensive line to make this team relevant. But, with Overdorf apparently in charge of the finances, his word is against the all mighty dollar.

He should love his job, because it's the opportunity of a lifetime. If he doesn't like it, then he's a complete idiot. I'm not calling him out since it's not necessarily true, but if he did feel that way, then yeah.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

Why in the world would the guy hate his job? He probably gets a real nice paycheck and he doesn't have to do anything.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

I don't think he hates his job, but could he be getting frustrated ? When he said this about the EVANS trade " there were a lot of things that went into the deal that he couldn’t elaborate on publicly." I thought it might be a sign of frustration. From what I understand it was JIM OVERDORF who was in charge of the EVANS trade, did NIX have a final say in this or was he over ruled ?

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                    • Feb 2009

He doesn't hate his job, he just hates guys that make 28k, and think they no more about football and

Comment

• bf1
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
                      He doesn't hate his job, he just hates guys that make 28k, and think they no more about football and
                      Bumbling Buddy, is that you? Who said they can't teach a country bumpkin to use one of these here puter things.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bf1
                        Bumbling Buddy, is that you? Who said they can't teach a country bumpkin to use one of these here puter things.
                        why is he bumbling buddy? have you even looked at the man's resume? Not to get personal, but I doubt you've accomplished as much as he has. He was the chief scout in SD and helped rebuild a team at the bottom into one of the most talented teams in the league. Or did you not know that? The roster here in 2009 was arguably worse than that. Give the man a break. We could have used a dozen 1st round picks the last couple years. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Comment

• bf1
                          • Oct 2010

He had Maybin high on the the draft board. There is not doubt about that. I don't buy the BS that Jauron hand picked the guy. Plus, he's done nothing to improve this team. Funny, looking at his resume, I don't see GM anywhere but here.

Comment

• bf1
                            • Oct 2010

He's either Bumbling Buddy or a total and complete lackey.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bf1
                              He had Maybin high on the the draft board. There is not doubt about that. I don't buy the BS that Jauron hand picked the guy. Plus, he's done nothing to improve this team. Funny, looking at his resume, I don't see GM anywhere but here.
                              Just because you have no doubt about it doesn't make it universally true. It's obvious you don't like the guy and have an extremely subjective opinion.

Let me ask you one question...how come the guys Nix drafted as GM seem to getting something close to special treatment, but reports were that Maybin was tossed aside as soon as Gailey got here? Do you think he would have been practically ignored by the coaches if Nix was actually high on him?

It's also amusing that you "credit" him with the Maybin pick (notice he wasn't GM for that either), but you give him ZERO credit for his time in San Diego simply because he wasn't listed as the GM. You've got two different standards going here and your arguments don't hold any water because of it.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X