• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Dareus hoping to play Saturday

I got kicked in my calf and they said I bruised a muscle and they didn’t want to take a risk, so they sent me out of practice and I got some treatment,” Dareus said. ”We were stretching it out trying to get it back well.
    -Bill
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Dareus hoping to play Saturday

Well, that is good news.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

If they need to, sit him the rest of preseason. Let him practice lightly and then take it out on the Chiefs.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

I think they should sit him for the remainder of the pre-season. I think we've seen that he can play.

Comment

• Ed
          • Sep 2002

This is great news that it doesn't seem that serious. I didn't know he was hurt and then read on espn.com that he was seen on crutches after practice. I was thinking a bad sprain or something that would keep him out at least a month, but if he's already talking about playing Saturday then he should be fine for the opener.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

Rest up big boy, we need you to pummel that sissy Cassel.

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by mayotm
              I think they should sit him for the remainder of the pre-season. I think we've seen that he can play.
              There's no doubt the kid can play and it would be safe to sit him, but there's things he can pick up to improve his game even more playing in a live game as opposed to practice, plus conditioning is also a factor. Going out there and playing 2 1/2 quarters will help him when he's expected to go a full game (another thing he can't get in practice). Injuries can happen, it's part of the game, there's as good as a chance that he goes out there for the 1st game and gets injured because he's not in game shape. I'm sure if it's up to DAREUS he'll be out there. I don't know if any further damage can come of a bruise, if it can CHAN will probably limit him.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

if he can go, he should be out there for a quarter at most. 2 series. if he has another sack and is a disruptive force, yank him earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X