X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CleveSteve
    • Apr 2011

Bills Drafted and Undrafted Rookies

Hey guys, how are your new dudes looking in preseason so far? Obviously, Dareus is a stud (hopefully his injury isn't too serious) but what about the other guys? Anybody performing better or worse than expected from the draft class? How about a UDFA that has surprised and has a shot at the roster? Thanks!
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Bills Drafted and Undrafted Rookies

Originally posted by CleveSteve
    Hey guys, how are your new dudes looking in preseason so far? Obviously, Dareus is a stud (hopefully his injury isn't too serious) but what about the other guys? Anybody performing better or worse than expected from the draft class? How about a UDFA that has surprised and has a shot at the roster? Thanks!
    CB Aaron Williams - has reportedly looked good - very aggressive, though has his bad moments as well, as to be expected from a rookie. Should be a 4th-5th CB this year, but don't be surprised to see him as a starter in 2012.

LB Kelvin Sheppard - team is high on him, but due to injuries he really hasn't practiced or played so it's hard to get a read on him.

SS Da'Norris Searcy - practice reports have been few and far between that mention him. I think he made a decent play in one of the preseason games, but he's expected to be depth for now.

RT Chris Hairston - hasn't looked good for the most part, but was expected to be a project. Serve as depth for a year or two.

RB Johnny White - was labeled by one media member (can't remember which one) as the "surprise of training camp." Looks smooth, but will be a third RB this year. May be an eventual 3rd-down back.

LB Chris White - also has been injured a decent amount lately, but before that there were positive reports on his instincts. May end up on practice squad.

CB Justin Rogers - not sure if he's practiced at all yet thanks to injuries. Destined for practice squad for now.

DT Michael Jasper - has had his moments, but still very raw. Inconsistent in practices and has disappeared in most games. Very athletic, but needs a lot of development, thus a practice squad player.

UDFA's
    OLB Robert Eddins - OLB that has had a sack or two each preseason game. We have a lot of bodies at LB, though, so he's probably going to end up on the PS.

CB Loyce Means - made a lot of plays in camp so far, though haven't heard his name from the preseason games. If we keep a 6th CB, he may end up being it.

I may have messed up some of their names, but that's all I know so far. Also, keep in mind that I haven't watched the preseason games (or TC practices) myself, so I'm just going off of reports from others.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

Thanks for the info, too bad about the injuries. Sheppard and C. White were the guys I was most excited about for you guys (besides Dareus of course), so I hope they come back soon.

Anybody who has watched the games have any personal input?

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
        • Aug 2005

Only thing I would say is that if Merriamn stays healthy our defense is going to be light years better than last year. With him Dareus and Williams wreaking havoc it should help all facets of the Defense. The three of them have looked unstoppable so far.
        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Dareus has been dominant or at least has shown signs of being so. Williams has played great at times, but makes rookie mistakes. That's to be expected. I expect him to start next season to be honest. Sheppard has been injured. Chan raves about him though so I'm sure we'll be pleasantly surprised if he ever touches the field.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsStampede
            Only thing I would say is that if Merriamn stays healthy our defense is going to be light years better than last year. With him Dareus and Williams wreaking havoc it should help all facets of the Defense. The three of them have looked unstoppable so far.
            Agreed. Don't forget about the progress of Troup and Carrington either. Or the fact that we now have two solid 3-4 inside backers in Barnett and Morrison.

If they stay healthy, our D will be much improved. No doubt about that.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Ed
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
              Agreed. Don't forget about the progress of Troup and Carrington either. Or the fact that we now have two solid 3-4 inside backers in Barnett and Morrison.

If they stay healthy, our D will be much improved. No doubt about that.
              Who's Morrison?

Comment

• Ed
                • Sep 2002

Never mind, I just saw the thread about signing Morrison.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

The Bills are a rebuilding team so you would obviously expect the team to get its rookies on the field and get them some experience. With the exception of Dareus, that does not look like the case though, as their picks will be buried on the bench due to veteran free agent signings, ineffectiveness and/or injury.

Fortunately we have Dareus, and he will probably contribute more than the balance of entire 2010 and 2011 draft classes combined.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                    • Apr 2011

Thanks EDS... funny you mention that since the Browns are in a very similar position but many fans have complained that they didn't sign any veteran free agents to put on the field!

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by CleveSteve
                      Thanks EDS... funny you mention that since the Browns are in a very similar position but many fans have complained that they didn't sign any veteran free agents to put on the field!
                      The Bills are not exactly bringing in the cream of the veteran free agent crop . . .

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ed
                        Who's Morrison?
                        Kirk Morrison... We just signed him. Solid starter for the Raiders for years.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ed
                          Never mind, I just saw the thread about signing Morrison.
                          My mistake. Didn't see you found it.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                          X