PDA

View Full Version : Moore fined $20K for Jones hit

madness
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Moore fined $20K for Jones hit (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/25/moore-fined-20k-for-jones-hit/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2011-08-25T09:09:13+0000"> August 25, 2011 – 9:09 am </abbr> </small>

Broncos S Rahim Moore’s vicious hit on Bills WR Donald Jones will make him much lighter in the wallet.

The league handed down a $20 thousand fine for the rookie safety (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18751891) for the hit he delivered on Jones last Saturday that knocked him out cold.

Jones is not expected to return to Buffalo’s lineup until the season opener.

Moore received a 15-yard personal foul penalty for the hit, which knocked Buffalo player Donald Jones from the game and incited tempers between the Bills' offense and the Broncos' defense. Moore did not return to the game, though it was a coaching decision, not an ejection.

DraftBoy
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I think the fine is excessive, I didnt the hit was that bad after seeing multiple replays. At full speed I was pissed, but in the end the only thing he did wrong was leave his feet. If that's worth $20K then James Harrison is in for a long season.

BillsWin
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Didn't like him launching himself but I feel like 20K might be excessive for this one hit.

He deserved a fine, but I don't know if it was malicious like the Harrison hits we see. Or that blatent dispicable hit by the Pats safety on the Ravens WR last season. Can't remember who it was. But it was with clear malicious intent.

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
i'm fine with the amount. it will make him think twice before launching himself again.

justasportsfan
08-25-2011, 11:46 AM
I hope Goodell donates the 20k to poor Ralphie. He needs the money because the bills aren't making any.

trapezeus
08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
i thought the hit was legal, but totally uncalled for with starters on the field. eveyrone on the field was making their respective teams. there was no need for that shot in a pre-season game.

i can maybe see it with people battling ot make a name for themselves.

i think if that was a regular season game and the bills hit a receiver like that, i'd have applauded and been shocked at the 15 yard penalty.