This season will be a success to me if.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

This season will be a success to me if.....

We move into the top 15 in D. That is it. Don't really care too much about the record, just want to see a potentially dangerous D moving forward.

Icing on the cake would be Spiller falling off the "Bust" radar.

Next year fix the O-line and find a QB and we'll be having some fun again.

I think any expectations beyond this are just wishful thinking. Just have some fun this year having an agressive, attacking D go headhunting every week.

What would be a realistic success to you?
    Last edited by BidsJr; 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • CleveSteve
    • Apr 2011

Re: This season will be a success to me if.....

Finish ahead of Miami.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

One year does not a bust make. Give him the rock more, he'll get it. Kid is a superstar.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CleveSteve
        Finish ahead of Miami.
        and finally beat the pats
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

It would be a success to me if i could get back to the point where I am actually excited around 12:30 PM on Sunday, rather than indifferent.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• El Guapo
            • May 2007

Originally posted by BidsJr
            We move into the top 15 in D. That is it. Don't really care too much about the record, just want to see a potentially dangerous D moving forward.

I think any expectations beyond this are just wishful thinking. Just have some fun this year having an agressive, attacking D go headhunting every week.

Yes, it would be a success to me. I do not believe this year will be much better than last, but if our D is respectable after last year's draft, I will be happy. That would be progress.
            A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i think the original post is very realistic in terms of "is the rebuild actually happening."

THe problem is that we have so little depth on the LB and secondary core that if we have a few injuries, i can imagine this defense being as bad as last year. especially if merriman or dareus gets hurt.

but if the starters look for real, and the bills supplement some depth with FA in the offseason, the defense may be set. they'll have to build the offense entirely through the draft like they want to.

that could go faster since we do have guys who are starters now who could be depth. On that OL all i see is wood as a definite. everyone else is fighting some adversity. even levitre who i thought was solid so far is getting knocked by the staff. i don't knkow if you can find 4 starting OL in one draft and a QB with only 1 first round pick.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BidsJr

I expect the Bills defense to be exciting this year & look forward to that. I am afraid that the offense will take a step or two back so lets hope the defense can put some points on the board.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

This season will be a success to me if.....this team actually resembles an NFL football team - with regard to play on the field and management off.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i think the original post is very realistic in terms of "is the rebuild actually happening."

THe problem is that we have so little depth on the LB and secondary core that if we have a few injuries, i can imagine this defense being as bad as last year. especially if merriman or dareus gets hurt.

but if the starters look for real, and the bills supplement some depth with FA in the offseason, the defense may be set. they'll have to build the offense entirely through the draft like they want to.

that could go faster since we do have guys who are starters now who could be depth. On that OL all i see is wood as a definite. everyone else is fighting some adversity. even levitre who i thought was solid so far is getting knocked by the staff. i don't knkow if you can find 4 starting OL in one draft and a QB with only 1 first round pick.

Imho, we have more LB Depth than we have had in almost 10 years. Secondary doesn't suck that much either.
                    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Mski
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                      This season will be a success to me if.....this team actually resembles an NFL football team - with regard to play on the field and management off.
                      so the seasons already a total failure for you too?
                      RIP Tommy D!
                      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

This season will be a success to me if I have a good time.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mski
                          so the seasons already a total failure for you too?
                          There are 16 games for them to redeem.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

This is a nice, happy thread!

I enjoy a little optimism.

I hope what you are saying comes true. I hope our D is on the way up. That being said...we played a lot of really close games last year, and if our D had not been so atrocious; we would have won at least 3, maybe 4 more games.

The offense has gotten so horrible, when last year it was all about the D...that isn't very consistent, but negativity is about the only consistent thing here. For the amount of talk of realism; it sure seems to be in short supply as well.

If our D, who are all young, begins to solidify, I would be encouraged. THAT IS WHAT A REBUILD LOOKS LIKE.

The same people that cried about Lee Evans are the same ones crying he is gone. The same goes with Poz, Whitner etc. The players that were "mediocre at best" that nobody liked are gone, and now they are pissing and moaning about it.

People were never going to like a true rebuild, because it takes time to reorganize a ****ed up organization. They would have rather brought in a bunch of vets, who because of the CBA bull****, were all 5+ year players. FA's demand a bunch of money, because they have several teams bidding for their services, so you have to give them money and contract length to outbid the other teams. Why bring in expensive, old (relatively) speaking players when you don't have a core? You are wasting the money and taking PT away from those that will make up the core.

Extending Williams is a good example of how to build a team. Draft players, get a feel for who fits/pans out etc, then extend them. When you are getting close, and only need a few pieces to put you over the top; you get those pieces. Otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

A lot of people hate the offensive line, and I am not accusing them of being All-Pros, but there has been no changes from last year. That being said, remember how much better they started playing when we put Fitz in? Remember how Edwards won the starting QB job because he was good in practice? Remember people saying that Fitz didn't beat him out because he was a gameday QB that didn't practice as well? Maybe you don't, but I do.

This team is going to be fine. I wish it would be this year, but I acknowledge that it might not be. I also acknowledge that there are teams EVERY YEAR that nobody expects to be good that are. Every single year there are teams that are a surprise.

I won't ask why it couldn't happen to us, because I know what the answers are. I will say that it can happen to anybody, and that includes us, and it just might. If you disagree with that because it threatens your misery; let's agree to disagree.

I would say that it would be great to be cheering with everybody if we made the playoffs, but the same people that cry and complain wouldn't be satisfied with that, either.

Go Bills!

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

2-14

draft luck

beat new england twice
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X