bf1
08-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I wholeheartedly REJECT the apology.

BertSquirtgum
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
what a moran

BLeonard
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
In the end, it seems as if he's learned a lesson and, he might even have fired Merriman up a bit to go out and have an even better year.

It's a lot better than some "journalists" out there that blatantly lie about a story, which can be PROVEN wrong, yet never issue a retraction, let alone an apology.

-Bill

better days
08-26-2011, 01:40 PM
I wholeheartedly REJECT the apology.

That was probably the WORST appology I have ever read. TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE. His apology lacks sincerity & apears that he gave it only because of the flack he has taken. He says I deserve much of it. NO Pat you deserve ALL of it.

better days
08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
In the end, it seems as if he's learned a lesson and, he might even have fired Merriman up a bit to go out and have an even better year.

It's a lot better than some "journalists" out there that blatantly lie about a story, which can be PROVEN wrong, yet never issue a retraction, let alone an apology.

-Bill

Any "journalists" that try to destroy another persons reputation as Pat Moran did, will receive the same criticism Pat did & will have to issue some sort of lame appology as Pat did in order to "move on" as Pat hopes to do.

Novacane
08-26-2011, 01:47 PM
That's nice but once your cred is gone....................it's gone for good as far as I'm concerned.

madness
08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
He just needs to apologize to his daughter.

feldspar
08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
http://www.mileanhour.com/files/2010/1/ccf9a377-a38c-4d2d-bf36-3ec0.bmp

psubills62
08-26-2011, 01:57 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hy0KroRHdmc/TUxPZFpaS4I/AAAAAAAAAnU/J8UVzjp5ve8/s1600/internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Historian
08-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I know there’s a large smattering of people waiting to see what I’m going to write next.

Not really.

Forward_Lateral
08-26-2011, 01:59 PM
He should just stick to covering high school sports (which he is very good at), and he'll be fine.

BillsWin
08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Pat,

Lesson well learned. You're trying your hardest to me the next Adam Schefter. Not all good sports journalism is investigative and breaking. Some of the better "commentators" out there are columnists and editorial writers. Not Jason LaCanforas or Jay Glazers or Schefters or John Claytons.

Your site has potential to be a valued source of information and opinion to Bills fans everywhere. By launching the site and creating a base of followers, you've accomplished more in a short time than some of the major blog sites out there.

BUT, you also chose the path less traveled. One that is a "short cut" to a career. By doing that, you may have missed out on some of the training in journalism and ethics that others get by working in the media for an extended time prior to launching their own sites.

You will now continue to learn by trial and error. What will separate you from the "hack journalists" out there, is if you learn from it and better yourself. I feel like you can do it.

I harbor no ill feelings towards you or the Merriman piece.

Good luck as you continue your career.

better days
08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
He should just stick to covering high school sports (which he is very good at), and he'll be fine.

Yeah, as long as he really has learned his lesson & does not try to destroy some poor kids life.

bf1
08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Pat's best piece of work was that Moulds interview. He should do that stuff. Make a name for himself that way. Not by trying to be Geraldo Rivera.

bills4ver
08-26-2011, 02:18 PM
haha guy really is a moron, he just needs to stop - and shut that crappy site down

Ebenezer
08-26-2011, 02:19 PM
These two threads came up in order when I hit the "new posts" button....

"Joke of the Day....."
"Pat Moran Apologies"

Says it all.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-26-2011, 02:25 PM
He continues to make excuses even in an apology. Saying well I made a mistake but I didnt really lie but I cant tell you anyway, just trust me.

trapezeus
08-26-2011, 02:28 PM
and if Pat was right, we would have been grateful for his inside scoop. there are only so many times we can say the bills suck and ralph is cheap. it's the news stories and such that make it fun when we blow through our talking points.

Pat, failing is always an education. and failing is a result of bad decisions. but bad decisions leads to experience and experience leads to good decisions. And of course good decisions lead some success.

Keep doing what it is you are doing.

better days
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
and if Pat was right, we would have been grateful for his inside scoop. there are only so many times we can say the bills suck and ralph is cheap. it's the news stories and such that make it fun when we blow through our talking points.

Pat, failing is always an education. and failing is a result of bad decisions. but bad decisions leads to experience and experience leads to good decisions. And of course good decisions lead some success.

Keep doing what it is you are doing.

Keep doing what you are doing? Yeah what difference does it matter that your incompetence can ruin another persons reputation.

Buffalogic
08-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Not really. lol Pat's such a tool.

BlackMetalNinja
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I won't even give him the hit on his site by clicking that link... I took a ton of crap around here for the better part of a year for criticizing his "journalistic style" and constant lack of commitment to a story, but it seems as though a great deal more people now share my point of view. 95% of his "news" is nothing but regurgitation of facts from other places... The other 5% is garbage from "sources" like this. His track record ought to speak for itself at this point.

Beebe's Kid
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
The reactions in this thread are hilarious.

All of the people that will never put their balls on the line have a lot of strong words. If you never take the shot, you never score the goal.

Pat is alright.

He thought he had a story that was going to be big for him...and it was. It didn't pan out like he thought it would, and that is fortunate for Merrriman; but unfortunate for Pat.

To come into the forum and take shots at the guy for trying...now that take a lot of chutzpah. Well played. The biggest problem is that Pat values the opinions of the people here, when they are rooting for him to fail. They root for him to fail because they'll never succeed because they don't have the balls to try.

Well, I think the apology is the right thing to do. I would disagree with the trying to validate himself at all, but the intent was sincere. I would have just said I ****ed up and I was sorry. That is how you learn, and how you don't let yourself get haunted by your **** ups. I tried, I failed, I'm sorry. When you worry about validating yourself to the vultures, you are only hurting yourself. The people that will never try, or the armchair QB's, are not going to respect it, and you are carrying the baggage around.

Clean your side of the street and be proud of yourself for giving it a real effort. If not, you can probably find somebody to pile on that will make the effort. Then you can tell them how ****ed up they are, and insulate yourself from failure by being to scared to try.

Dust yourself off and try again, and don't let the Internet "tough" guys bring you down their level. At the end of the day, succeed or fail, they'll still be here if you want to come back and get beat on.

tampabay25690
08-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Thats why I can't stand media.......
Sorry to those that may be part of the media.........

psubills62
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I won't even give him the hit on his site by clicking that link... I took a ton of crap around here for the better part of a year for criticizing his "journalistic style" and constant lack of commitment to a story, but it seems as though a great deal more people now share my point of view. 95% of his "news" is nothing but regurgitation of facts from other places... The other 5% is garbage from "sources" like this. His track record ought to speak for itself at this point.
So I'm guessing you don't like ESPN?

better days
08-26-2011, 03:08 PM

All of the people that will never put their balls on the line have a lot of strong words. If you never take the shot, you never score the goal.

Pat is alright.

He thought he had a story that was going to be big for him...and it was. It didn't pan out like he thought it would, and that is fortunate for Merrriman; but unfortunate for Pat.

To come into the forum and take shots at the guy for trying...now that take a lot of chutzpah. Well played. The biggest problem is that Pat values the opinions of the people here, when they are rooting for him to fail. They root for him to fail because they'll never succeed because they don't have the balls to try.

Well, I think the apology is the right thing to do. I would disagree with the trying to validate himself at all, but the intent was sincere. I would have just said I ****ed up and I was sorry. That is how you learn, and how you don't let yourself get haunted by your **** ups. I tried, I failed, I'm sorry. When you worry about validating yourself to the vultures, you are only hurting yourself. The people that will never try, or the armchair QB's, are not going to respect it, and you are carrying the baggage around.

Clean your side of the street and be proud of yourself for giving it a real effort. If not, you can probably find somebody to pile on that will make the effort. Then you can tell them how ****ed up they are, and insulate yourself from failure by being to scared to try.

Dust yourself off and try again, and don't let the Internet "tough" guys bring you down their level. At the end of the day, succeed or fail, they'll still be here if you want to come back and get beat on.

IF you think Merriman was fortunate to have his NAME & reputation dragged through the mud by Pat Moran, you are CRAZY.

Tough guy putting his balls on the line? He put Merrimans balls on the line.

psubills62
08-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Keep doing what you are doing? Yeah what difference does it matter that your incompetence can ruin another persons reputation.
Because Merriman had such a squeaky clean reputation before this?

Some people sure are taking this rather seriously.

better days
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Because Merriman had such a squeaky clean reputation before this?

Some people sure are taking this rather seriously.

It is SERIOUS. People that read about this all over the Country & don't know what a tool Pat Moran is will choose to believe this crap that Pat put out even though it is total BS.

So because Merriman made mistakes before it is OK to FALSELY accuse him FOREVER MORE?

justasportsfan
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM

but those who put their balls on the line could end up being castrated.

wmoz11
08-26-2011, 03:17 PM
I still don't understand how someone could sit on a story for 3 weeks, go through the entire process needed to check the source and details, and still print that he got busted with steroids when there weren't any actual steriods.

That's shocking to me.

That being said, good for Pat. It doesn't restore any credibility in my eyes, but it does make him look like a guy who made an honest mistake - rather than an *******.

Like he said, investigative reporting may not be his thing, but he can still (and does) produce items of substance; be they Bills-related or otherwise.

psubills62
08-26-2011, 03:26 PM
It is SERIOUS. People that read about this all over the Country & don't know what a tool Pat Moran is will choose to believe this crap that Pat put out even though it is total BS.

So because Merriman made mistakes before it is OK to FALSELY accuse him FOREVER MORE?
Everyone I've seen assumed Merriman has been taking steroids even before the story. I've seen several people say "look how he's returning, must be on something."

I never said it was OK to falsely accuse anyone. Just saying he's already got a reputation. For most people who follow football, Pat's story would have just been further confirmation and nothing more. It's not like he put out a story about Peyton Manning being caught with them.

Buffalogic
08-26-2011, 03:27 PM

Yes because it takes balls to make up lies and try to force feed them as truths.

acehole
08-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Inaccuracies are what the media does best...

Congrats Pat you are one of the elite now.

Really Pat nobody give a dam...move along.

Props to Pat... Lesson learned!

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/an-apology-to-merriman-and-everyone-else/

sdbillsfan2
08-26-2011, 03:49 PM
So I guess anyday now Merriman will be issuing an apology to NFL fans ,especially Charger fans for cheating when he was caught a few years ago. I'll take an apology from a guy that admitted he screwed up faster then a guy who cheapens the game by cheating. One screwed up by self admitted incompetence, the other ....... ?
But since I'm not perfect like so many of the posters here ..I'll leave it at that .

better days
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Everyone I've seen assumed Merriman has been taking steroids even before the story. I've seen several people say "look how he's returning, must be on something."

I never said it was OK to falsely accuse anyone. Just saying he's already got a reputation. For most people who follow football, Pat's story would have just been further confirmation and nothing more. It's not like he put out a story about Peyton Manning being caught with them.

The fact Merriman has a reputation already makes the Moran story believeable in many peoples eyes, even though it is totally FALSE. In other words it is confirmation to many people, but it is FALSE confirmation.

And as I said Pats appology was nothing more than a lame self serving piece of crap & hardly an apology at all. To say he deserved much of the criticism? He deserved ALL of the criticism.

trapezeus
08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
have you been 100% accurate at your job? most of us have not been. You apologize as sincerely as you can and you move on with the expectation you won't do the same thing.

yeah, he got it wrong. he said as much. what more can we ask from him? that he stop posting here?

he's brought in some interesting stuff in the past as well.

this piece sucked. i said it when i read the article. i didn't get what he was breaking since there was absolutely no detail. he promised a story was going to break as though the Bills would comment on it. nothing happened. he was wrong.

he did get up and post an apology. if he does it again, then he's being a dick about things. if he learns from it, i don't see the point of not forgiving the guy.

that's my only point.

better days
08-26-2011, 04:15 PM
have you been 100% accurate at your job? most of us have not been. You apologize as sincerely as you can and you move on with the expectation you won't do the same thing.

yeah, he got it wrong. he said as much. what more can we ask from him? that he stop posting here?

he's brought in some interesting stuff in the past as well.

this piece sucked. i said it when i read the article. i didn't get what he was breaking since there was absolutely no detail. he promised a story was going to break as though the Bills would comment on it. nothing happened. he was wrong.

he did get up and post an apology. if he does it again, then he's being a dick about things. if he learns from it, i don't see the point of not forgiving the guy.

that's my only point.

I have made many mistakes in my life, but I can honestly say I never purposely set out to destroy another persons reputation to try to enhance my own which is what Moran did.

Pat should have made an immediate sincere apology. He did neither. His apology was not immediate nor sincere. I believe Pat only made that LAME apology was because of all the flack he has deservedly received.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2011, 04:16 PM
So I guess anyday now Merriman will be issuing an apology to NFL fans ,especially Charger fans for cheating when he was caught a few years ago. I'll take an apology from a guy that admitted he screwed up faster then a guy who cheapens the game by cheating. One screwed up by self admitted incompetence, the other ....... ?
But since I'm not perfect like so many of the posters here ..I'll leave it at that .

I usually don't fly off the handle, but how much of a jackass can you be to say that?

Merriman was caught with steroids in his system, and has been tested and passed since then. I think he really should apologize for all those sacks, that 17 sack season, and his dominance in the NFL since then. As a Bills fan? You can rip him all you want, follow the Moran route and try to bury him, but he's on this team and he is trying as an NFL player to contribute. Again, please, PLEASE, try to bury him!

He's human. He tried to make himself better, albeit the wrong way, but how much honestly can steroids affect a game where split second decisions, inhuman strength and fierce competitiveness?

He learned his lesson, he doesn't do it anymore, and the man bases his entire CAREER on an NFL paycheck and strives to be a part of that elite. If you want to send that type of player below the border, ESPECIALLY as a Bills fan, who we need everyone we can, then you deserve to apologize when he's done nothing wrong begging and sucking up for a story.

So you go ahead and wait for his ass to apologize for doing nothing wrong in the recent future than doing his damn job, but I'm not sitting quietly on that negligence... Keep sticking up for Moran if you want over busch league media.

feldspar
08-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Don't know if this was posted here or not, but check out this scoop.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/a_woman_claims_she_knows_shawne_merriman_took_steroids_and_other_drugs/6351415

Maybe this was one of Moran's sources...

Raptor
08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
So he "apologizes" but still says hes right about everything

better days
08-26-2011, 05:11 PM
So he "apologizes" but still says hes right about everything

Exactly. He said "I've wrestled daily, almost hourly over further EXPLOITING what actually happened." In other words, Pat had no interest in reporting a story, his interest was to EXPLOIT a story (TRUE OR NOT) for his own benefit & nothing more.

His so called apology is nothing more than him giving excuses for his false report & not an apology at all.

TigerJ
08-26-2011, 06:11 PM
I did not read the apology, nor did I take the original report very seriously. Ultimately, the guy who was hurt in all this, Shawn Merriman is the one to decide if the apology is sincere and if he wants to accept it. Pat has broken some stories here that have proven to be true, and some that have not.

Also, I think Pat has to decide what kind of journalist he's going to be. There are some who are very careful and try to get confirmation from several sources when they have an explosive lead. Sometimes they risk not being the one to break something big because they are careful. There are others who are out on the fringe, who will sometimes break a big one because they are willing to take a chance. Then they also bear the risk of exactly what happened to Pat.

All I can say is, Pat, if you want to be the former, and gain a reputation for solid accurate reporting, you probably won't be allowed many more mulligans before your future is shot, if it isn't already. Some time, when you break a story like that, which turns out to be groundless, you could well find yourself facing a lawsuit for libel, and then you'll really feel the heat.

Goobylal
08-26-2011, 06:33 PM
The "apology" just pisses me off even more. So he had THREE WEEKS to verify the story before breaking it, but he couldn't get the most important piece, i.e. WHAT Merriman was allegedly "busted" with, right? That my friends is no mistake: it's bold-faced lying.

And when it was soon-after reported that Merriman was not "busted" and therefore there was no evidence and thus nothing to pursue, it made it clear that he was willing to hurt Merriman's image +/- "his" team in exchange for personal gain. Again, not a mistake, and completely reprehensible.

And even in his "apology," he says that while he admits it wasn't steroids, it WAS something else, but he won't divulge his source (not that it matters because without being "busted" and there being evidence, his source's word means nothing). That's not taking responsibility.

chernobylwraiths
08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Trust - hard to gain, easy to lose

YardRat
08-26-2011, 07:10 PM
It's much easier to say "I'm sorry" after the fact than ask permission in the first place.

cpearl
08-26-2011, 07:41 PM
" I learned that I don’t have the conscious to potentially bring someone down"

Nice use of the English language. You mean conscience? (Which still isn't even the right word)

Night Train
08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Let's put this in perspective.

Some people cannot handle the internet.

Goobylal
08-26-2011, 08:20 PM
" I learned that I don’t have the conscious to potentially bring someone down"

Nice use of the English language. You mean conscience? (Which still isn't even the right word)
He doesn't know proper grammar, OR what it would take to potentially bring someone down. Merely having some guy claim Merriman had something without proof is like having nothing at all.

Billz_fan
08-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I loved reading this thread. The thing that stands out the most to me is how the people that dislike Pat use words and phrases like no credibility, hack, incompetence, moran or moron, his site is crappy, anyway you get the idea.

So how does a guy who has no talent, and is a moron and has no credability with a lousy site have the power to ruin Merriman's career :laughter:

I have no real feelings one way or the other on Pat. He is just a guy trying to do something with himself that he loves to do. He screwed up, he apologized and he will probably screw up again at some point. He may not make it doing this kind of work or he may make out just fine. I think though he will be at peace with himself in the end for trying to do what makes him happy. Most people never get the chance to do something they love to do and in that respect I hope he makes it.

Goobylal
08-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I loved reading this thread. The thing that stands out the most to me is how the people that dislike Pat use words and phrases like no credibility, hack, incompetence, moran or moron, his site is crappy, anyway you get the idea.

So how does a guy who has no talent, and is a moron and has no credability with a lousy site have the power to ruin Merriman's career :laughter:

I have no real feelings one way or the other on Pat. He is just a guy trying to do something with himself that he loves to do. He screwed up, he apologized and he will probably screw up again at some point. He may not make it doing this kind of work or he may make out just fine. I think though he will be at peace with himself in the end for trying to do what makes him happy. Most people never get the chance to do something they love to do and in that respect I hope he makes it.
What was the point of running the story then? Obviously the ultimate goal was to get it investigated and proven right. Which would have done...what?

Again, that he had THREE WEEKS to investigate the story, but couldn't even get the details right on the MAIN ISSUE of the story (what he was caught with), is unbelievable. He's got no cred anymore.

better days
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM

READ HIS SO CALLED APOLOGY. It was nothing more than excuses for his doing what he did. He even accuses Marriman of having something on him & it not being just a routine stop in his Apology.

YOU DO NOT MAKE FURTHER ACCUSATIONS IN AN APOLOGY.

Mindbender
08-26-2011, 08:53 PM
I used to wonder why Pat got such a hard time on this board. I think I might have actually defended him once or twice. I don't wonder any more. He writes trash.

jcdavey
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
it's got no credibility at all because he doesn't name what was actually found on merriman, in this "non routine" border stop

it's not a real apology, because he's still claiming knowledge of the situation that he won't divulge

Billz_fan
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow you guys were really impacted by this. Pat has the power to get you guys all riled up. He must have something going for him. Typing in caps and **** :lol:

The power of the press :D

PS, Im just messing with you guys ;)

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2011, 09:10 PM
There is no accountability in the world of sports journalism. You consistently get things wrong and there are no consequences.

better days
08-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow you guys were really impacted by this. Pat has the power to get you guys all riled up. He must have something going for him. Typing in caps and **** :lol:

The power of the press :D

PS, Im just messing with you guys ;)

Yeah, I have to admit to being riled up. I hate to see a Bills player falsely accused by the "media" especially by someone that also claims to be a Bills fan.

Then to make matters worse his "apology" when it comes is nothing more than an attempt to explain his behavior with excuses & more accusations.

It was not an apology at all.

jcdavey
08-27-2011, 01:50 AM
i'm not even a bills fan, but poor and false reporting bugs the **** out of me

alohabillsfan
08-27-2011, 06:14 AM
OK lets settle this once and for all, Pat is not the media! Pat is not a journalist!
Pat is just some guy like many others that pretend to be something because they post on a message board and have a website. There are a few others out there still pretending...Im thinking of starting an XXX website and calling myself a pornstar!!!

Historian
08-27-2011, 06:19 AM
This kid makes Mark Weiler look like Irv Weinstein...

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Besides doing a better job of reporting he badly needs an editor. My writing ain't great, but come on...........

I think Chern almost had a heart attack reading that article. Or an orgasm. Maybe both.

Yasgur's Farm
08-27-2011, 07:14 AM
He doesn't know proper grammar, OR what it would take to potentially bring someone down. Merely having some guy claim Merriman had something without proof is like having nothing at all.NOR

Dozerdog
08-27-2011, 07:38 AM
Don't know if this was posted here or not, but check out this scoop.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/a_woman_claims_she_knows_shawne_merriman_took_steroids_and_other_drugs/6351415

Maybe this was one of Moran's sources... All I got to say is .....WOW...... That link to Media Take Out reads like a Penthouse Forum Letter.

He moaned so loud. That only lasted a few minutes before he came. I'm pretty sure he's on something because every time he came he would scream so loud and his body would tremble.

Too funny

camelcowboy
08-27-2011, 07:44 AM
Im just having fun seeing the bang for bucks chicks in many of your sigs

Dozerdog
08-27-2011, 07:49 AM
In all seriousness- for those who think Pat "made a mistake" and "learned his lesson" don't know his history.

For the past decade, he's been sending typo riddled, badly crafted, unverified, and basically stolen material to the public.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=23819

8 years ago- he lifted a number of articles, player interviews (We had one from Don Beebe) , cap information, and other stuff from this site and printed them in his printed newspaper Buffalo Sports Report. He gave us credit- but we only found out about it .....or even got wind of it ..... by coming across it in a Wegman's news stand. And he butchered everyone's names to boot.

Pat Moran is more sports journalism entertainment for me -sort of like The Onion - but what makes it funnier is that it's an actual serious attempt at it. I'm not a hater, just an educated sports fan who knows not to believe everything you read ..... from him.

Keep the laughs coming, Pat!

Night Train
08-27-2011, 08:02 AM
Obviously thinks " If Florio can get picked up by someone, why not me ? "

JohnnyGold
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
is this the same guy that was all over donte whitner, and trashing him, because he decided to sign with the 49ers instead of the bengals, after he had "broken" the story of the cincy signing?

better days
08-27-2011, 08:32 AM
is this the same guy that was all over donte whitner, and trashing him, because he decided to sign with the 49ers instead of the bengals, after he had "broken" the story of the cincy signing?

No, that was Coach Sal. And the situation was totally different. Donte himself told Sal he was going to sign with the Bengals.

JohnnyGold
08-27-2011, 08:47 AM
No, that was Coach Sal. And the situation was totally different. Donte himself told Sal he was going to sign with the Bengals.

ahhh gotcha, thanks.

it's all the same to me man.

"breaking" a news story... this isn't the watergate era anymore. it's not like you're the first to get something into print. you're just the first to get it on the interwebs. hell, with twitter, facebook, blogs, et. al, breaking news is just so insignificant.

i'd respect pat moran more if instead of trying to "break" news about merriman getting busted at the border, he gave me a 10,000 word piece on the bills linebackers. where they stand, what they need, where theyre going, who to look for in free agency, who to draft, who to watch this season, etc..

it's why bill simmons get's so many hits on grantland instead of john clayton on espn.

ParanoidAndroid
08-27-2011, 10:02 AM
If he wants to be a journalist, he really needs to stick with the basics for now. If you read his apology, you see how much work his writing skills need. He's at a high school level.

better days
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
If he wants to be a journalist, he really needs to stick with the basics for now. If you read his apology, you see how much work his writing skills need. He's at a high school level.

Barely.

Goobylal
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
NOR
Wrong.

Novacane
08-27-2011, 03:45 PM

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wish anyone to fail. It used to be a minority that trashed Pat and I defended him against those posters. The ones that won't listen to him anymore are now a majority and it's no ones fault but Pat. I'm guessing Pat is probably a nice guy. However, he can't have twitter wars with Donte Whitner and be talking about fighting him then running stories like his Merriman thing and expect people to take you serious as a journalist. This has nothing to do with haters that want someone to fail.

The Popcorn
08-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Is this the guy that wanted to get beat up by Donte Whitner?

The Popcorn
08-29-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm guessing Pat is probably a nice guy. However, he can't have twitter wars with Donte Whitner and be talking about fighting him

Novacane just answered my question.

hammerbillsfan
08-29-2011, 05:01 PM
In all seriousness- for those who think Pat "made a mistake" and "learned his lesson" don't know his history.

For the past decade, he's been sending typo riddled, badly crafted, unverified, and basically stolen material to the public.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=23819

8 years ago- he lifted a number of articles, player interviews (We had one from Don Beebe) , cap information, and other stuff from this site and printed them in his printed newspaper Buffalo Sports Report. He gave us credit- but we only found out about it .....or even got wind of it ..... by coming across it in a Wegman's news stand. And he butchered everyone's names to boot.

Pat Moran is more sports journalism entertainment for me -sort of like The Onion - but what makes it funnier is that it's an actual serious attempt at it. I'm not a hater, just an educated sports fan who knows not to believe everything you read ..... from him.

Keep the laughs coming, Pat!

:rofl: Chump and Eds Corner

HAMMER
08-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Is this the guy that wanted to get beat up by Donte Whitner?

He was, and even that wasn't an original idea. About five years ago he and I were going round and round, I gave him the moniker "Junior Journalist". I challenged him to a boxing match at the home opener at the BZ tailgate. He wussed and then cried to the mods who eventually shut me down from ever being able to see his posts.

Crisis
08-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Does anybody give a **** what patmoran says?

Snoop?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7s8dzph1qbf2ys.gif

Weezy ?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7upvLpi1qc87wk.gif

Kanye ?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9o7v46S811qc87wk.gif

Kingsley?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3w4s7xoDF1qari18.gif

Nicki?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9dotzYycR1qadtw8.gif

Tyga?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgbw9sJw9A1qf6grw.gif

Baby?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgc2hocPa51qzgzxj.gif

Justin?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgn18lux5G1qe53tk.gif

Dumbledore?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgwi9kUAOd1qa1uh9.gif

Selena?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgwiewo9s01qafhbw.gif

Cat?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l83wg2my8d1qa8y6t.gif

David?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxzb6YMit1qb5s63.gif

Michael?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxzc6fwiD1qb5s63.gif

Oprah?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxun5yex91qb0lgl.gif

Jake?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxroxelkf1qb0lgl.gif

Tony?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzes1drsw1qbr74z.gif

Helena?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzh20ik7E1qahei0.gif

Kate?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzh3yD9ZI1qahei0.gif

Tina?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzhhb7yBq1qam5pw.gif

Jimmy?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfhkurdh0U1qbaooa.gif

Seth?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgzj8pJ7so1qcxzbi.gif

Jennifer?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh3hejbEZH1qc3yrx.gif

justasportsfan
08-29-2011, 10:26 PM
.Im thinking of starting an XXX website and calling myself a pornstar!!!

Crystal (Creez-tol) would sound like a good name for you. :naughty:

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Crisis...you may have too much time on your hands...but I applaud the post.

:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Crisis - that is funny, but the Astley one might offend the kids (i.e justa).

Sorry man. Can you take it out?

Crisis
08-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Crisis - that is funny, but the Astley one might offend the kids (i.e justa).

Sorry man. Can you take it out?

I took a few NSFW ones out earlier but forgot that one! It's gone now.

justasportsfan
08-29-2011, 11:43 PM
please pm me what I am offended of

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-30-2011, 12:50 PM
There are some of us here who know the truth about this incident.

BertSquirtgum
08-30-2011, 12:55 PM
what a moran

Dozerdog
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I find the cat one offensive too!

trapezeus
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
more sports journalism entertainment for me -sort of like The Onion -

Can we do that this year? make a fake onion-like bills recap of the game with fake quotes etc? this could be fun/funny to read each week after a disasterous performance by the team.

Goobylal
08-30-2011, 06:07 PM
There are some of us here who know the truth about this incident.
If it involves Merriman being caught with some other banned NFL substance, the time has long since passed and no one cares anymore. After the mouthpiece for this "story," Moran, screwed the pooch by screaming "Merriman was busted with steroids, may my daughter get hit by a car if I'm lying!" only to crawl back a week later and admit his 3 week investigation into the "story" fugged-up the most important detail of the story, it's a non-story now. Even moreso since there is no proof of the alleged banned substance(s) Merriman allegedly had.

justasportsfan
08-30-2011, 06:43 PM
for those who don't like Moran, he's still getting attention as long as this thread keeps getting bumped up.

Goobylal
08-30-2011, 06:54 PM
for those who don't like Moran, he's still getting attention as long as this thread keeps getting bumped up.
He's being talked about (negatively). But I haven't and won't ever click on his site. So he gains nothing from me, at least.

justasportsfan
08-30-2011, 07:02 PM
He's being talked about (negatively). But I haven't and won't ever click on his site. So he gains nothing from me, at least.
negative attention is better than no attention especially for someone hoping to get any attention.

Goobylal
08-30-2011, 07:10 PM
negative attention is better than no attention especially for someone hoping to get any attention.
Ah, the old Oscar Wilde quote! The problem is ultimately, style without substance doesn't last.

better days
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
If it involves Merriman being caught with some other banned NFL substance, the time has long since passed and no one cares anymore. After the mouthpiece for this "story," Moran, screwed the pooch by screaming "Merriman was busted with steroids, may my daughter get hit by a car if I'm lying!" only to crawl back a week later and admit his 3 week investigation into the "story" fugged-up the most important detail of the story, it's a non-story now. Even moreso since there is no proof of the alleged banned substance(s) Merriman allegedly had.

I don't believe for one minute Moran knows ANYTHING about Merriman other than he was stopped at the border. As are THOUSANDS of other people.

If he KNEW of another substance instead of steroids, he would have just said "I made a mistake about it being steroids, I MEANT to say it was HGH" (or whatever drug he wanted to make up).

Now he did do just that in his so called "apology" without naming ANYTHING but if he had any REAL KNOWLEDGE he would have said something much sooner...........especially after saying may my daughter be run over. That is just SO WRONG.

Commissioner
09-07-2011, 11:18 AM
I feel bad for Moran because I know what he said is true... confirmed through 3 different sources. One being a prominent Buffalo Bill.

HGH is not illegal to use from what I understand, which is probably why Merriman wasn't charged.

better days
09-07-2011, 11:28 AM
I feel bad for Moran because I know what he said is true... confirmed through 3 different sources. One being a prominent Buffalo Bill.

HGH is not illegal to use from what I understand, which is probably why Merriman wasn't charged.

Moran reported STEROIDS. So it was not true. In the second place, unless you can name these 3 people why should anyone believe you ar Pat?

I feel bad for Merriman because I was on a Chiefs board yesterday & people on that board were saying that Merriman was caught at the border with STEROIDS & wondering why he wasn't suspended.

Pat Moran SLANDERED Merriman, & unless you have something to back up your accusations, I consider you a slanderer as well.

Goobylal
09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't believe for one minute Moran knows ANYTHING about Merriman other than he was stopped at the border. As are THOUSANDS of other people.

If he KNEW of another substance instead of steroids, he would have just said "I made a mistake about it being steroids, I MEANT to say it was HGH" (or whatever drug he wanted to make up).

Now he did do just that in his so called "apology" without naming ANYTHING but if he had any REAL KNOWLEDGE he would have said something much sooner...........especially after saying may my daughter be run over. That is just SO WRONG.
I still can't fathom how he could get the most important detail of the "story" wrong. And not correct it until a week later. That right there is reasonable doubt, no matter how many "sources" confirm it.

But if he is using HGH, he joins about 90% of other players who are using it.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 11:31 AM
For the love of God, just stop.

Talk a dead horse.

And btw its not slander.

The King
09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Merriman forgave him but you guys wont.

better days
09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
For the love of God, just stop.

Talk a dead horse.

And btw its not slander.

Fine, he libeled Merriman how is that.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Fine, he libeled Merriman how is that.

That is far more accurate in terms of your accusation.

I dont agree and I think this whole mess is so ridiculously out of reality that its gone from a mistake to a punch line.

Its over, move on, and can we please just talk about football??

sdbillsfan2
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
With all due respect .....some people are bordering on obsessive regarding pat moran. get over it ,you can't say anything different then you have said in your previous 20-25 posts. I doubt if Merriman himself is bothered by it anymore!

better days
09-07-2011, 11:59 AM
That is far more accurate in terms of your accusation.

I dont agree and I think this whole mess is so ridiculously out of reality that its gone from a mistake to a punch line.

Its over, move on, and can we please just talk about football??

I did not bump this thread, I just responded to it after it was bumped. What I said is a FACT, not an accusation.

better days
09-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Merriman forgave him but you guys wont.

I don't think Merriman had much choice but to take the high road because of his past. He just wants the attention to go away. In his heart if he forgives Pat or not, only he knows.

DraftBoy
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I did not bump this thread, I just responded to it after it was bumped. What I said is a FACT, not an accusation.

No its an accusation, and you would have a hell of time actually getting a court to agree with your interpretation of said "fact".

better days
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
No its an accusation, and you would have a hell of time actually getting a court to agree with your interpretation of said "fact".

No it is a FACT. I will grant that it would be hard to prove in a court of law because Merriman is a public figure so he would have to prove Moran libeled him with malice.