• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Tebow on the trading block?

Sources report Denver Broncos QB Tim Tebow is on the trading block, Miami Dolphins, NY Jets a possibility

According to ESPN The Zone 93.1 FM the Broncos have placed QB Tim Tebow on the trade block

he is always a topic somewhere on the board so why not bring him up again
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Tebow on the trading block?

Prior to Thigpen and Smith signings I wouldn't doubt a move for Tebow at a low price. But I don't think he is in the Bills' plans at the moment.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• BLeonard
      BoB Sabermetrician
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
      Prior to Thigpen and Smith signings I wouldn't doubt a move for Tebow at a low price. But I don't think he is in the Bills' plans at the moment.
      Not if the Bills really want to improve... Now, if they want to get some ticket and jersey sales...

-Bill

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

If true, the Broncos must plan on Orton being the long term QB.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
          If true, the Broncos must plan on Orton being the long term QB.
          If true then Tebow has fewer qualifications to be an NFL QB than most thought.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
            • Feb 2010

Tim Tebow is the truth, truth!!!
            "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

it would not shock me to see us give a 4th up for him. not at all. gailey is a florida QB and he loves the kid and to gailey 2 years of riding the pine and watching from the sidelines will be well worth it in the long run for the kid. my feeling is that i wouldnt be surprised if they did make this trade.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                Tebow will find a home. Like most QB's however he needs to go to a team that believes in him & will put him in a system that takes advantage of his strengths.

I think he would do very well with Chan in Buffalo, but I don't want to see him come here because it would be worse than the JP/Trent debacle on this board.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

Not sure about most. Alot of people thought he had bust written all over him.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

If putting a player who sucks on the block means no trade happens a la maybin, I'll be annoyed that we trade for him when he could just come free.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      If putting a player who sucks on the block means no trade happens a la maybin, I'll be annoyed that we trade for him when he could just come free.
                      Tebow will not be an ala maybin and come for free no way. I would not like to see us get him but theres going to be a team out tehre that says yea a mid round pick why not .

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                        • Jan 2010

The answer is nooo the bills have a good shot at jones next year I don't want to delay us getting a franchise qb by trading for teblow

Comment

• dannyek71
                          Drink Responsibly
                          • Dec 2004

Id give up a 6th for him. After Fitzy gets killed because our OL sucks, we will need someone to QB.
                          [

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lightningbolt444
                            Tebow will not be an ala maybin and come for free no way. I would not like to see us get him but theres going to be a team out tehre that says yea a mid round pick why not .
                            the jets were tied to him in that tweet.. they lost brad smith.. tebow can run there version of the wildcat... i would rather see the bills trade baltimore's 4th which will not be a high 4th anyways and get tebow in here for a couple seasons than see him on the jets or the dolphins cause with the bills luck, tebow will some how florish with them and it will bite us in the rear for not making the deal. we can carry 4 QB's (its really only 3 anyways) also we can always slide someone on the practice squad or carry 2 TE's (since there never used in gaileys system anyways) to make room for him if the trade were to occur.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

Tebow has a $6.275M Option Bonus due 9/2, and that money is guaranteed. The Broncos are unlikely to cut him, considering they have to pay him that money even if he is cut. In fact, Tebow's original contract called for $8.7M guaranteed, so he has guaranteed salary as well (his $1.295M salary last year was already paid).

If Tebow is cut, his acceleration next year will cost the Broncos $6.15M in dead money in 2012.

If he is traded, his acceleration is this year and he will count for $7.4M in dead money this year.

It is really doubtful he is anywhere but Denver this year. Denver would have to clear cap room just to cut or trade the guy. Even if they did, what team is going to trade for Tebow before 9/2 and inherit the $7.4M in guarantees (and pay him that $6.75M in cash on 9/2)? Not to mention, that Tebow reportedly had about $14M in incentives over the life of the contract.

This one is a non-starter.

Comment

Working...
                              X