• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

For the guys who couldn't watch the game

Could some of you lay some descriptives on some of our more positive plays? All we have to go on is the stock play-by-play..

I heard stuff about
    Easley's TD? (any other good technical catches?)
    Chandler dragging Poz?
    Kyle Williams sack?
    Solid play by Carrington? (and the rest of the run defense?)

Thanks guys

• alnilla
    • Dec 2008

Re: For the guys who couldn't watch the game

Easleys pass was high dddont know by desgin or what but nice grab
    Kyle well is just kyle

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Oaf
      Could some of you lay some descriptives on some of our more positive plays? All we have to go on is the stock play-by-play..

I heard stuff about
      Easley's TD? (any other good technical catches?)
      Chandler dragging Poz?
      Kyle Williams sack?
      Solid play by Carrington? (and the rest of the run defense?)

Thanks guys
      Why didnt u just check out one of the streams?

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

here's what I noticed though, Fitzy looked sharp. He was easily the MVP of the game.

Easley showed more flashes...still dropped a couple though.

Chandler is going to be our starting TE

POZ actually made a drive squashing tackle lol

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

I watched part of the stream.

Easley's catches: had one good catch where he dragged his foot to just stay in bounds. Another catch across the middle. The TD catch was good, as it was behind him.

Chandler dragging Poz: Must not have seen that one.

Kyle Williams sack: Good one, though Garrard held the ball decently long time. Batten got to him just after Williams did also.

Carrington: Saw him catch Garrard from behind on one play, saw another where he shot across the LOS to tackle a runner.

I usually don't notice specific guys on the lines when I'm watching the game. I'm a little worried about our lack of pressure right now without Merriman. We got some decent pressure on a few fairly creative blitzes, but not much at all with our 3 down linemen.

Steve Johnson ran a really nice route to gain separation from the DB on his TD catch. Good pass by Fitz also. Run D looks OK, but inconsistent.

Spiller actually impressed me on two of the runs he had. The defense looked like they were going to swarm him both times but he had enough room to cut back and shoot ahead for 7-10 yards.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

spiller and jackson look to be fast as hell, especially spiller, he almost broke a couple runs...

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Man, I don't know if it's the feed or what, but even Bruce Hall has looked like Usain Bolt after making a cut. Many times when I've seen our RB's just make a cut and then shoot up the field for ~10 yards.
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                Man, I don't know if it's the feed or what, but even Bruce Hall has looked like Usain Bolt after making a cut. Many times when I've seen our RB's just make a cut and then shoot up the field for ~10 yards.
                It's the new turf.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Elzey is a KEEPER.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I can't watch preseason games where I am on TV, and I have dial up internet, so I can't see it streamed online. I listened again on radio. It was a much less frustrating game to listen to than the last couple. Sounds like Fitz has his timing back. It was critical that it happen. If Fitz plays the season like he played last week, we would certainly be in the running for Andrew Luck.

The Bills starters were easily better than the Jacksonville starters tonight, and that was heartening. Of course Jacksonville was without their starting RB, but Buffalo was without both Dareus and Merriman.

Thigpen started the second half kind of slow, but he picked it up as the third quarter went on. Levi Brown wasn't too bad tonight, but I think it was probably too little too late for him.

I like what Danny Batten is doing. Like Easley, he's essentially a rookie, having lost last season to injury. He's looking like a player though. It may be that Buffalo is going to have better depth at LB than we feared, especially if Sheppard can come along no that he's starting to get healthy again.

Paul Hubbard did good things tonight. He probably doesn't make the team though.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      I can't watch preseason games where I am on TV, and I have dial up internet, so I can't see it streamed online. I listened again on radio. It was a much less frustrating game to listen to than the last couple. Sounds like Fitz has his timing back. It was critical that it happen. If Fitz plays the season like he played last week, we would certainly be in the running for Andrew Luck.

The Bills starters were easily better than the Jacksonville starters tonight, and that was heartening. Of course Jacksonville was without their starting RB, but Buffalo was without both Dareus and Merriman.

Thigpen started the second half kind of slow, but he picked it up as the third quarter went on. Levi Brown wasn't too bad tonight, but I think it was probably too little too late for him.

I like what Danny Batten is doing. Like Easley, he's essentially a rookie, having lost last season to injury. He's looking like a player though. It may be that Buffalo is going to have better depth at LB than we feared, especially if Sheppard can come along no that he's starting to get healthy again.

Paul Hubbard did good things tonight. He probably doesn't make the team though.
                      My condolences about the dial up. I can't imagine having to put up with that anymore, & I pay less for Fios than I did dial up.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        I'm still excited to see what Sheppard can do...even if he only gets to play in our 4th preseason game. Really too bad this kid was injured, would have been nice to see what he could do during TC and preseason practices.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                          • Jan 2010

last years class is looking better each week...

spiller
                          troup
                          carrington
                          easley
                          moats
                          batten...

lots of potential there

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                            • Mar 2004

You can still get dial up Internet ?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Offensively, Easley made a good case for competing with Donald Jones for the number 2 WR spot. Fitzpatrick did well. The Oline looked a lot better than in the previous 2 games. Jackson and Johnson were their usual selves tonight, both pretty consistent. Spiller had some nice runs. Our first team offense was impressive enough to be taken out by Gailey after the first half.

Defensively, solid against the run early. As the game wore on though, you started to notice cracks in that armor as fatigue began setting in from lack of play time. That is something that should be taken notice of as we get closer to the season. 1st team defense went a little longer than the offense did, playing into the 3rd quarter. Players that did well on defense were Batten, K. Williams, Spencer Johnson, Carrington, and Searcy.
                              Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 08-28-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X