PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen Is Horrid - Pray For Fitz & Good Health

Night Train
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
I was there until late in the 4th. Regardless,Thigpen looked beyond terrible and I'm a fairly grounded fan who will give everyone a chance.

Plenty of opportunities to hit open receivers and he was just brutal.

I would strongly consider a final cut from another team over Thigpen, who obviously doesn't have the arm and misses open receivers with regularity.

But he can run ! :rolleyes:

mrbojanglezs
08-27-2011, 10:07 PM
gailey was screaming at thigpen on the sidelines

YardRat
08-27-2011, 10:11 PM
He didn't look good at all. He'll make the squad, though.

better days
08-27-2011, 10:16 PM
I guess you guys turned the game off.

YardRat
08-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Actually was there until the end...for the most part, Thigpen was bad.

Night Train
08-27-2011, 10:21 PM
I guess you guys turned the game off.

I saw him throw 16 incompletions with multiple wide open receivers before I left.

3rd stringers don't play in real games. Pop gun arm and no accuracy.

better days
08-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Actually was there until the end...for the most part, Thigpen was bad.

For the most part is not the end. VERY EXCITING finish. Thigpen completed a few.

YardRat
08-27-2011, 10:53 PM
For the most part is not the end. VERY EXCITING finish. Thigpen completed a few.

"For the most part" was used relative to Thigpen's performance, not the game. He did have a couple of nice throws, but he was very inaccurate for the most part.

better days
08-27-2011, 10:55 PM
"For the most part" was used relative to Thigpen's performance, not the game. He did have a couple of nice throws, but he was very inaccurate for the most part.

I AGREE for the most part he sucked. But anyone that turned the game off, missed an EXCITING finish.

Mike13
08-27-2011, 11:17 PM
I hate to say I told you so BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.

better days
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM

I don't believe you when you say "I hate to say".

psubills62
08-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm not defending him, but I would like to say that some passes he threw were plain drops by receivers. Hubbard could have had that one TD without bobbling...Ruvell whatever also could have had a TD, and there was at least one other pass that was absolutely on the receiver's hands.

Granted, I did not see the 3rd quarter and 1st 5 minutes of the 4th. A few drops don't explain the obvious other horrid throws (like his pick 6). He is what he is...a backup to a currently average QB, which means he's well below average. Which means he's right in line with Miami's QB's.

Mad Max
08-27-2011, 11:38 PM

Ya because most of us had high expectations for Tyler Pigpen.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2011, 12:36 AM
he will be fine. hes a backup for a reason. if fitz is hurt for a few games we will be ok. but we need fitz for 16 games if we want to get to the playoffs.

SeatownBillsFan21
08-28-2011, 01:26 AM
he will be fine. hes a backup for a reason. if fitz is hurt for a few games we will be ok. but we need fitz for 16 games if we want to get to the playoffs.
Playoffs did you just say Playoffs??

Mad Max
08-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Playoffs did you just say Playoffs??
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p3-eavMSBnk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="420"></iframe>

JoeMama
08-28-2011, 05:58 AM
But, but, Thigpen is awesome. He threw for 18 touchdowns and only 12 interceptions in Chan Gailey's offense.

What a superstar!

Luisito23
08-28-2011, 06:48 AM
The guy is a total scrub. I rather see Brown, or even Brad Smith start if something were to happen to Fitz.

YardRat
08-28-2011, 06:50 AM
To be fair, he didn't look like ass last week, and both games still are just preseason.

Meathead
08-28-2011, 07:01 AM
i never wanted thigpen at all, seems like there were better options for a backup, and was surprised when they signed him. hes not a career 54% passer by accident

though fitz is only four pts more at 58%, those points make a big difference. for example, if fitz can raise his pcent four points to 62% and keep last seasons td/int ratio he would be a contender for the prowbowl and franchise qb consideration

but id be shocked if they cut thigpen now, theres probably no better options now that everybody that was available is with a team and likely wont get cut. hes likely to play a few games when fitz gets dinged up so we can only hope he wont suck when he does. he'll be gone next season anyway when the bills draft their qb prospect and start grooming him

BillyT92679
08-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Thigpen looks way to JP esque for me
happy feet which never set
can't hit the broadside of a barn with a howitzer

Doesn't have JP's arm though. Is athletic and might be OK as a very brief stopgap, but I don't want him to start a game.

ddaryl
08-28-2011, 07:45 AM
He is out of synch with this O....

TigerJ
08-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I was not there, and cannot assess Thigpen's performance. I do think he will make the team for the simple reason that next to Fitzpatrick, he is easily the QB who is most familiar and comfortable with Gailey's offense. In general, I can understand some things being off, with regards to Thigpen's game. It's not easy to gain chemistry and timing with a new (to him) set of wide receivers in one training camp. The book on him is that he actually has a pretty good arm. If next year at this time, fans are still saying "cut the bum," I think I can take it a bit more seriously.

BillsFanCupp38
08-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I think we should be giving JP Losman a call :zonelunch