PDA

View Full Version : Observations from the Bills game (first 3 quarters)

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2011, 10:58 PM
1. HBF convinced me to leave early in the 4th. Lesson learned - NEVER listen to a Canadian.

2. Fitz is deadly when given time. Sounds simple - does it not? Now, we need to explain that to Nix.

3. The O line is still woefully inadequate. Wood got smacked around some. Urbik is weak. Pears was actually pretty good.

4. Scott Chandler might be OK at tight end. Not great. But OK. Which is a big step up from recent years.

5. Michael Jasper might be the biggest human I have ever seen in a football uniform. Wow. While he is overweight, he is not grossly overweight. But he is a giant man.

6. Fred Jackson is the top back, but Spiller is starting to learn how to gain yards when needed. He was one broken tackle away from a 90+ yard run

7.Why do people need to get hammered before a pre-season game, and kids game at that? I saw at least 3 people hauled out in my vicinity. One literally could not walk up the stairs (and this guy had to be in his 50s or 60s). At the end of the first this guy came down our row. When he walked past me, he knocked my program and glasses out of the cup holder. He turns and says to me "that is what you get for not standing up all the way". All I can get out is a "Really dude"? After 5-10 minutes of being *****ed out by his GF, the two of them left and she apologized.

8. The safeties did not look good. I blame Whitner for all of their bad plays.

9. The new kickoff rule sucks.

10. Thigpen is completely the type of guy that is great or awful.

11. Elzy and Hall looked better than I thought, although Hall had a bad miss on a block.

12 The new traffic patterns when leaving are terrible. Why block people from turning left onto Big Tree from Abbot? Driving all the way down to Armour Duells is stupid.

13. Danny Batten has potential as a pass rusher. I thought he looked pretty solid.

14. Alex Carrington is coming along.

15. Moorman is back.

16. The refs were in pre-season form.

17. The Bills have little or no depth. (Duh!)

18. Stevie Johnson is way in line for a new deal. Get it done like they did with Kyle Williams.

19. Easley finally played well.

20. One more preseason game and then the bullets fire for real!!!

21. The new endzones are awesome and almost nicer than the new uniforms.

22. Two touchdowns for the Bills = free coffee for me Monday. I laugh at Clump!!!!!

23. Twenty + points means I might get a 6 inch sub at Subway!

better days
08-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Elzy looked even better in the 4th. The guy is a keeper.

psubills62
08-27-2011, 11:28 PM
From the little I paid attention to them, the safeties were late in pass coverage (specifically that one pass that Byrd was late to, where the Jags guy dropped a perfectly thrown ball). However, they did have their moments in run support.

Even though it wasn't against MJD or Jennings, or Karim...I'm still starting to like our run D. Playing the run is very important against Jets AND the Pats, and if we can stop them in that facet, we'll certainly be better off.

Overall, I agree with most everything else. The Jaguars are better up the middle than outside, which might explain why the interior looked worse, but it's still no excuse - I'd like an OL that imposes its will no matter who it is playing.

Novacane
08-28-2011, 12:06 AM
7.Why do people need to get hammered before a pre-season game, and kids game at that? I saw at least 3 people hauled out in my vicinity. One literally could not walk up the stairs (and this guy had to be in his 50s or 60s). At the end of the first this guy came down our row. When he walked past me, he knocked my program and glasses out of the cup holder. He turns and says to me "that is what you get for not standing up all the way". All I can get out is a "Really dude"? After 5-10 minutes of being *****ed out by his GF, the two of them left and she apologized.

!

Did you ask him if that kind of behavior makes his mother proud?

clumping platelets
08-28-2011, 12:12 AM
22. Two touchdowns for the Bills = free coffee for me Monday. I laugh at Clump!!!!!

You could have grabbed some extra programs and dropped them off at my house :mad:

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2011, 12:28 AM
i really feel that with more time and continuity the oline will be a plus this year. bell is more healthy and is stronger, same with wood, our guards are solid imo and pears is a decent rt with solid power and lots of length. hell pears is better than wrotto or howard. so i think the line will be fine. they just need a little help with speed rushers.

superbills
08-28-2011, 12:36 AM

Ahhh yes. Free Timmy Ho's! Every second touchdown at every Bills home game shall heretofore be known as the "Timmy Ho's Touchdown!"

clumping platelets
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
:mad: