Forked Thread: TD Lee Evans!...errrr...Marcus Easley!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Forked Thread: TD Lee Evans!...errrr...Marcus Easley!!

Forked from: TD Lee Evans!

Originally posted by Mad Max
    oh wait...
    Nice game for Easley...Should be a confidence booster.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Forked Thread: TD Lee Evans!...errrr...Marcus Easley!!

If Easley can continue to play like that TERRIFIC. That still does not excuse a 4th for Evans however.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

People need to understand we wanted to trade Evans for several reasons and as a favor to him and all his loyalty and hard work the bills made sure he landed in a successful franchise and set him up the best they possibly could. I actually commend the bills for doing that. Yeah a fourth rounder is pretty garbage, especially from a good team, but I like our young talent and I'm happy for Lee. Win/win in my mind.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
        • Jan 2010

considering the bills got hairston and searcy and easley in the 4th, i dont think nix considers that garbage. all evans has was the 9 route. we need more than that. hell you saw easley get deep in practice and go over the middle vs the jags. evans time was out. plus he had no chemistry with fitz. trade made perfect sense.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wagon Circler
          People need to understand we wanted to trade Evans for several reasons and as a favor to him and all his loyalty and hard work the bills made sure he landed in a successful franchise and set him up the best they possibly could. I actually commend the bills for doing that. Yeah a fourth rounder is pretty garbage, especially from a good team, but I like our young talent and I'm happy for Lee. Win/win in my mind.
          Yeah the Bills wanted to trade Evans for several reasons, several $$$ million reasons.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER
            considering the bills got hairston and searcy and easley in the 4th, i dont think nix considers that garbage. all evans has was the 9 route. we need more than that. hell you saw easley get deep in practice and go over the middle vs the jags. evans time was out. plus he had no chemistry with fitz. trade made perfect sense.
            If the Bills got a 2nd or a 3rd for Evans, the trade would have made sense, but not for a 4th. It was a salary dump & nothing more.

I hope the Bills don't miss him, but they still should have received value for him rather than just give him away.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

If they got at least a fourth from a contender, they were going that direction. If nobody bit, they would have moved him for the best offer from whoever.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                If they got at least a fourth from a contender, they were going that direction. If nobody bit, they would have moved him for the best offer from whoever.
                Yeah, because they wanted to dump his salary. The trade makes the Bills worse, not better.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

With Evans here, who do you cut?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    Parish maybe? always getting injured. JMO

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                      The preseason is not even over, injuries happen. A Bill could get injured or a receiver from another team could be injured. a 4th rnd pick is what you get when you have an accountant making trades.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

I liked Evans as much as the next guy, but there are factors that people are over looking for why to trade him...

1. Last year was the first year I really recall Evans dropping balls. He did it on more than one occasion, but I think there are very few people that noticed. He was just the poor under-utilized guy in Buffalo. How many times have you heard "the hands are the first thing to go?"

2. He is no spring-chicken, and he is nearing the end of his contract. I thought he was done at the end of this year, but I read somewhere that he has two left...either way, players with expiring contracts that you don't want to overpay are worth nothing. They walk.

I really don't think this was the salary move that all of the experts on here do. I don't think Lee was Chan's kind of WR, and they got something before they were left with nothing. It is not a move that would resonate well with fans, because he had been our only deep threat for a long time, and he was a class act, so why even get into it?

I think it is kind of funny that people that rant and rave want sane explanations, when they prove time and time again that the explanation will never be good enough.

If we are truly rebuilding, it was a good move. I would have liked to see more for Lee, and if he were a few years younger with more time on a reasonable deal, we would have gotten it. I am as big of a homer as anybody here, but we are over valuing Lee.

I am sure there will be a thread for every catch he makes this year, but they will be from all of the same people that cried Lee was no good the entire time he was here, only to piss and moan when the team moved on. How many times did people say we wouldn't get a high pick for him, only to cry when we didn't?

We now have a big physical receiving core, with Parrish as a small burner. Parrish is also not scared to go across the middle.

Then there is also the fact that incessant whining is really an unattractive quality, and that Lee is gone, and we have a fourth regardless of the tears shed.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by better days
                          Yeah, because they wanted to dump his salary. The trade makes the Bills worse, not better.
                          Prove it.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                            I liked Evans as much as the next guy, but there are factors that people are over looking for why to trade him...

1. Last year was the first year I really recall Evans dropping balls. He did it on more than one occasion, but I think there are very few people that noticed. He was just the poor under-utilized guy in Buffalo. How many times have you heard "the hands are the first thing to go?"

2. He is no spring-chicken, and he is nearing the end of his contract. I thought he was done at the end of this year, but I read somewhere that he has two left...either way, players with expiring contracts that you don't want to overpay are worth nothing. They walk.

I really don't think this was the salary move that all of the experts on here do. I don't think Lee was Chan's kind of WR, and they got something before they were left with nothing. It is not a move that would resonate well with fans, because he had been our only deep threat for a long time, and he was a class act, so why even get into it?

I think it is kind of funny that people that rant and rave want sane explanations, when they prove time and time again that the explanation will never be good enough.

If we are truly rebuilding, it was a good move. I would have liked to see more for Lee, and if he were a few years younger with more time on a reasonable deal, we would have gotten it. I am as big of a homer as anybody here, but we are over valuing Lee.

I am sure there will be a thread for every catch he makes this year, but they will be from all of the same people that cried Lee was no good the entire time he was here, only to piss and moan when the team moved on. How many times did people say we wouldn't get a high pick for him, only to cry when we didn't?

We now have a big physical receiving core, with Parrish as a small burner. Parrish is also not scared to go across the middle.

Then there is also the fact that incessant whining is really an unattractive quality, and that Lee is gone, and we have a fourth regardless of the tears shed.
                            Well, as I have been saying we will see this year Evans worth. He is THIRTY years old not thirtyfour. He has 5 or 6 years left.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                              • Feb 2009

The fact of the matter is the Evans doesn't put the Ravens over the top. They will still not win the Super Bowl, because they are getting old. Lee doesn't make them better than the Steelers, Jets, Patriots or Chargers. The Bills are not SB bound, so they get xtra draft pick, and younger guys who can run more than a go route, gain experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X