PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Easley needs to start...

NOT THE DUDE...
08-27-2011, 11:55 PM
he has been burning everyone in practice for a week and then tears it up today. i think he wins that 2 spot. jmo:air:

CoolBreeze
08-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey anythings possible, and I love optimism. So hey if he performs well again I expect big things from him this year.

Buffalogic
08-28-2011, 04:27 AM
He's got a great feel for the game. Impressive because he hasn't been playing for very long, I mean he was a walk on at uconn I think his sophomore season. He knows subtleties of the position. The guy knows how to get open. In time I think he and Stevie will be a formidable duo.

It's funny. The bills best players aren't supremely talented. Fred Jackson, Stevie..these guys don't wow you with their physical skills or their god given talent. Instead, they are crafty and know how to win one on one battles, even if they aren't as gifted as their opponent may be. Easy to cheer for guys like that.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2011, 04:32 AM
its going to be scary if easley establishes as a deep threat and over the middle... plus spiller and jackson as faulk types... dangerous o if fitz is healthy! oline will be middle of the road with a pro bowl center. better than last year.

JoeMama
08-28-2011, 05:45 AM
I've been making fun of Marcus Easley non-stop lately. His preseason has been abysmal up until this point.

I love what I saw after the first drop.

Can't argue with numbers.

YardRat
08-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Hopefully last night was a huge confidence boost for him. He has the physical tools, he just needs to keep working on how to use them.

CoolBreeze
08-28-2011, 07:02 AM
His size and speed, and ability to be physical are the attributes that made Lee Evans expendable. I'm not saying Easley is better than Evans, he just offers different skill sets. Lee isn't physical. Easley also seems to block well also. This whole receiver unit is big, except for Parrish, who may not make this team.

Meathead
08-28-2011, 07:06 AM
meh

i hope so but well see

he still got that deer/headlights look to me. still dropping balls not fully made up by some nice catches. and still all upper body, hes got chicken legs just begging for more injuries

granted, he was better, much better in fact, but that aint saying much as poor as he had been doing. also did most of his damage against scrubs (td notwithstanding). certainly hoping its continued progress from here, but i cant say im confident he will

ddaryl
08-28-2011, 07:12 AM
I want to see him do it for 2 games before I anoint him...

He looked like poop the 1st 2 preseason games..

ChristopherWalken
08-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Agree. I think this is a really bad Jags D. I want to be positive... and could be when Easley and this offense proves themselves against a better D.

Luisito23
08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Why do people keep saying Parrish won't make the team?

That makes no sense at all.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Easley had one good preseason game and you start this thread??

Really?

baalworship
08-28-2011, 07:29 AM
The light has come on for Easley. He looked good last year in camp too until he got injured. Then when he got injured this year I think he was forcing it. He looked awful because he was playing scared.

Now that he looks 100% he is looking scary good. After last night I have Easley on my watch list for a fantasy football after round 14.

Figster
08-28-2011, 07:32 AM
His size and speed, and ability to be physical are the attributes that made Lee Evans expendable. I'm not saying Easley is better than Evans, he just offers different skill sets. Lee isn't physical. Easley also seems to block well also. This whole receiver unit is big, except for Parrish, who may not make this team.

You said it CoolBreeze, a different size and skill set that enables Easley to work the middle of the Football/Redzone effectively. Marcus Easley in my opinion is why Bills management deemed Evans expendable.

ServoBillieves
08-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Physically gifted, I can give you that, since he's one of the rare examples of that on this football team. Beast-like hops, fast, and tall... But so far inconsistent.

I think this short offseason has hurt a lot of players, but it's these type of players who needed those first 2 games to learn the flow of seeing players in other jerseys at the NFL level.

For a rookie (pretty much) receiver, I like what he could bring to the table some day.

Figster
08-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Physically gifted, I can give you that, since he's one of the rare examples of that on this football team. Beast-like hops, fast, and tall... But so far inconsistent.

I think this short offseason has hurt a lot of players, but it's these type of players who needed those first 2 games to learn the flow of seeing players in other jerseys at the NFL level.

For a rookie (pretty much) receiver, I like what he could bring to the table some day.

Some day is now...:air:

ddaryl
08-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Agree. I think this is a really bad Jags D. I want to be positive... and could be when Easley and this offense proves themselves against a better D.

that TD catch was a fantastic catch no matter what D was out there... It was even a better throw as Fitz put the ball up high over 2 defenders who had their backs turned

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 08:45 AM

Really?

As opposed to the 0 good preseason games Donald Jones has had?

YardRat
08-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Really?

A little misplaced optimism never really hurt anybody (except for Op).

YardRat
08-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Why do people keep saying Parrish won't make the team?

That makes no sense at all.

I'm not a fan of Parrish at all, but he will make the squad. He should be the team's primary punt returner, and he'll probably fill a couple of roles as a wideout coming in at the slot and occasionally on the outside where a traditional #2 would be lined up...He has the speed and moves to stretch the field vertically from either position.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2011, 08:51 AM
As opposed to the 0 good preseason games Donald Jones has had?
Find my "start Donald Jones" thread?

Besides, at least he has also played in regular season games and done something.

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Find my "start Donald Jones" thread?

Besides, at least he has also played in regular season games and done something.

Interesting. So you don't advocate starting Jones or Easley. If it was coach Lecter, pray tell, who the #2 WR would be on the Buffalo Bills.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Interesting. So you don't advocate starting Jones or Easley. If it was coach Lecter, pray tell, who the #2 WR would be on the Buffalo Bills.
It would be Evans and Johnson, because I sure as hell would not have made the move that team did.

Without him around?

I would probably go week by week. But since the Bills generally have 3 WRs on the field, it would depend on formation and match-ups.

Nelson is fine - in the slot. So is Parrish.

My point is that there is no "need" for Easely to start. He has done less than any other WR in the mix

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 09:05 AM
It would be Evans and Johnson, because I sure as hell would not have made the move that team did.

Without him around?

I would probably go week by week. But since the Bills generally have 3 WRs on the field, it would depend on formation and match-ups.

Nelson is fine - in the slot. So is Parrish.

My point is that there is no "need" for Easely to start. He has done less than any other WR in the mix
I can make an argument that there's no "need" to breathe oxygen. But there is a "need" to do what's best for the team. And from what I've seen, Easley is the more talented WR than Jones. We're suckers for upside. Also, I do think Roosevelt deserved a fair crack too if he was healthy.

I think you're right about Nelson and Parrish as fixtures for the slot.

I think it might go week by week. Kind of like how our WR position was in a flux the first 3 or so weeks last year. Give Easley the first look, and if he drops the ball (no pun intended) then Gailey may switch to Jones or Roosevelt. It might go this way, but I think Easley deserves the first shot at the spot. Because he's the most talented option and it would be better for the team if he plays up to his potential...and what better way to have that than start him on the field opposite SJ.

Michael82
08-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I'd rather see David Nelson get a chance to start. I don't know why they aren't giving him more of a chance. He's good in the slot, but they already have Parrish for that role.

Figster
08-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I'd rather see David Nelson get a chance to start. I don't know why they aren't giving him more of a chance. He's good in the slot, but they already have Parrish for that role.

Marcus Easley has a higher upside though don't you think Michael?( I like David Nelson)

better days
08-28-2011, 10:55 AM
I can make an argument that there's no "need" to breathe oxygen. But there is a "need" to do what's best for the team. And from what I've seen, Easley is the more talented WR than Jones. We're suckers for upside. Also, I do think Roosevelt deserved a fair crack too if he was healthy.

I think you're right about Nelson and Parrish as fixtures for the slot.

I think it might go week by week. Kind of like how our WR position was in a flux the first 3 or so weeks last year. Give Easley the first look, and if he drops the ball (no pun intended) then Gailey may switch to Jones or Roosevelt. It might go this way, but I think Easley deserves the first shot at the spot. Because he's the most talented option and it would be better for the team if he plays up to his potential...and what better way to have that than start him on the field opposite SJ.

There obviously is no need to do whats best for the team or Evans would not have been traded for a 4th rnd pick.

CoolBreeze
08-28-2011, 02:16 PM
There obviously is no need to do whats best for the team or Evans would not have been traded for a 4th rnd pick.

And there's no need for you to post about that... We all know how you feel. You been singing the same tune for awhile now sir. lol

better days
08-28-2011, 02:25 PM
And there's no need for you to post about that... We all know how you feel. You been singing the same tune for awhile now sir. lol

Just calling it like I see it.

CoolBreeze
08-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Just calling it like I see it.

Honorable, but i still don't agree.

better days
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Honorable, but i still don't agree.

No problem, like I said time will prove me right or wrong.

BillsWin
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Been saying it since the draft last season. This kid will eventually be starting for us. Maybe it's sooner rather than later.

BillsFanCupp38
08-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Kid had a good game. Can't crown em yet though. He sucked in the previous two.

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Kid had a good game. Can't crown em yet though. He sucked in the previous two.

That's what they said about Stevie...and Martin Nance...time will tell I guess :scratch:

Goobylal
08-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Easley will be the starter.

Goobylal
08-28-2011, 03:49 PM
The Bills have been hoping Easley will start, and last night solidified it.

justasportsfan
08-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Being 6'2" with speed, I can only hope he can develop into an Eric Moulds. I would watch tape on Moulds if I were Easely.

Philagape
08-28-2011, 04:13 PM
The dropsies have soured me a little on Easley, and I don't care about preseason numbers because teams aren't really playing defense, but he still has the highest upside by far.

The Popcorn
08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
I think David Nelson is a better receiver than Easley. That JMO though.

BillsFever21
08-29-2011, 06:18 PM
I hope he turns out for us but it's pretty hard to announce him as a future star or starter over one preseason game.

Goobylal
08-29-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope he turns out for us but it's pretty hard to announce him as a future star or starter over one preseason game.
No one's saying "star," but as a vertical threat, he can easily start and replace Evans' role.