X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Danny Batten

Batten looked impressive again. He has a high motor, just like Kelsay, but seems more athletic. The intelligence he showed on that WR screen is very much Schobel like.

I guess I need to see more coverage skills from him; and that is a skill Kelsay really lacked playing 3-4 OLB.

Considering his youth, it would not be out of question that we will be looking for a 4th round pick for Kelsay next training camp.
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: Danny Batten

He plays Merriman's position, Carrington was in Kelsay's spot. Although I do like him, but I doubt he can play with his hand on the ground if asked like Carrington/Kelsay.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Pretty sure he was on the left side for the screen play that was referred to. Glad to see he's having a good camp, hopefully he can improve to the point where he's a consistent contributor as a starter.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he and Moats are switching positions in more ways than just inside-outside this season, and it may be Arthur's turn to spend a season on IR.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by YardRat
        Pretty sure he was on the left side for the screen play that was referred to. Glad to see he's having a good camp, hopefully he can improve to the point where he's a consistent contributor as a starter.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he and Moats are switching positions in more ways than just inside-outside this season, and it may be Arthur's turn to spend a season on IR.
        You know what...scratch what I said. I forgot Batten played DE in college. He just looks like a natural LB to me I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully he or Carrington can push Kelsay off the roster.

And I'd hate to see Moats go underused, he looked like he was coming into his own at the end of last year.
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• SpillerThrills
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
          You know what...scratch what I said. I forgot Batten played DE in college. He just looks like a natural LB to me I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully he or Carrington can push Kelsay off the roster.

And I'd hate to see Moats go underused, he looked like he was coming into his own at the end of last year.

Batten played quite a bit last night coming off the edge with his hand on the ground..... I liked what I saw from him.
          2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
          2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
          2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
          2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
            • Jan 2010

danny is going to steal Kelsay's lunch pail

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

I like Batten...
              Has definitley showed he can be a impact player on this team...
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

Considering his youth, it would not be out of question that we will be looking for a 4th round pick for Kelsay next training camp.
                Ralphies secret grandson is not getting traded for anything.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                  • Jan 2010

nasty bull rush and athletic!

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic

I just looked at Michaels photos. I was surprised at how big Batten looks.

Comment

Working...
                    X