PDA

View Full Version : Danny Batten

ghz in pittsburgh
08-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Batten looked impressive again. He has a high motor, just like Kelsay, but seems more athletic. The intelligence he showed on that WR screen is very much Schobel like.

I guess I need to see more coverage skills from him; and that is a skill Kelsay really lacked playing 3-4 OLB.

Considering his youth, it would not be out of question that we will be looking for a 4th round pick for Kelsay next training camp.

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
He plays Merriman's position, Carrington was in Kelsay's spot. Although I do like him, but I doubt he can play with his hand on the ground if asked like Carrington/Kelsay.

YardRat
08-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Pretty sure he was on the left side for the screen play that was referred to. Glad to see he's having a good camp, hopefully he can improve to the point where he's a consistent contributor as a starter.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he and Moats are switching positions in more ways than just inside-outside this season, and it may be Arthur's turn to spend a season on IR.

RoscoeMagic
08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure he was on the left side for the screen play that was referred to. Glad to see he's having a good camp, hopefully he can improve to the point where he's a consistent contributor as a starter.

I'm starting to get the feeling that he and Moats are switching positions in more ways than just inside-outside this season, and it may be Arthur's turn to spend a season on IR.

You know what...scratch what I said. I forgot Batten played DE in college. He just looks like a natural LB to me I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully he or Carrington can push Kelsay off the roster.

And I'd hate to see Moats go underused, he looked like he was coming into his own at the end of last year.

SpillerThrills
08-28-2011, 10:00 AM
You know what...scratch what I said. I forgot Batten played DE in college. He just looks like a natural LB to me I guess it slipped my mind. Hopefully he or Carrington can push Kelsay off the roster.

And I'd hate to see Moats go underused, he looked like he was coming into his own at the end of last year.

Batten played quite a bit last night coming off the edge with his hand on the ground..... I liked what I saw from him.

mrbojanglezs
08-28-2011, 11:10 AM
danny is going to steal Kelsay's lunch pail

tampabay25690
08-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I like Batten...
Has definitley showed he can be a impact player on this team...

Mad Max
08-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Considering his youth, it would not be out of question that we will be looking for a 4th round pick for Kelsay next training camp.

Ralphies secret grandson is not getting traded for anything.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2011, 05:35 PM
nasty bull rush and athletic!

better days
08-29-2011, 01:25 PM

I just looked at Michaels photos. I was surprised at how big Batten looks.