PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans find new parking rules offensive

BLeonard
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/orchard-park/article536858.ece

“I’m a season ticket holder for the worst team in the league,” said Tamara King, 32, of Brantford, Ont. “I should be able to park where I want.”

“I will never park in a Bills parking lot again,” said Rob King, 32. “Why don’t they focus on putting a competitive team on the field instead of this?”

“What happens if you park next to people who smoke and you’re not fans of that,” said Fred Norris, 27, of South Buffalo. “Or what if you’re next to fans from the other team?”

“We’re going to go to a private lot where they’ll let you park wherever—and it’s cheaper,” said Jeff Urban, 29, of South Buffalo, referring to the $25 it cost to park in the Bills lot.

It'll be interesting to see how long these parking rules last.

-Bill

Michael82
08-28-2011, 02:31 PM
The Bills are really trying to piss off their fan bases with the parking lot rules. Why do they gotta ruin tailgating? Especially when fans tailgating is the most fun they have all day because the game is usually crap! :ill:

I'm glad I'm out of Ralph's parking lots. Private lots are way better!

Oh plus all the blocking of roads and not allowing people to drive certain ways after the game is even more of a pain in the ass.

YardRat
08-28-2011, 02:34 PM
They could at least compromise and have one lot designated for open parking and tailgating...but that could lead to more incidents.

better days
08-28-2011, 02:35 PM
They could at least compromise and have one lot designated for open parking and tailgating...but that could lead to more incidents.

EVERYONE would head for that lot.

T-Long
08-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Are we still able to park in people's backyards? Since high school, that is exactly what we always did and then just walked over. I haven't been to a game since college and opening day at the Ralph will be our first game in years...just haven't seen the parking situation up there in awhile. Suggestions?

ddaryl
08-28-2011, 03:19 PM
the need for rule changes are coming down from the NFL itself.. They should place blame where it belongs.. the NFL itself

ServoBillieves
08-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Screw that... I'm an alcoholic who doesn't feel like walking to see my friends/family who are going there. The new rules of family parking lots and all that crap... We've been fine with it for years upon years, why does it have to change?

Honestly, I can't remember why all these rule changes have come in to play. The family lots? If you're trying to get kids to start liking this team for the future.. The future is looking bleak. I wouldn't want to take my kid to root for failure. I'm saying that failure part based on the past, not what I expect for the future, which... again, could be bleak.

Whatever... I'll just park in someones driveway/lot. Not dealing with that BS anymore.

BertSquirtgum
08-28-2011, 05:08 PM
lot 5 is still as it was last year. sucks for you guys. the only difference is it's finally back the way it was when i first started getting season tickets. the spots are north and south instead of east and west. much better for wind blocking.

BillyT92679
08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't know why anyone would ever park in the stadium lots anyway. Why not park in the ECC lot or somewhere else? I park in the ECC lot. No issues only 15 bucks. Its a touch of a hike but a lot easier for ingress and egress.

DynaPaul
08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
No smoking at ALL inside the stadium? Screw that. A guy can get hammered off of beer there, crash his car, and get a DUI but not have a cigarette. FAIL.

MikeInRoch
08-28-2011, 06:12 PM
No fail at all. Get your crappy tobacco out of my air.

Night Train
08-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Then park in a private lot and quit crying. They're everywhere around there.

kishoph
08-28-2011, 07:30 PM
I heard a couple say that it was easier getting out after the game from the lots with the new rules.

Michael82
08-28-2011, 07:38 PM

:hi5:

cordog
08-28-2011, 08:11 PM

Really? There was one 10 foot area in the stadium for smokers. Don't make is sound like people were lighting up by you in the seats.

Demon
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM
I don't know why anyone would ever park in the stadium lots anyway. Why not park in the ECC lot or somewhere else? I park in the ECC lot. No issues only 15 bucks. Its a touch of a hike but a lot easier for ingress and egress.

Exactly. I park there too. Never an issue.

MikeInRoch
08-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Really? There was one 10 foot area in the stadium for smokers. Don't make is sound like people were lighting up by you in the seats.

Oh no? The last time I sat in the upper deck I nearly got in a fight because of the punks smoking behind me. Despite it being "banned" there.

EricStratton
08-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Many of you sound like whinny little *****es.

Novacane
08-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I haven't parked in a stadium lot for 20 years. The smaller lots are cheaper and a lot easier to get out of after the game

Beebe's Kid
08-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Many of you sound like whinny little *****es.

I second that.

Jesus christ. The people in the article of ****ing laughable. The fans acting like they are owed the "right" to park wherever they want because the team is bad? Give me a ****ing break.

If it is really that much of a problem, like ddaryl says, aim your angst at the NFL and park somewhere else. It is really not that big of a deal.

better days
08-28-2011, 11:30 PM
I second that.

Jesus christ. The people in the article of ****ing laughable. The fans acting like they are owed the "right" to park wherever they want because the team is bad? Give me a ****ing break.

If it is really that much of a problem, like ddaryl says, aim your angst at the NFL and park somewhere else. It is really not that big of a deal.

Fans are owed that right by the fact they pay $25 for the privilege to park. It is not free parking.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-29-2011, 02:35 AM
DIE RALPH, ****ING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremebillsfan247
08-29-2011, 05:26 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/orchard-park/article536858.ece

It'll be interesting to see how long these parking rules last.

-Bill When this team starts winning, no one is going to care about parking rules.

pintonick96
08-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I've been going to games since I was 6. I've seen every bad drunk there could be. Guys cheating on wives, falling on ice and knocking themselves out, puking in between cars, etc. You know why it was never an issue for me? Parenting. My dad hawked me like a fly on ****. All these pussy ass parents want to take the fun out of sports should just bring their kid to the game and pay attention to him and shut the **** up already. Those ppl are the reason for no fun in the parking lots. And the ******s in SF shooting each other over a preseason game.

BillyT92679
08-29-2011, 08:29 AM
Fans are owed that right by the fact they pay $25 for the privilege to park. It is not free parking.
But the Bills lease the parking lot.

Now you could extrapolate that residents of Erie County actually own the stadium complex that Erie County folks should get some preferential treatment, but that's a stretch and a half.

This idea that because somebody pays money to use something that means they have license to do what they want just doesn't work. Everybody else in the lots also paid too, and many people cannot stand trying to find a place to park and having to circle the lots a million times to find an empty space because people have coolers or tents or whatever up to save one of their buddy's a spot. It's a kind of "chat and cut" if you watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Besides paying ten dollars less at another lot like ECC that's another reason why I stopped even considering parking at the stadium lot.

BillyT92679
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Exactly. I park there too. Never an issue.
hell, it's EASIER to get out of because there is a stop light there to guide traffic

getting out of the main lots sucks

BillsFever21
08-29-2011, 05:33 PM
I never park in the stadium lot. I park in the private yards and it takes half the time to get out of the lot and on the road if not sooner.

DynaPaul
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM

Screw you... it's my air too.

SabreEleven
08-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Damn right, so you if you want to pollute it and make other people breathe it, it's your god given right.

MikeInRoch
08-30-2011, 01:12 PM

Fine. I'm filling yours with Chlorine. No problem, right?

DynaPaul
08-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Fine. I'm filling yours with Chlorine. No problem, right?
No... that would be fatal whereas comparing chlorine to tobacco smoke in terms of lethality is laughable. You anti-smoking nazis won't be happy until you never see another cigarette again. It's not good enough for us to have designated areas or going outside. Well I don't want to see you chomping on a colorectal cancer causing hot dog or drinking beer that may cause you to get drunk and take out a family of 5 on the way home. How about that?

Mski
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
the $25 for parking sucks, but if you're so worried about being able to park next to your friends, make sure you get inline with them, and you'll be parked next to eachother, and from my season ticket years, the ones who are likely doing the biggest *****ing to get the rules changed are probably the same ones who show up to the game 30 minutes before kick off, and expect to find a parking spot near the stadium, or end up ruining their tires because they tried to drive over a pile of coals, or expect someone to move their fire barrel so they can get through

stuckincincy
08-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Fine.

Here in OH, cig taxes are the 3rd largest source of state income.

You don't like'em? Fine - move to make them illegal. Be prepared to pay about $400 extra in state tax to make up for the shortfall - that's the estimate for the general rise in taxes for everybody, if they can't tax the daylights out of the users. Also stop vehicle traffic - all that stuff coming out of the tailpipe. I assume you don't drive; keep that crappy stuff out of my air.

BTW, if you believe the lie - "the cost to society", let me inform you...not only do smokers subsidize you, but they have the decency to die early, and usually quickly.

In 1990, Price Waterhouse put out a cost analysis - result being you should offer a smoker a light.

I'd also add there was a time when folks went outside and resolved differences over a smoke - they are calming. We have come to the point where cigs are banned from prisons - that's insane - that's a population that I want calm.

And I am very tired hearing strangers out of the blue, insulting me and saying things that were unthinkable among civil society 20 years ago. How incredibly rude.

I need not remind you of the billions extracted from the tobacco companies, the 1% or so the states actually spend on that, the rest going into their general revenue - another Inconvenient Truth, and I suppose you haven't railed at your state about such. Yes?

When I lived in PGH, the local VA hospital was forced to go non-smoking. Geeze - that place housed vets torn to pieces, who had few pleasures in life. Your ilk took that away from them.

So as I say - you go ahead and push for a total ban.

MikeInRoch
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Fine.

(blah, blah, blah...)

Tell me where I said I wanted to ban cigarettes. I never said that I don't support the right of people to do whatever the heck they want to themselves, including smoking. But your right to do that stops when it affects me - which means when I have to breath the **** you are putting into the air.

trapezeus
08-31-2011, 03:20 PM
i've never parked in the bills lot. park at a private lot near California drive (i think that's thename of the street). Make a left into the lot before the game, make an easy right when exiting, and make a right at the light and ride southwestern blvd/transit all the way home. total time on the road is usually about 40-45 minutes.

better days
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Fine.

Here in OH, cig taxes are the 3rd largest source of state income.

You don't like'em? Fine - move to make them illegal. Be prepared to pay about $400 extra in state tax to make up for the shortfall - that's the estimate for the general rise in taxes for everybody, if they can't tax the daylights out of the users. Also stop vehicle traffic - all that stuff coming out of the tailpipe. I assume you don't drive; keep that crappy stuff out of my air.

BTW, if you believe the lie - "the cost to society", let me inform you...not only do smokers subsidize you, but they have the decency to die early, and usually quickly.

In 1990, Price Waterhouse put out a cost analysis - result being you should offer a smoker a light.

I'd also add there was a time when folks went outside and resolved differences over a smoke - they are calming. We have come to the point where cigs are banned from prisons - that's insane - that's a population that I want calm.

And I am very tired hearing strangers out of the blue, insulting me and saying things that were unthinkable among civil society 20 years ago. How incredibly rude.

I need not remind you of the billions extracted from the tobacco companies, the 1% or so the states actually spend on that, the rest going into their general revenue - another Inconvenient Truth, and I suppose you haven't railed at your state about such. Yes?

When I lived in PGH, the local VA hospital was forced to go non-smoking. Geeze - that place housed vets torn to pieces, who had few pleasures in life. Your ilk took that away from them.

So as I say - you go ahead and push for a total ban.

What are you talking about, smokers die fast? MANY smokers live a long painful life suffering from heart disease & emphysema as well as cancer.

When I was going to Chemo treatment for 5 days a week, like 6 hours a day, a smoker was going through it also. The minute the needle was in & the Chemo was pumping, he grabbed the pole the chemo bag hung on & was out the door to smoke, rain or shine in 90 degree heat. He was outside smoking pretty much the entire day.

Want to raise revenue? Legalize Marijuana. Now that would raise some tax money.

MikeInRoch
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
No... that would be fatal whereas comparing chlorine to tobacco smoke in terms of lethality is laughable. You anti-smoking nazis won't be happy until you never see another cigarette again. It's not good enough for us to have designated areas or going outside. Well I don't want to see you chomping on a colorectal cancer causing hot dog or drinking beer that may cause you to get drunk and take out a family of 5 on the way home. How about that a**hole?

You compared me to a nazi = your argument is invalid.

DynaPaul
09-06-2011, 12:02 PM
You compared me to a nazi = your argument is invalid.

Yeah ok... Whatever. Tell yourself that over and over again.