• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Carrington Returning To Bench Behind Kelsay Is Dead Wrong

Our former 2010 3rd rounder is a huge 304 lbs. and brought pressure all night, in addition to showing strength to shed blocks and tackle the RB. Plus he still has an upside.

Kelsay keeping him on the bench or taking away snaps from him ? That would be downright terrible.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Carrington Returning To Bench Behind Kelsay Is Dead Wrong

I still don't get why a man who weighs over 300 lbs. can start at linebacker in the NFL.

At the same time, I ask why Chris Kelsay can start at linebacker in the NFL.

But Carrington at OLB just puzzles me... He's fit for the DE position, he's physical and athletically ready for that role.. but hey, I'm only a fan, the coaches must see something.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

How he is transitioning so well to a position he does not prototypically fit, I do not know. But it excites me that he brings the heat at that size.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'm not a real fan of having a man that big on the outside standing up, but if their 43-34 hybrid calls for it than so be it, and I'd rather see Carrington out there than Kelsay.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• tomz
          • Feb 2007

Wasn't there a comment made by the coaching staff along the lines that they were surprised by his athleticism at that weight? I think when it first came out that he was going to be playing some OLB.

Comment

• bflojohn
            • Aug 2005

Getting the best 11 on the field as starters. That's how it's supposed to work!!!

Comment

• justabillsfan
              • Jul 2011

Carrington spent 90 percent of the time with his hand in the ground, im perfectally fine with carrington in there especially the first two downs

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                I'm not a real fan of having a man that big on the outside standing up, but if their 43-34 hybrid calls for it than so be it, and I'd rather see Carrington out there than Kelsay.
                Agreed, I still think it presents huge liability issues in terms of knowing where blitzes are coming from or targeting him in coverage but so far the results have been favorable against basic packages.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

kelsay sucks. there's no reason for him to be on an nfl roster let alone start.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                    kelsay sucks. there's no reason for him to be on an nfl roster let alone start.
                    its hard to believe fans can be this dumb
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Meathead
                      its hard to believe fans can be this dumb
                      While it is bad, I have to say that doesn't even rank in the bottom have of debauchery for the day...

Did I miss something? Did Carrington get cut? What is the "dead wrong?"

Relax. These games don't count, but the coaches are evaluating players and will make adjustments. I think we'll probably see quite a bit of Carrington this year. I felt that after the Pittsburgh game last year.

The comments that get posted for Kelsay are absurd. He really isn't that bad. It is like people don't watch the game, just grab on the their talking points and hit the message board. Kelsay is not an All-Pro, but he is a respected vet. I guarantee if he were cut, he would have a job in less than a week.

Kelsay has never been, nor is he now, the problem.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

kelsay is ok or avergage i guess. but carrington looks like a stud. if anything kelsay should rotate in or get cut and let moats move back outside and give someone younger a roster spot. if i was the coach my olb would be

merriman
                        carrington

moats
                        batten
                        eddins

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Kelsay and Carrington, regardless of what anybody thinks about their talent level, present a defensive liability to the opposing offense in a 34 set. On the line with their hand on the ground? Fine. Standing up a couple yards away from the trenches, or even on the line? No thanks. They better get their keys right and be able to adjust to what's coming, and I think it was obvious last season that if the key reads 'on your feet' than Kelsay could be easily exploited.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                            While it is bad, I have to say that doesn't even rank in the bottom have of debauchery for the day...

Did I miss something? Did Carrington get cut? What is the "dead wrong?"

Relax. These games don't count, but the coaches are evaluating players and will make adjustments. I think we'll probably see quite a bit of Carrington this year. I felt that after the Pittsburgh game last year.

The comments that get posted for Kelsay are absurd. He really isn't that bad. It is like people don't watch the game, just grab on the their talking points and hit the message board. Kelsay is not an All-Pro, but he is a respected vet. I guarantee if he were cut, he would have a job in less than a week.

Kelsay has never been, nor is he now, the problem.
                            Kelsay is ABSOLUTELY part of the problem.

He's just one more below average player that this organization is obsessed with clinging to. He's slow and is a liability in pass coverage, he's not a great pass rusher, and he's only ok against the run. He lacks the speed to contain the sideline when the run breaks to the outside.

He's a respected vet for no good reason other than he's been there a long time. He hasn't accomplished anything- the best he's ever done is average by NFL standards. He's part of the old culture of losing and he doesn't fit the new defense.

His contract extension was inexplicable.
                            Last edited by OpIv37; 08-29-2011, 08:44 AM.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              Kelsay is ABSOLUTELY part of the problem.

He's just one more below average player that this organization is obsessed with clinging to. He's slow and is a liability in pass coverage, he's not a great pass coverage, and he's only ok against the run. He lacks the speed to contain the sideline when the run breaks to the outside.

He's a respected vet for no good reason other than he's been there a long time. He hasn't accomplished anything- the best he's ever done is average by NFL standards. He's part of the old culture of losing and he doesn't fit the new defense.

His contract extension was inexplicable.

The only thing is contract extension showed is they will pay there own players and they continue to show that with williams

my issue he doesn't deserve it did they pay him to send a message work hard show up do what the coaches ask and youll be fine IDK but all i know kelsey is average DE and poor OLB

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X