• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Gurode cut

I am not usually one to create these sort of threads, but I'd really like to see the Bills make a run at Gurode. Hes a veteran and still has enough left in the tank to instantly be our best lineman. Put Wood back at guard and Gurode at center and I think our line will be much improved.

Unable to reach an agreement on a re-worked contract over the last two days, the Dallas Cowboys decided to part ways with five-time Pro Bowl center Andre Gurode.

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Gurode cut

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
    I am not usually one to create these sort of threads, but I'd really like to see the Bills make a run at Gurode. Hes a veteran and still has enough left in the tank to instantly be our best lineman. Put Wood back at guard and Gurode at center and I think our line will be much improved.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...de-source-says
    32 years old bad knees, no thanks. The Cowboys cut him because he wouldn't take a pay cut. If he came to the Bills he would want to be paid.

Comment

• User Manuel
      The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
      • Nov 2003

I like the guys attitude and frankly...I would pay him. We could use the attitude and he played well at guard previously as well, so he could play either position.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

NO... NO and **** NO!....

This team is building itself the right way.. and that is by not trying to find old vets to displace our young and up and coming players...

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Yes, sign him now.

Plenty of skill, a veteran to help stabalize the line and can hopefully help fix our atrocious OG issue by kicking Wood to OG.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cpearl
            • Mar 2005

I'm not one to make or agree with these threads, but I think we should take a shot at him too. He's a good interior lineman. And we need at least one more of those.

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

I hope no one is holding their breath waitng for this to happen.
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I think he would make the line better. This is a very young line. Would like to have a good veteran in there. I just do not see the Bills forking out the cash even though they are desperate for OL help.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

He's the guy who's head Hayensworth stomped on a few years back.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                    I like the guys attitude and frankly...I would pay him. We could use the attitude and he played well at guard previously as well, so he could play either position.
                    The guy is 32 years old with bad knees. If he had ANYTHING left, the Cowboys would have kept him, they are much closer to making the playoffs than the Bills are. Instead, the Cowboys cut him in favor of a ROOKIE.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

I guarantee this team is not bringing in any of these aging vets..

and I'm glad.. that's the mentality that will make sure we never become a real competitor again.

Wood is our C, and he is never moving back to OG for the Bills...

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        I guarantee this team is not bringing in any of these aging vets..

and I'm glad.. that's the mentality that will make sure we never become a real competitor again.

Wood is our C, and he is never moving back to OG for the Bills...
                        I think Wood should stay at Center. He will be a great one in the near future.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by better days
                          I think Wood should stay at Center. He will be a great one in the near future.
                          Damn straight.. I'm flabbergasted by the thought that moving him is in any way a smart move....

Comment

• lmcshadow
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by pinkdogg32

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...de-source-says
                            Yeah id like to see that..Our Oline need some veteran leadership with experience..
                            The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                              The guy is 32 years old with bad knees. If he had ANYTHING left, the Cowboys would have kept him, they are much closer to making the playoffs than the Bills are. Instead, the Cowboys cut him in favor of a ROOKIE.
                              Not exactly true, the Cowboys had limited cap room after they gave Scandrick thay huge deal, Gurode saves them 5.5 and gives them flexibility. This had far less to do with his skill level than his salary size.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X