PDA

View Full Version : Gurode cut

Pinkerton Security
08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
I am not usually one to create these sort of threads, but I'd really like to see the Bills make a run at Gurode. Hes a veteran and still has enough left in the tank to instantly be our best lineman. Put Wood back at guard and Gurode at center and I think our line will be much improved.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6906080/dallas-cowboys-cut-pro-bowl-center-andre-gurode-source-says

better days
08-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I am not usually one to create these sort of threads, but I'd really like to see the Bills make a run at Gurode. Hes a veteran and still has enough left in the tank to instantly be our best lineman. Put Wood back at guard and Gurode at center and I think our line will be much improved.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6906080/dallas-cowboys-cut-pro-bowl-center-andre-gurode-source-says

32 years old bad knees, no thanks. The Cowboys cut him because he wouldn't take a pay cut. If he came to the Bills he would want to be paid.

User Manuel
08-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I like the guys attitude and frankly...I would pay him. We could use the attitude and he played well at guard previously as well, so he could play either position.

ddaryl
08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
NO... NO and **** NO!....

This team is building itself the right way.. and that is by not trying to find old vets to displace our young and up and coming players...

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes, sign him now.

Plenty of skill, a veteran to help stabalize the line and can hopefully help fix our atrocious OG issue by kicking Wood to OG.

cpearl
08-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm not one to make or agree with these threads, but I think we should take a shot at him too. He's a good interior lineman. And we need at least one more of those.

McBFLO
08-29-2011, 11:39 AM
I hope no one is holding their breath waitng for this to happen.

don137
08-29-2011, 11:41 AM
I think he would make the line better. This is a very young line. Would like to have a good veteran in there. I just do not see the Bills forking out the cash even though they are desperate for OL help.

Forward_Lateral
08-29-2011, 12:00 PM
He's the guy who's head Hayensworth stomped on a few years back.

better days
08-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I like the guys attitude and frankly...I would pay him. We could use the attitude and he played well at guard previously as well, so he could play either position.

The guy is 32 years old with bad knees. If he had ANYTHING left, the Cowboys would have kept him, they are much closer to making the playoffs than the Bills are. Instead, the Cowboys cut him in favor of a ROOKIE.

ddaryl
08-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I guarantee this team is not bringing in any of these aging vets..

and I'm glad.. that's the mentality that will make sure we never become a real competitor again.

Wood is our C, and he is never moving back to OG for the Bills...

better days
08-29-2011, 12:40 PM
I guarantee this team is not bringing in any of these aging vets..

and I'm glad.. that's the mentality that will make sure we never become a real competitor again.

Wood is our C, and he is never moving back to OG for the Bills...

I think Wood should stay at Center. He will be a great one in the near future.

ddaryl
08-29-2011, 12:50 PM

Damn straight.. I'm flabbergasted by the thought that moving him is in any way a smart move....

lmcshadow
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Yeah id like to see that..Our Oline need some veteran leadership with experience..

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
The guy is 32 years old with bad knees. If he had ANYTHING left, the Cowboys would have kept him, they are much closer to making the playoffs than the Bills are. Instead, the Cowboys cut him in favor of a ROOKIE.

Not exactly true, the Cowboys had limited cap room after they gave Scandrick thay huge deal, Gurode saves them 5.5 and gives them flexibility. This had far less to do with his skill level than his salary size.

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Not if he keeps getting his ass knocked back off the line like he has recently.

better days
08-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Not exactly true, the Cowboys had limited cap room after they gave Scandrick thay huge deal, Gurode saves them 5.5 and gives them flexibility. This had far less to do with his skill level than his salary size.

He currently has a sprained PCL, he had knee surgery in the off season. Was due to make $5.5 Mill this year & the Cowboys were not sure he would even start. That is why they wanted him to take a pay cut. They did not want to pay $5.5 Mill to a back up.

better days
08-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Not if he keeps getting his ass knocked back off the line like he has recently.

He is much better than Hang or Gurode would be.

Kenny
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
It's not like we have anyone good on our line right now. Guys like Wood and Levitre are getting thrown around like rag dolls. And we certainly have the cap space.

So let's see if that theory on ownership being cheap or not holds water...

ddaryl
08-29-2011, 03:31 PM
It's not like we have anyone good on our line right now. Guys like Wood and Levitre are getting thrown around like rag dolls. And we certainly have the cap space.

They're young and inexperience, but if Jax is any indication on how this OL CAN play then they are no wheres near as bad as you think.

Our OL was solid against JAX and they picked up blitzes etc... Fitz had time to heave the ball downfield..

Not saying we won't experience some rough games, but bringing in these 30 year old +++ vets will be counter productive in the years ahead.. Let Nix build through the draft and let Gailey and Co. develop our own...

better days
08-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Well, if the Bills are cheap for not signing Gurode, I guess the Cowboys are as well.

Does anyone on this board really want to over pay an OLD INJURED Center when they have young guys on the team now that can out play him?

And I don't want to hear he would be better than Wood because the Cowboys planned to start a rookie at Center even if Gurode resigned with them at a lower price. I will bet Wood is better than the Cowboys rookie Center.

YardRat
08-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Wood is starting to worry me...he gets pushed off the line and into the backfield, quickly, too often for my tastes. Starter or not, G or C, Gurode would certainly be a ****-ton better than any lineman we have after the top 6 or seven.

BertSquirtgum
08-29-2011, 05:05 PM
boobies

BillsFever21
08-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Just because he would not accept a paycut doesn't mean he will get huge money on the open market. Many players in his shoes refuse to take a paycut out of pride or whatever reasons and end up with a 1 year deal on the open market.

I would take a shot on him on a 1 or 2 year deal for average money. He could probably even play guard and god knows we need somebody who can play there.

better days
08-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Just because he would not accept a paycut doesn't mean he will get huge money on the open market. Many players in his shoes refuse to take a paycut out of pride or whatever reasons and end up with a 1 year deal on the open market.

I would take a shot on him on a 1 or 2 year deal for average money. He could probably even play guard and god knows we need somebody who can play there.

Well, even if he could still play like a starter how would he help the Bills? All he would do is get the Bills a lower draft pick.

A team desperate to make the playoffs may sign him, but his time is running out in the NFL if it hasn't already.

BillsFever21
08-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Well, even if he could still play like a starter how would he help the Bills? All he would do is get the Bills a lower draft pick.

A team desperate to make the playoffs may sign him, but his time is running out in the NFL if it hasn't already.

I'd gladly take a lower draft pick. That would mean we won more games. Are you hoping to win games or lose games? We're not going to have a winning record and will see 6 wins give or take a game but that is a horrible way to look at it.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a one maybe two year deal if it was only a couple million a season. If he didn't work out this year then get rid of him. God knows we have the cap room for a couple million. I wouldn't pay much more then that though.

If he was healthy enough to play he would bring much needed experience to a very young(and awful) offensive line. Playing alongside an established veteran could do wonders for a young group even if it was only for a year. They could learn a lot from a proven veteran.

With that said I don't see him ending up in a Bills uniform but if he was deemed healthy to play and the price was right I would take him. Even if he wasn't starting material anymore I would take him as a backup. Everyone knows there will be injuries on this line and he would be a hell of a lot better then our backup Guards and Centers we have right now.

We should have drafted an OT last year instead of Spiller. He better end up as a Top 5 RB in the league to make that pick worth it. Had we gotten a good OT in the draft last year that was a capable starter our line would be in much better shape. Bell is inconsistent and average at best when he is playing well. The right OT Pears is going to be horrendous.

better days
08-29-2011, 11:03 PM
I'd gladly take a lower draft pick. That would mean we won more games. Are you hoping to win games or lose games? We're not going to have a winning record and will see 6 wins give or take a game but that is a horrible way to look at it.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a one maybe two year deal if it was only a couple million a season. If he didn't work out this year then get rid of him. God knows we have the cap room for a couple million. I wouldn't pay much more then that though.

If he was healthy enough to play he would bring much needed experience to a very young(and awful) offensive line. Playing alongside an established veteran could do wonders for a young group even if it was only for a year. They could learn a lot from a proven veteran.

With that said I don't see him ending up in a Bills uniform but if he was deemed healthy to play and the price was right I would take him. Even if he wasn't starting material anymore I would take him as a backup. Everyone knows there will be injuries on this line and he would be a hell of a lot better then our backup Guards and Centers we have right now.

We should have drafted an OT last year instead of Spiller. He better end up as a Top 5 RB in the league to make that pick worth it. Had we gotten a good OT in the draft last year that was a capable starter our line would be in much better shape. Bell is inconsistent and average at best when he is playing well. The right OT Pears is going to be horrendous.

I would hope to win games with a young team on the rise, not with an OLD INJURED Free Agent that would likely be in Buffalo for only a year or two tops.

And you guys still don't get it, He is INJURED, has a sprained PCL NOW & had offseason Knee surgery. You don't even know if he can walk at this point let alone play.

ChristopherWalken
08-30-2011, 07:18 AM
First read this thread title as: Gouda Cut

Must be hungry