• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Love-hate day for Bills in the media

"2. I don't know how Ryan Fitzpatrick(notes), aka "The Amish Rifle" according to his teammates, is going to stay upright behind that Bills offensive line this season. But when he is standing tall, he is fearless and dangerous. The young receivers are fun and don't have a clue how young they are, and neither does Fitzpatrick — he just keep feeding them the ball and asking them to make plays. The Bills will be a more entertaining and — I think — successful team this season."

LINK

"The following quotes are from NFL scouts, coaches and front-office personnel, speaking on the condition of anonymity:

I keep hearing what a great job (Bills GM) Buddy Nix is doing. The offensive line sucks. He did not address the quarterback position. (C.J.) Spiller is still struggling two years running. How do you win with (Kraig) Urbik, (Erik) Pears and Demetrius Bell starting on your offensive line? And there is nothing behind them. They paid Nick Barnett a ton of money to play in a system that he is not good at. He is a 4-3 Mike 'backer who is on the downside of his career. Who are their outside 'backers? (Chris) Kelsay and (Shawne) Merriman are old and broken down. There's nothing behind them. I'm shocked Jammie Kirlew is on an NFL roster. Buddy has been around awhile — he must have the hype machine working overtime. Unless I'm missing something, that is a bad football team."

LINK
    I am The Batman.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Love-hate day for Bills in the media

rofl

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Historian
      rofl
      I find the second link hilarious. There is someone out there who hates Buddy something fierce.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
        I find the second link hilarious. There is someone out there who hates Buddy something fierce.
        I bet it's Tom Donahoe.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
          I bet it's Tom Donahoe.
          Or his minion Mort. I do have to say though that I can't agree nor disagree . We are still a 4-12 team until proven otherwise. Nix has 3 years to prove he knows what he's doing. I just hope Ralphy doesn't meddle but thats wishful thinking
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Let the haters hate.....on any Sunday any team can win. Statistically we'll most likely be a losing team again, but I have a feeling we will win a few games nobody expects. (BUT,in true Bills fashion, we'll the ones we shouldn't )

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

That second link seems to be hating on everyone. Here's a bullet about our week 1 opponent.

"(Chiefs head coach) Todd Haley knows his team stinks, that he is going to get blamed and it probably is his fault. He definitely has done nothing to help the offense, especially at the receiver position. It's not difficult for anyone to connect the dots. Look at the guys they have brought in (during Haley's tenure) — Jerheme Urban, Terrance Copper, Steve Breaston, Bobby Wade — they all played for Todd at Arizona, Dallas or Chicago. (Rookie first-round pick Jonathan) Baldwin is already in trouble. You look at the offense as a whole. They have no center; the receivers are not that good; (Tony) Moeaki is hurt again, the right tackle (Barry Richardson) cannot block speed. Subtract Charlie Weis — how does the offense get any better? This will be Todd's last year, and I think he knows it."

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ed
                That second link seems to be hating on everyone. Here's a bullet about our week 1 opponent.

"(Chiefs head coach) Todd Haley knows his team stinks, that he is going to get blamed and it probably is his fault. He definitely has done nothing to help the offense, especially at the receiver position. It's not difficult for anyone to connect the dots. Look at the guys they have brought in (during Haley's tenure) — Jerheme Urban, Terrance Copper, Steve Breaston, Bobby Wade — they all played for Todd at Arizona, Dallas or Chicago. (Rookie first-round pick Jonathan) Baldwin is already in trouble. You look at the offense as a whole. They have no center; the receivers are not that good; (Tony) Moeaki is hurt again, the right tackle (Barry Richardson) cannot block speed. Subtract Charlie Weis — how does the offense get any better? This will be Todd's last year, and I think he knows it."
                Haley is an idiot. Points a finger at opposing HC's all the time when he loses instead of shaking hands as a good sportsman should, drove both Chan Gailey & Charlie Weis out of K.C. real smart.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

If I remember the stats from the Jacksonville game, Fitzpatrick had the highest QB rating possible, the offensive line did not give up a sack, both Jackson and Spiller had respectable yards per carry. And at least one media source said this is the best starting defense Jacksonville has fielded in some time. Just keep looking at names and saying they're lousy and we'll see what the stats look like at the end of the season.

Same thing with the defense. Jacksonville has an established QB in Garrard. It's true they rested Maurice-Jones, but Buffalo rested Merriman (and Kelsay) and I don't think they played Marcell Dareus a whole lot. Jacksonville's starting unit had a tough time moving the ball. They ended up playing their starters one more drive after Buffalo had pulled theirs. Merriman could have played, but Buffalo played it safe. Buffalo signed a pretty good linebacker to pair with Barnett, who has played better than his predecessor, Posluszny. Buffalo's "nothing" backups at outside linebacker, Carrington and Batten played very well. As for Jamie Kerlew, he's not going to make the final cut. Every team has their scrubs, and he's one of ours.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    If I remember the stats from the Jacksonville game, Fitzpatrick had the highest QB rating possible, the offensive line did not give up a sack, both Jackson and Spiller had respectable yards per carry. And at least one media source said this is the best starting defense Jacksonville has fielded in some time. Just keep looking at names and saying they're lousy and we'll see what the stats look like at the end of the season.

Same thing with the defense. Jacksonville has an established QB in Garrard. It's true they rested Maurice-Jones, but Buffalo rested Merriman (and Kelsay) and I don't think they played Marcell Dareus a whole lot. Jacksonville's starting unit had a tough time moving the ball. They ended up playing their starters one more drive after Buffalo had pulled theirs. Merriman could have played, but Buffalo played it safe. Buffalo signed a pretty good linebacker to pair with Barnett, who has played better than his predecessor, Posluszny. Buffalo's "nothing" backups at outside linebacker, Carrington and Batten played very well. As for Jamie Kerlew, he's not going to make the final cut. Every team has their scrubs, and he's one of ours.
                    Well the Jags had a couple defensive starters out, but as you said, so did the Bills.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                      • Sep 2003

Is Pat Moran now being quoted as an anonymous source?? Who takes this crap seriously? Never mind. I know who take it seriously.

PTR
                      10 Commandments of the D
                      1. Never stop Rocking.
                      2. Legalize all drugs.
                      3. Quit your day job.
                      4. All Religion should be taxed.
                      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                      6. F**k her gently.
                      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

They are unanimous in their hatred for me...well except for that one guy...and I welcome their hatred.

Comment

Working...
                        X