PDA

View Full Version : Coaches on the hot seat in 2011

T-Long
08-29-2011, 12:55 PM
As final cuts are just around the corner, it is very important that head coaches and general managers throughout the league make the right decisions, because their heads may be on the chopping block at some point this season. Not all head coaches and GMs are on the hot seats, but I am going to tell you who my top 5 are heading into the 2011 season. If their teams are not vastly improved or do not make the playoffs, they could all be looking for new jobs in 2012.

Full Story (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/89186/NFL-head-coaches-on-the-hot-seat-in-2011)

better days
08-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Great article Terry. I agree with it all. Sporano while on the hot seat, has the Fins playing well in the preseason, we will have to see if it carries over when the games count.

Extremebillsfan247
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Full Story (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/89186/NFL-head-coaches-on-the-hot-seat-in-2011)Wow, 4 of those coaches are on the Bills schedule in 2011 excluding Belichick. Safest out of those mentioned will probably be Turner in my opinion .

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-29-2011, 01:16 PM
no way reid is on the hot seat IMO
too well respected i think
but thats why i dont write articles i know nuthin' :)

TigerJ
08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
Turner always has good teams and always loses games he has no business losing. He gets teams to a certain level and can't get them any further. Owners and GMs eventually lose patience.

better days
08-29-2011, 01:21 PM
no way reid is on the hot seat IMO
too well respected i think
but thats why i dont write articles i know nuthin' :)

I heard an interview with the Eagles GM the other day. He said the goal of the Eagles this year is not the playoffs, it is to WIN the Super Bowl.

That is a VERY HIGH goal & if the Eagles fail to even get to the Super Bowl, I could see Reid getting fired.

BertSquirtgum
08-29-2011, 01:26 PM
i don't know about andy reid being fired. regardless of having "the dream team" or not, i don't see him getting the boot.

T-Long
08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
thanks for the comments guys, I knew the Reid addition would create a stir. I truly believe that if they don't win the Super Bowl, he could be gone. If they make the Super Bowl and don't win it, that's the only way I see him staying. But if they lose out in the playoffs, I really think he'll go.

Zero
08-29-2011, 01:57 PM
If AJ Smith got the boot in SD , I'd love the idea of him coming to Buffalo. I highy doubt he gets canned, and there's even less of a possibility that he would come here.

better days
08-29-2011, 02:03 PM
If AJ Smith got the boot in SD , I'd love the idea of him coming to Buffalo. I highy doubt he gets canned, and there's even less of a possibility that he would come here.

No way Ralph would ever hire him again. I can't say I care either. I think he has a personality similar to Haley.

ZAZusmc03
08-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm in no way surprised with Reid being on your list. Frankly, I'm surprised he is still around in Philly. I do believe he is a good coach, but he can't win big games. I completely agree with your standpoint on him. I like all your choices. Good article!

kishoph
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
thanks for the comments guys, I knew the Reid addition would create a stir. I truly believe that if they don't win the Super Bowl, he could be gone. If they make the Super Bowl and don't win it, that's the only way I see him staying. But if they lose out in the playoffs, I really think he'll go.

With all the hoopla surrounding the Eagles this pre season, you may be right. I don't see why the expectations are so high for the Eagles myself, especially if VICK struggles.

CleveSteve
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure that Andy Reid owns the hot seat. Seems like every year he's mentioned... I think it's obligatory in articles like this.

Ingtar33
08-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Full Story (http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/89186/NFL-head-coaches-on-the-hot-seat-in-2011)

Gailey and Nix give us another <5 win season and this could the the end of the line for them too.

DraftBoy
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Think its a premature to put Hue Jackson on the hot seat already, would put Gailey up there well before him.

Buffalogic
08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
When are you gonna give up? Andy Reid? Hue Jackson? Find a better way to spend your free time.

better days
08-29-2011, 10:57 PM
Think its a premature to put Hue Jackson on the hot seat already, would put Gailey up there well before him.

I would bet both Nix & Gailey both have at least one more year no matter what the Bills record is this year.

T-Long
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Hue Jackson is the head coach of the Oakland Raiders, who is owned by Mr. Al Davis. Nothing is premature about how Davis runs business. If he was with any other team, Jackson would not be on the list. I don't think Gailey has any job security issues to be honest. I think he's got at least two more seasons to turn this around or he might then be in danger. When Buddy Nix leaves his post as GM, then I could see it happening sooner, but Gailey wouldn't make my list as long as Nix is around.

zone
08-30-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm in no way surprised with Reid being on your list. Frankly, I'm surprised he is still around in Philly. I do believe he is a good coach, but he can't win big games. I completely agree with your standpoint on him. I like all your choices. Good article!
So in that case then the Bills should have canned Marv.

T-Long
08-30-2011, 09:04 AM
So in that case then the Bills should have canned Marv.
I think comparing Levy and Reid is not a fair assesment. Reid couldn't win the NFC Championship, Levy couldn't win SuperBowls. I think that is the main difference. I personally don't think Andy Reid should ever get canned because he is a great coach with very good success, but only having one Super Bowl appearance is what hurts him. But if I'm calling the shots, he could coach my team as long as he kept the competitive in the NFC, which he has.

justasportsfan
08-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Everyone is on the hot seat because Sexy Rexy said they are winning the sb.

DraftBoy
08-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I would bet both Nix & Gailey both have at least one more year no matter what the Bills record is this year.

Oh I wouldnt bet that. They 0-16 they are gone.

More than likely they get one more year, I agree.

DraftBoy
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Hue Jackson is the head coach of the Oakland Raiders, who is owned by Mr. Al Davis. Nothing is premature about how Davis runs business. If he was with any other team, Jackson would not be on the list. I don't think Gailey has any job security issues to be honest. I think he's got at least two more seasons to turn this around or he might then be in danger. When Buddy Nix leaves his post as GM, then I could see it happening sooner, but Gailey wouldn't make my list as long as Nix is around.

You're forgetting Davis like Jackson...alot. And Davis has begun to seem more senile in his decisions of late (maybe dementia?).

As for Gailey, I dont know how anybody could of watched the roster mismanagement and play calling last year and say Gailey has no security concerns. Do I think he's getting canned? No, but if he goes 0-16 or even 0-8 in the division, you better believe his ass will be to the fire.

justasportsfan
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM

Not. That would be considered genius. They get Andrew Luck.

DraftBoy
08-30-2011, 11:13 AM

That's assuming he declares. Let's all keep in mind he has a year of eligibility left after this. If he doesn't like the situation he could stay in school.

That would be the Bills luck. We get #1 overall and he stays in school.

better days
08-30-2011, 11:38 AM

More than likely they get one more year, I agree.

Well, nothing in life is 100% guaranteed. I think it would be a safe bet to make myself.

psubills62
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
That's assuming he declares. Let's all keep in mind he has a year of eligibility left after this. If he doesn't like the situation he could stay in school.

That would be the Bills luck. We get #1 overall and he stays in school.
It would seem that that's also the Panthers' "luck" (or lack thereof).

Albany,n.y.
08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Here's the deal. 0-16 is totally unacceptable & Gailey would have to be gone. Since Luck has said he wants to graduate before going to the NFL & is on schedule to graduate in 2012, one has to believe he will be in the 2012 draft.
One of the main reasons Gailey is coach is because better coaches saw the Bills talent level and didn't want anything to do with a franchise that had to go further down before they went back up. Now, if Luck is available to the Bills, that changes the equation, especially with some decent talent on the defensive side.
A bad season, bad enough to get Luck, & at least Gailey is a goner. Then the new guy comes in, gets a couple of offensive linemen through free agency and suddenly the new coach is a year or 2 from being a major contender.
If the Bills are in a position to get Luck, coaches will want to come here. That's something that was hadly the case last year.
Anything worse than 4-12 & Gailey will be packing his bags.

T-Long
08-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I keep hearing 0-16. Does anyone truly believe that the Bills will go 0-16? That's very unrealistic to me. This team will win 4-6 games guaranteed, hopefully a lot more

DraftBoy
08-31-2011, 07:47 AM
I keep hearing 0-16. Does anyone truly believe that the Bills will go 0-16? That's very unrealistic to me. This team will win 4-6 games guaranteed, hopefully a lot more

I wouldn't guarantee anything with this team. Preseason aside we lack any kind of real depth across the board. No matter where you rank our starters in terms of talent its our lack of quality death that is going to kill us late in games.

To answer your question, do I truly believe the Bills are an 0-16 team? No, I think it could happen, but I think they are a 3-5 win team at season's end.