PDA

View Full Version : Brad Jefferson Released... Bills/Lions Blacked Out

BLeonard
08-30-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/30/2393476/nfl-roster-cuts-buffalo-bills-lions-blackout

The Buffalo Bills needed to release one more player to get down to the NFL-mandated 80-player roster size by this afternoon, and they've done just that, announcing that they've cut undrafted free agent rookie Brad Jefferson.

In other news, the Bills have also announced that Thursday's home pre-season finale against the Detroit Lions has not sold out, and will be blacked out on local television. It's the second straight pre-season game to be blacked out, and just like last week's game against Jacksonville, it will likely re-air on local television on a tape delay at some point.

The article also mentions that, as of now, the team has not announced any sellouts for the 2011 season.

-Bill

WeAreArthurMoates
08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
The ticket office said the opener, eagles game are down to just single seats and the pats game is close. Those three will sell out, I assume the Jets will.

PromoTheRobot
08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
The ticket office said the opener, eagles game are down to just single seats and the pats game is close. Those three will sell out, I assume the Jets will.

We will sell out the first 4 home games. If we are somehow still in the playoff hunt in December, we'll sell out one or two more. That Christmas Eve game will be tough.

PTR

ServoBillieves
08-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Brad Jefferson... Big loss...

So what's for dinner?

YardRat
08-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Brad Jefferson... Big loss...

So what's for dinner?

Grilled chicken for me. Wendy's value menu for Brad, apparently.

Mski
08-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Brad Jefferson... who? :idunno:

Johnny Bugmenot
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Why do Bills fans keep buying tickets for a game they know the Bills are going to lose-- and badly at that? If there is any game that deserves not to be sold out, it's the annual home blowout against the Pats. We don't need to see that garbage.

BillsFever21
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
We always sell out the first several games when the weather is nice. They get purchased before the season when people have optimism or is just ready for some football and before we're out of the playoff hunt halfway through the season. The later games are usually a wait and see approach for most fans.

It's the last 4 games in November and December which is the challenge. Most people are not going to waste $60 on a ticket to sit in the cold and watch a 3-7 team play. If we're around .500 and in the hunt they will usually sell out but if we have a losing record they usually don't.