PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan needs more from Maybin

T-Long
08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I feel bad for the guy....wish he could find a place to stick and be productive. It's not his fault he was drafted that high. If he does produce, just don't want it to be in the AFC East.

Story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/30/rex-ryan-needs-more-from-aaron-maybin/)

ddaryl
08-30-2011, 01:52 PM
if he would have been drafted in rd 2 or later he would have been cut from the Bills much earlier

BertSquirtgum
08-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Why isn't Orakpo a buffalo Bill? oh yeah because dick jauron is a ****ing stupid asswipe.

ddaryl
08-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Why isn't Orakpo a buffalo Bill? oh yeah because dick jauron is a ****ing stupid asswipe.

Don't be such a pussy.. stop sugar coating it

BLeonard
08-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Sorry, I can't feel bad for Aaron Maybin. he brings a good part of his problems on himself.

No, it wasn't his fault that the Bills were stupid enough to draft him so high I'll give you that. But, that's about where it ends, as far as "not his fault" is concerned.

It's COMPLETELY his fault that he felt it was more important to make sorry-ass "Maybin Mayhem" songs, along with holding out for more money, than getting into camp and getting reps in practice and preseason games.

Note that basically, the first thing out of his mouth after signing with the Jets wasn't something to the effect of "I need to get in and get as much practice as possible to get familiar with the defense." No, it was, in a nurtshell, "The Bills are gonna be sorry."

Aaron Maybin seems to want all of the notariety, all of the fame and all of the money that goes with being an NFL player... Problem is, he doesn't (or can't) produce when it comes time to BE an NFL player.

I would be majorly shocked if he makes the Jets' 53 man roster.

-Bill

trapezeus
08-30-2011, 01:59 PM
too bad, it would have been a good confidence builder for our linemen to toss maybin around on passing downs 2x's this season.

Mad Max
08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Why feel bad for Maybin? He probably shouldn't have been drafted at all much less in the first round. That's how incapable he is at his position.

He was the beneficiary of a perfect storm of opportunity finding a good doctor to prescribe him 30lbs of temporary muscle in a needle + a senile owner + a zombie head coach whose only redeeming factor was that he learned how to talk after he died = yet another windfall payday for yet another undeserving player that should have never donned a Buffalo Bills (NFL) uniform.

PromoTheRobot
08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Hope Aaron didn't piss his money away. He's young, handsome, and a millionaire. Life could be worse.

PTR

FlyingDutchman
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I feel bad for the guy....wish he could find a place to stick and be productive. It's not his fault he was drafted that high. If he does produce, just don't want it to be in the AFC East.

Story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/30/rex-ryan-needs-more-from-aaron-maybin/)

Maybe not his fault he was drafted so high, but if he concentrated on his game instead of being a self promoting glory whore, maybe he would have been something

justasportsfan
08-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I feel bad for the guy....

why feel sorry for someone who's laughing his way to the bank?

BertSquirtgum
08-30-2011, 03:06 PM
He has a long rap career ahead of him.

sdbillsfan2
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

jamze132
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Seriously?

don137
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I don't feel bad for him whatsoever. He is a multimillionaire that duped the Bills by gaining all this weight before the combine and then proceeds to lose it and never able to gain it back. You seriously have to wonder what kind of supplements he was taking before the combine.
Not his fault he was drafted so high but I am sure there is a lot better people out there more deserving of a chance then him. He got more than his fair share of chances.

better days
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't feel bad for him whatsoever. He is a multimillionaire that duped the Bills by gaining all this weight before the combine and then proceeds to lose it and never able to gain it back. You seriously have to wonder what kind of supplements he was taking before the combine.
Not his fault he was drafted so high but I am sure there is a lot better people out there more deserving of a chance then him. He got more than his fair share of chances.

EXACTLY. How can anyone feel sorry for a guy paid that much money for doing absolutly NOTHING? He was told he needed to get bigger last year, so he comes into camp even smaller than last year.

better days
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Rex must have gotten all the info he could out of Maybin already.

Bert102176
08-30-2011, 03:40 PM

now was it Jauron or was it the front office

trapezeus
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
my sense is that maybin really just was never fit to be a bigger guy. i don't doubt he tried, but i think he got his size for the combine in methods that wouldn't have flied in the NFL.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and guess he tried to get the size and didn't blow it off. but what is the most stunning is that his on field performance was worse than Tim Anderson. We hated that guy, but he never got thrown around and was totally ineffectual like maybin. He wasn't good, but he wasn't that noticably bad.

i really was stunned during the preseason bears game when searcy looked bigger than maybin. That's when i knew he just wasnt' ever going to make the 2011 squad for the bills.

better days
08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
now was it Jauron or was it the front office

Yes. Jauron was the front office. He had charge of the draft.

ServoBillieves
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Maybin was excited to come back and face Buffalo. Too bad he will be watching from his house. I don't feel bad for him. At all.

Historian
08-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Lol at this thread...

SabreEleven
08-30-2011, 06:07 PM
What did Ryan expect? he picked up a player cut early from one of the worst teams in the league? Was he expecting Clay Matthews?

Mike
08-30-2011, 07:39 PM

You do realize its not just Dicks fault. Its the FO and Ralph's fault for hiring and even more so for supporting the pick. Dick did not make that pick alone! He had support!

In fact Dick is least responsible of the bunch. He was over promoted and should never have been given the opportunity to make such a big mistake. Its like letting my mom pick the Bills next draft pick. It would not be her fault for making a bad decision but rather the fault of who ever let her the opportunity to make suck a colossal mistake while supporting her.

Lastly, I feel that some blame goes to the Trabalistic Fans that root and support FO decisions no matter how bad they are! Its these types of Bilnd Optomistic Loyalists who supported DJ for the previous 3yrs, whom without, would have been fired long before drafting Maybin. Its theses type of Bling Homers that support a Bad FO and a Bad Coach blaming the previous GM/Coach until its too late. It took these guys 4yrs to realize how bad DJ was and 3 yrs to realize how bad Maybin is. And its these fans that are doing it to us again, Blinding being Optomistic about the dumbest of decisions and supporting everything before them.

sdbillsfan2
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
What did Ryan expect? he picked up a player cut early from one of the worst teams in the league? Was he expecting Clay Matthews?

He might of been hoping for a Clay Matthews type but turned out more like a Clay Aiken.

BillsFever21
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM

I agree Dick Jauron is an asswipe but he didn't make the final call on who we drafted. He could give his input but the blame falls on Russ Brandon for drafting him. And even more blame falls on Ralph Wilson for taking a guy from marketing who didn't know anything about football and making him the GM. That is the biggest asswipe decision of it all. Not to mention bringing in Marv to be the GM for a few years before him. As much as we all love Marv he wasn't GM material. Wilson's horrible decisions set this team back for years. We literally have almost nothing to show for out of them 5 years of draft picks.

The Jokeman
08-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Maybe he was hoping for another Calvin Pace.

Jaybird
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
WELCOME TO CANADA

better days
08-30-2011, 10:16 PM

John Lynch future HOF Buc Safety, now broadcaster said during the Bucs/Fins game the other night "You know the team is getting good when other teams start to pick up the players your team cuts". The Bills must be getting good.

Extremebillsfan247
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Maybin should try the CFL. It might work for him. JMO

BLeonard
08-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Maybin should try the CFL. It might work for him. JMO

Apparently, since cutting Gholston, Chicago is waiting to see what happens to Maybin. (http://www.lflus.com/chicagobliss/)

-Bill

better days
08-30-2011, 11:41 PM
I agree Dick Jauron is an asswipe but he didn't make the final call on who we drafted. He could give his input but the blame falls on Russ Brandon for drafting him. And even more blame falls on Ralph Wilson for taking a guy from marketing who didn't know anything about football and making him the GM. That is the biggest asswipe decision of it all. Not to mention bringing in Marv to be the GM for a few years before him. As much as we all love Marv he wasn't GM material. Wilson's horrible decisions set this team back for years. We literally have almost nothing to show for out of them 5 years of draft picks.

WRONG, Jauron had final say on the draft, not Brandon.

paladin warrior
08-31-2011, 12:57 AM
DId Maybin cut today??

Pinkerton Security
08-31-2011, 07:10 AM

I do NOT feel bad for a gifted athlete who got paid a lot of money to do nothing but be lazy. The guy didnt study his playbook and didnt keep his weight up, the 2 most important things for him...I hope Aaron Maybin has a good life but I will never feel bad for someone who squandered such a great opportunity.

T-Long
08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
I do NOT feel bad for a gifted athlete who got paid a lot of money to do nothing but be lazy. The guy didnt study his playbook and didnt keep his weight up, the 2 most important things for him...I hope Aaron Maybin has a good life but I will never feel bad for someone who squandered such a great opportunity.
Pretty strong words for a guy who has Maybin in his avatar! haha j/k

BertSquirtgum
08-31-2011, 07:59 AM
You do realize its not just Dicks fault. Its the FO and Ralph's fault for hiring and even more so for supporting the pick. Dick did not make that pick alone! He had support!

it is completely maurons fault for wanting maybin in the first place. he was just another undersized pile of crap that mauron loved for his defenses.

and your tribal dribble is not catching on with anyone. give it up. it's really stupid and makes all of your posts look like a ******

Pinkerton Security
08-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Pretty strong words for a guy who has Maybin in his avatar! haha j/k

HAHA i was like wait a miiiiinute, did someone change my avatar?!

Blogabills
08-31-2011, 08:59 AM
WRONG, Jauron had final say on the draft, not Brandon.

It's pretty much documented fact that Jauron had the final say on the Maybin pick.

We can blame Ralph all we want for hiring the wrong people, and we do, but that doesn't mean the people themselves bear no responsibility.

It also means Ralph gets credit for the decisions people make under him that were right, so that means if we nail him for Maybin, we give him DAP for Kyle W., Stevie J., and other late round/undrafted finds.